Cortijo Blanco Hotel

Globales Cortijo Blanco Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

All Inclusive Hotel - Cortijo...

All Inclusive Hotel - Cortijo Blanco
    It worked out at about £350 a head for a week in July. It was only about £60 more for a 2 week stay which is excellent value.

Unique Quality: This is a great hotel set back from the beach and not too far from San Pedro and Puerto Banus.

More about Cortijo Blanco Hotel

All inclusive bargain

by rob-craig about Cortijo blanco

On arrival the reception staff were very good quick and polite,and after 20 hours of travelling i was soon into my bed .All meals were varied from day to day soup was fantastic although breakfast may have appeared to be repetitive you could still have something different each day of the week,what more do some people want?
Bar staff were good though the only down side was sometimes queing for drinks and the entertainment didnt really go much past a round of bingo Avery Andalucian style to the complex which came as a nice suprise as i had been informed that it was very English

Some of the beaches of...

by Christianne

Some of the beaches of Marbeilla are:

GUADALMINA BEACH: Sandy beach situated near the centre of San Pedro Alcantara. There also exists the 4 star hotel Guadalmina.
SAN PEDRO ALCANTARA BEACH: Black sandy beach located in the urban centre of San Pedro Alcántara.
PUERTO BANUS BEACH: Golden sandy beach located in Nueva Andalucia, east of Jose Banus Port.
LINDA VISTA BEACH: Sandy beach located near the centre of San Pedro.
NUEVA ANDALUCIA BEACH: Located in an urbanizations are, next to Nueva Andalucia and Jose Banus.
RIO VERDE BEACH: It is located in the Rio Verdeurbanization, next to the homonymous river.
CORTIJO BLANCO BEACH: Golden sand and pebbles.It is located near the centre of San Pedro Alcántara. Next to it are the hotels Cortijo Blanco and Pueblo Andaluz.

For more info and pics visit my travelogue.

I agree with """NEVER AGAIN"""

Cortijo Blanco... I wouldn't say what it should be translated too. Lets start with the positives, to look at a very acceptable hotel, the superior rooms are standard 3 star and the standards are what is to be expected. Anita was very polite and helpfull. The negatives - the food (repetative, cold, bland) ideal if you like ketchup and cold chips.
Drinks .... OK but lager was very often flat and dirty glasses. The queues weren't exceptionally bad, if i'm being fair it was half term week. We booked the Gardenia and AIRTOURS made a complete hash of over-booking the hotel!!! The nearest decent place is Marbella or Puerto Banus and Banus is not all its made out too be .... its not even clean .... and the police don't like the English. I'd have much preferred Fuengirola, Benelmadena, Torremolinos or another area of Spain ..... my advice.... give it a miss ..... WE WONT BE GOING BACK!!!!!!!

Not much to complain

We just came back from an eleven days stay in the Cortijo Blanco hotel and have not much to complain. Maybe the drain smelled sometime in the bathroom and the guest were not always dressed as it should be in the restaurant. Food was regular and of course it is obvious when you stay for a longer period the food will taste not as good as in the beginning. We enjoyed the evening entertainment especially the karaoke.
For the small price we paid for one cannot expect miracles. Friendly personal, and a few one inch lenghts cucarachas crossed my way to the restaurant. Puerto Banus was easily to reach by a 15 minutes walk, and the bus could take us wherever we wanted to go. We visited Marbella, Estepona, Fuengirola and even Benalmadena by bus. We certainly come back to this beautiful area.

good holiday but with some major faults

we just arrived back today from our holiday in san pedro, and though we had a good holiday there were some things about the hotel that we did not like ie: the amount of intoxicated people due to free drink surely the bar staff should stop serving them drink when they get to the stage that they can't stand and are being a nuisance to other guests. I must say that we could not fault the food there was always something for even the fussy eater, my only objection to this was that I thought with all inclusive that you could eat or drink at any time but at the cortijo blanco this is not the case when the resteraunt closes it is an hour before the snack bar opens, and the same with the bar if the open air bar is open then the inside one is closed surely this can't be right. and where was the ice creams for the children these seemed to only available at meal times and then you had to use the machines at other times and only if you put money in them. And lastly the road out side the hotel is a major death trap surely they should build a bridge over as when you get off the bus you can't get across, so you have to go all the way to san pedro and take a 10 minute walk down the hill.

