Hotel Torrequebrada

Avenida del Sol S/N, Carretera de Cadiz Km 220, Benalmadena, Costa del Sol, 29630, Spain

THB Torrequebrada Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Not bad... but does not deserve a 5*

Claims to be a 5* hotel?! You have to stick your room key into the light switch to get any electricity. Also, you do not get a box of Kleenex in the bathroom, only a few napkins wrapped in paper. The front desk is helpful and efficient. The breakfast is quite a feast, lots of selections, but the quality is mediocre at best. The hotel is right on the beach, if you like to work on your tan, there are plenty of lounge chairs. Very family friendly with kids running around having a good time. Overall, I gave it a 7+.

• Sakura_Kobe's Profile Photo

Costa del...

Costa del Sol?iBenalmadena?j

Unique Quality: This is the exceptional five stars hotel in Benalmadena, Malaga. I love it so much. It offers everything you need for your vacation, lovely gardens, a beautiful pool, comfortable private beach facing Mediterranean Sea, as well as wonderful facilities such as casino, theater, refined restaurants and bars. My room (see the picture) was full of sunlight and its interior was very pleasant. I could enjoy the vibrant view of the sea and the sky from the veranda. But if you love the shopping areas like Torremolines, it is far away from those. This hotel is on the cliff where nature is real attraction.

Directions: Urbanizacion Torrequebrada 29630, Benalmadena-Costa, Costa del Sol

More about Hotel Torrequebrada

Torrequebrada isn't as bad as what its made out to be

We have just come back from Torrequebrada after a weeks holiday. It wasnt so bad people have rated this hotel as being 3 star on here but i have to say compared to the rest of the hotels in that area i think u could class it as a 5 star. But to English Standards it is 3 star edging on 4 star.
The reception is beautiful on entry, and the bedrooms aren't as bad as what people made out, we ended up in a twin but we asked to move to a double (queen) the following day and had no problems. The bathrooms is marble with 2 sinks, and a standard bath with over head shower. Warm water everyday and i have to say the cleaners are superb did a super job everyday. We had a balcony with a view of the beach and the main road. You can't hear the main road at night as you have to double patio doors, and a great air con system. We tested out the casino i have never been in one before but my partner has and he says its not all that, but its something to do if you get bored or can't sleep as its open 9pm-5am.
You can walk along the beaches to get to Puerto Marina, Benalmadena takes about an hour to get there walking, or hop in a cab for 7 euros or bus for 2 euros.
Or you can head to Furengirola which is ok also we took the bus there. There is also the sealife centre at the marina and in Malaga there is a Crocidile Park ideal for kids or a place called Holiday World. At Puerto Marina there are some lovely restaurants Metro, Nachos, American Brassiere, Playa Bil Bil for snacks. There are plenty more on the seafront as you are walking and they all seem nice for seafood as we stopped at 1 or 2 for snacks.
We went Catamaran Sailing on the last day which was so relaxing, some of them take you out and give you drinks and a barbe rolled in with the price so keep ur eye out on that if you like that.
The Hotels beach i have to say is nice but quite small and you can't really go in the sea unless you have shoes or are good with rocks as it is quite pebbly near the sea. The beach is snady and shelly but i went down there nearly everyday for a quick sunbathe and the locals are friendly also. The beach next door gets quite busy especially sat and sun. There is also the golf, and if you like shows of dancing great entertainment and dinner then club fortuna is ideal.
Now the breakfast at the hotel make sure you get up for it as there is so much choice i was filling my tummy every morning. Even champagne on offer..
My partner used the gym every morning whilst i went down to the beach and he said it was good for an hours workout. He also used the sauna. We used the indoor pool more than the outdoor and both where great, plus the staff really helpful.

All in All we went for a relaxing holiday together and that is what we got with great food and nice people all rolled into it.
We didn't ask about any activitys as we just wanted to relax so i am sure there is alot more than what we have seen on offer. I know we saw ads for horse riding, paragliding, bull fighting..etc. So ask around.

BENALMADENA

by LoriPori

Located in Andalucia on Spain's Costa del Sol and approximately 12 km west of Malaga, BENALMADENA is easy to reach by road, bus or train.
Benalmadena has three distinct areas:
Benalmadena Pueblo - Old Village
Benalmedena Costa - the beachfront area
Arroyo de la Miel - commercial zone

Benalmadena is one of the best places on the Costa del Col for nightlife. With so many bars, nightclubs and restaurants, there is something to suit all tastes.
There are also plenty of things to do for families like the Tivoli World Theme Park. See Penguins and dolphins at Selwo Marina and SeaLife with its touch pools, underwater tunnels and Lost City of Atlantis and which has the biggest shark collection in Europe. Or take a ride in the Cable Car up the 769 metre Monte Calamorro for fabulous views of the coastline.
There is also a Casino at the classy Hotel Torrequebrada.

Elegant Casino Torrequebrada

by deecat

NOTE: I did not take camera with me to the Casino; thus, these are photos from the Brochure I received while there!