Best holiday ever

We have just returned to wet cold windy England after a fabulous holiday at the Cortijo Blanco. There were 5 of us in our party including an 8th month baby and a 5 year old girl. When we arrived we immediately upgraded after reading some of the comments on this site and didn't regret it. Our rooms were spacious and very clean with a nice ensuite bathroom. We were on the ground floor with a nice view overlooking the tennis courts. The food was good but by the end of the week it was a bit monotonous. The staff were excellent and all worked so hard. Where ever you looked somebody was cleaning. They were also polite. We have now also met Louis and were not dissapointed. The evening entertainment was really good apart from one night which they had as quiz night. The hotel entertainers Jason and Eric were excellent and great with the kids. The kids club came in quite handy but unfortunatley we were told that this is the last year that First choice are doing it. They did say that another company will be taking over but they didnt know who. The hotel itself is not far from anywhere. We went to Gibraltor and Puerto Banus which is definately worth a visit. A bit of advice though don't go on the blanket trip even though it is free!!!
All in all a great holiday was had and we will be returning again.

Beautiful

We arrived to the aroma of sweet Jasmine, a clean, friendly and efficient check in service. The rooms, to our amazements were cool, clean and of a decent size with cots as requested. The food was great, my mum and I loved the Restaurant Andalucia but the snack bar and breakfast room was also there is so much for them to do independently from their parents. ALL of the staff were helpful and really friendly (especially the barstaff) one of which looked like Elvis!!! You can hire fridges, do your washing, there are safety deposit boxes, just everything you could possibly need for a fantastic holiday, wish I could have stayed longer. The road is bad, but you do not have to put yourself in danger, you either get off at the bus station at the top of the road and take a 8 minute walk back or bus to your destination and taxi back. We would take a bus to Marbella then the bus to Puerto Banus then a 5 euro taxi ride back, not bad for 4 people sharing. We went to the beach, its nice with some bars along the front and but not alot else. San Pedro market is pretty good, though the fake designer gear isn't worth writing home about, brilliant for herbs etc, not point buying fruit and veg as the hotel gives you as much as you could possibly want. The Orange Square in Marbella is lovely for eating, drinking and roaming around and Puerto Banus for shopping, lovely little Arab type market in the middle of the town. Gibraltar is a good trip, 1hr 10 mins on the bus, ours was air conditioned and cost about 3.80 euro, bit cheaper than the excursions which want about 26 euro and you do not have to queue to get out and clear from the bus, you walk through and walk back to La Linea bus terminus - beware buses run bang on time, so be prompt, no manyana there! I would recommend this place to anyone, and I am a holiday snob! Oh Anita, could we have more than two drinks at a time though next time please, we were in a party of 8 and it meant doing alot of relays!

Raphael... funniest man ever..

The best holiday ever. the bingo never failed to make me laugh, what with Ralph dressed up in a beautiful leopard print dress and eric in that very fitting red cat suit...

Antonio the waiter, do you remember me? It is Katie from January...

Shopping was great, so many good shops in Marbella and Puerto Banus.

Hope to return next year...

Costa del Sol

by gabriellefox

"I decided to relocate to the Costa del Sol"

I have been wanting to relocate out of the UK for some time now. My daughter, Sabrina has at last decided that she will come with me providing she gets into the English International College. We will know by the second week of August 2002.

I first sampled the delights of the Costa del Sol in November 2001. The month of November sees the highest amount of rain in the Costa del Sol but there were bright and sunny spells between the showers. Their winter is as good as most of our summers! I managed to come home with a tan!!

"Courtyard at Cortijo Blanco"

Lovely 3* All inclusive hotel near San Pedro. Unfortunately it is not near any really good beaches but makes a good base from which to explore.

"Cortijo Blanco - Pool"

The hotel has a couple of pools but be warned they get busy very early.

"Do we resemble a famous couple or what?"

Well we bear a passing resmblance to Katherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas anyway.

"Ronda - Park"

There is a beautiful little park with some spectacular views over the Ronda valley. I would highly recomend a stroll through this park when you visit Ronda.

"Silhouette"

I took this picture as the sun was setting. After strolling through the park you can follow a path around to the side of the hotel which leads to the Punta Nuevo.

"Puent Nuevo - Ronda"

Make sure you have lots of film in your camera for this day out!

"Puerto Banus Beach"

This is Helen Paul and Sabrina enjoying the splendour of Puerto Banus Beach.

"Ronda - Bullring"

"Mistral Beach"

The blonde girl works on the beach with Efizio the diminuative Italian bloke at her side.He's is apparently really helpful & always finds some space!!!

"Plaza Beach"

Both Mistral and Plaza beaches have resaurants, but Plaza also has a disco/ bar & a little bikini shop if you can call it that. Mistral also offers watersports with jet ski's etc.

"Mild Winters"

I had been looking for somewhere with good weather and mild winters and Spain looked like the most viable option. It is less than 2 hours away from the UK with a warm climate.

I missed my daughter too much so moved back to the UK after a couple of months. I will return when she starts college - September 2004.

"West Toward Gibraltar"

As I have explored the Balearic Islands on holiday I feel I would find living on a small island too claustrophobic.I was amazed at how big the Costa del Sol was. From Calahonda which is more or less in the centre of the stretch of coast it is a 2 hour drive in each direction.

I enjoyed the Costa del Sol, and each day explored the coast. One day driving west toward Gibraltar and the next driving east toward Nerja. I took the N340, the old coast road as it was more scenic than the tolled motorway which runs parallel to the foot of the mountains.

"Benalmedina"

The journey along the old road between Mijas and Benalmadena, took me among the pines and little chalets, it is like a continuous balcony which overlooks the sea. Benalmedina has some great nightlife spots too. You can find traditional Spanish Bars and clubs and those with a much more international feel to them.

Remember not to go to a club before 12 as you will be pretty lonely. After a late meal sit back and relax in one of the many bars before heading to the clubs where you can party until dawn.

"Frigiliani"

During high season the villages can be crowded with tourists visiting from along the coast. The higher you climb into the mountains the quieter it becomes and the cheaper the cafés, restaurants and bars and properties are.

There is a lot of property development all over the Costa and property prices are rising. Many of the traditional towns have been swallowed by developments along the coast but you do not have to drive for more than 30 minutes into the mountains and you will find untouched white washed serene villages in the mountains.

"Mijas Costa"

The many complexes in Mijas Costa are home to many of the areas ex-patriot population, composed mainly of British, Germans and Scandinavians. The area is marked by lots of pretty coves and beaches with housing complexes (urbanizations) behind. Most of the complexes are carefully designed to incorporate Spanish influence and care has been taken not to produce concrete monstrosities.

The development has been thoughtful and maintain the ambiance of the traditional with the convenience of the modern.

"Marbella my new home town."

Marbella is unique. A sun drenched historic town, at the foot of Europe, it is blessed with a specially mild microclimate, thanks to the protection of the impressive Sierra Blanca mountain range, which rises majestically behind Marbella just one mile inland from the shore. Surrounded by luxuriant semitropical vegetation, bathed by the waters of the Mediterranean, cooled by sea and mountain breezes, Marbella has a very special feel.

Marbella is a wonderful blend of old and new, historic and modern. Its carefully conserved historic monuments include the beautiful 16th century parish church with its outstanding organ, built ten years ago by public subscription, its Moorish, whose walls border the eastern perimeter of the Old Town - itself a fascinating collection of old houses and quiet streets. Marbella's archaeological treasures and sites have been carefully catalogued, restored and protected.

"Home Sweet Home? I think so!!"

Mijas Costa also boasts some of the coasts more famous golf courses and the luxurious Byblos Hotel which caters for the rich and famous, including guests such as the Rolling Stones.

There are some fantastic lakes, national parks and picnic spots which I discovered in April 2002. I will be returning with Sabrina and my boyfriend Paul in June.

Comments