Photographs:

1. Cover of the brochure about the Casino
2. Close-up of the outside of the Casino
3. Inside the brochure

While staying in Nerja, we took a trip to Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol to go to the Casino Torrequebrada Allan had read about it, and it was highly recommended, and we found out why.

We bought tickets for the show and dinner. There were two shows included: a typical Las Vegas (only better) show with costumes, dancing, beautiful girls, and terrific music; the second show was a Flamenco extravaganza.

We dressed up (coat jacket mandatory for men), and it really felt good. Food and service were outstanding.

Tickets included dinner, wine, coffee, dessert, another drink, the two shows, and entrance fee to the Casino.

That is really a very good deal, especially since I won over $200.00 at the Casino!

At the Casino, Allan won at Black Jack. I won about $200.00 at the Video Poker Slots with a Royal Flush in Spades (Joker Wild). It was so funny because I didn't really know what I was doing.

The picture is the Casino. .

Great hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member DJChud

We have just returned from a quick 4 night stay at the Hotel Torrequebrada where we had a fabulous stay.

The hotel is ideally situated on the coast between Benalmadena and Fuengerola just 20 minutes from Malaga International Airport. Although Benalmadena, Fuengerola and Torremolenos have a bit of a reputation for low-rent, cheap, package holidays frequented by tatooed, beer-swilling, football-shirt wearing thugs (and that's just the women!!) the Hotel Torrequebrada is situated just out of town enough for you to avoid the thump thump of the karaoke bars.

The hotel has a 5 star rating and is definitely the best hotel along the coast, however, I feel it may have achieved that elusive 5th star by the addition of a Spa which offers some fabulous pampering treatments - at reasonable prices. The hotel is definately a really good 4 star and the facilities and staff are great.

The room was a good size with a huge king-size bed and outside balcony with table and chairs ideal for eating room-service breakfast overlooking the wonderful view of the Mediteranean Sea.
***TIP*** the hotel is designed as two 11 floor towers - one facing Malaga (non-smoking) and one facing Marbella (smoking). If you dont mind staying in a 'Smoking' room ask for a Marbella facing room as you will get the sunshine on your balcony all afternoon and be able to see some amazing sunsets over the mountains to the west. Having said this, ALL the rooms have a sea-view of some kind - but the best are definitely on the Marbella side.
Our room had individually adjustable air-conditioning, pay-per-view movies, Spanish, English (3 x BBC including BBC1), German, French and Italian TV, Mini Bar, Wall Safe (free to use - nice touch), Wi-Fi internet (small charge) and plenty of storage space/drawers/cupboards with wooden hangers supplied and 24 hour room service.
The Bathroom was a good size with his and hers sinks and mirrors, hairdryer, shaving mirror, free shower wash and shampoo and plenty of towels. The toilet was in a seperate alcove behind a door (another nice touch) with a bidet.
The sheets and towels in the room were changed every day and the room was immaculately clean as were all the public areas of the hotel.

We chose a half-board option which entitled us to breakfast and either lunch or dinner. Breakfast is a huge buffet of a variety of cooked foods, cold meats/cheeses, cereal, breads, cakes, yoghurts, juices, teas and coffees. Breakfast is served 'till 10.30 at the restaurant or 11 in your room (for a small surcharge). Lunch could be taken at the the Terrace Restaurant overlooking the pool and sea and comprised of the usual fare of Club Sandwiches (lovely), Burgers, Pastas, Salads, fresh fish and grills. When we stayed (first week in October) the Pool snack bar was closed but drinks were served to you round the pool from the staff at the Terrace Restaurant.
The evening meal was first-class and comprised of items like lobster salad entrees, Gazpachio and cured ham followed by Chateaubriand, fresh locally caught fish and Steak with Foie Gras. The eveing restaurant has a no jeans and trainers policy however in the low-season I think this was relaxed a little. I think if we had been staying for 10 days or a fortnight the menu options would have been a bit repetitive however you can choose off the Half-Board selection for a small surcharge. The wines were spectacular, particularly the recommended Rioja at around 20 Euros.
There were a number of other restaurants and bars at the hotel that we didn't eat at but by all accounts the lavish Chinese/Japanese restaurant is outstanding.

The Torrequebrada has one of the only Casinos on the Costa-del-Sol. The Casino has many big-pay slot machines and a couple of Blackjack and Roulette tables and a bar. The Casino closes at 6am. The hotel also has a spectacular Flamenco/Musical show in a 300 seater theatre -I didn't see it (not my cup of tea) but again, by all accounts, it's well worth seeing if you have the time. Dont forget that all bars and restaurants in Spain are now non-smoking unless they have an outside terrace.

The pool area and outside grounds are quite, quite stunning. There are 2 conjoining circular pools set in a tropical landscape of flora, fountains and palm trees all over-looking the sea. When we stayed we were told that 390 people were staying at the hotel, but we never saw more than 15 people sunbathing at the pool or in the gardens. There are plenty of beach towels available (free), sun loungers with cushioning and wooden parasols to shade under. Even in the high-season I cant imagine that this beautiful area would get over busy. To the right of the pool area the Torrequebrada also has a small private beach also with loungers and parasols. The sand on the whole coast is a little rough and brown and the sea at the private beach is a little rocky - but it made a nice change from the pool some days. There is a well maintained tennis court in the gardens too. The temperature in October was great (high 20's low 30's C) and the sun shines over the pool all day till about 7 o'clock at night.

All the staff we had dealings with were polite, happy, professional and efficient - for example, when we checked-in to our room the wall safe was locked shut. The next time we went past the reception we told the Concierge about it and by the time we got out of the lift to our room and engineer was already opening the safe for us. They all spoke excellent English but really appreciated our attempts at Spanish and were keen to recommend things and be helpful.

With regard to the hotel's location you can walk into Benalmadena in about a lazy half -hour along the coast or beach or take a 10 minute bus ride to the vibrant Marina - lovely restaurants, boats, shops, bars and nightclubs. There are bus stops in both directions outside the hotel and the service is regular and cheap (2 Euros 5 each way). There is also a taxi-rank right outside the door and plenty of taxis were always available - it came to 30 Euros to Malaga airport including tip.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend the Hotel Torequebrada and would love to pop back again anytime. The hotel is definitely the best between Malaga and Marbella and the outside areas are just wonderful. The food and service were great and the facilities top-class. A real quiet oasis in the heart of a bustelling coastline. Really great.

Nowhere near as bad as its made out to be

by TripAdvisor Member PG

Have just come back from 3 nights at the Torrequebrada and I have to say that I was a little cautious after reading some of the reviews here, although I needn't have been. We requested a high floor room and were on 8th floor, had fantastic views across the coast. Rooms were cleaned daily and were comfortable.

I agree that at best this is probaby a 4* hotel however the cabaret and casino probably qualify this to be 5. Pool was clean and warm and there were plenty of sunbeds about.

We only stayed Bed and Breakfast however this was great, especially when we went down 10 mins before they stopped serving, there was still plenty of food available and we weren't rushed out. Also was impressed that champagne was provided for breakfast at no extra cost.

The walk into Benalmadena Marina took about 30-35 mins, however if you go along the front this is pleasent and there are plenty of bars and restuarants to stop at along the way. We took a taxi back at night and again this was resaonable at about 7 Euros from the main square.

In all, I had a fantastic break here and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Definately not 5*

by TripAdvisor Member SCE

We stayed at the Torrequebrada for 4 nights on with work on conference in Feb 07 when the whole of the hotel was booked out for our stay. In my opinion, think it should be awarded 4* at the very most.

The hotel lobby is very grand with marble and fountains but the rest of the property is in need of some TLC and updating. The room I was in was average. Comfortable beds but out of date decor (this sentiment was exhoed by my colleagues).

Food was average at best - we had breakfast and lunch at the hotel every day, with buffet dinner and gala meal on the first and last evenings. The food was bland and uninspiring - definately not 5* standards.

Conferencing facilities were large and very good with a large number of 'break out' rooms and lecture theatres. It's just a shame that the rest of the hotel doesn't live up to standards.

The service from the staff was not that good either - on the gala dinner evening a member of staff tripped and spilled an entire tray of champagne glasses over a male colleague of mine without helping to clear up, offering an apology or checking to see if he was OK! In another incident, a team member asked if there was a plug adaptor available for her to use but was told very brusquely that they didn't have any and she should have brought her own...! Hardly 5* service. Also be aware of extra charges that seemed to mysteriously appear mysteriously on nearly everyone's room service bills!

The location of the hotel is good and my room had superb sea views, however, the resort itself is tacky and more akin to Torremelinos than the more affluent neighbouring towns of Marbella and Puerto Banus further along the coast.

Enjoyable stay

We stayed on 11th floor, facing the Mediterranean, and were blessed with excellent weather. Breakfast on the balcony was delightful, and facility compared favorably to the other hotels we have used in Spain, for both business and pleasure (El Fuerte in Marbella, Melia Castilla and Tryp Fenix in Madrid, Sol in Gran Canaria, and Don Pancho in Benidorm). Restaurant was excellent, room service good, and casino ambient. The management and front desk personnel were efficient, but were I involved in management of this facility, would train to be a bit more outgoing and "warm" in their demeanor. We reside in southwestern Missouri and northeastern Oklahoma, U. S. A.

Not a five star hotel

Five ladies went to this hotel for a four night break and on arriving at the hotel we were impressed by the grandure of the reception area but were disappointed when we saw the less than grand hotel rooms.

We had requested low rooms as this hotel comprises of two 11 floor towers and I am not too keen on heights. We were allocated rooms on the 1st floor but when looking out over balcony you were still very high up.

The hotel rooms were quite small. Our room had an extra put me up bed for my neice and where the extra bed was, there was no room to walk down the side of the bed at all, so we had three beds in a row with no space. The bathroom was a good size but lacked any ventilation so following a shower/bath the whole room became steamed up. The airconditioning was also not working well so god help people who go in high season.

When we got dressed for dinner, the dining room was beautiful but the choices on the menu were very limited and I think we all only enjoyed maybe one meal out of four. The waiting on staff were all very pleasant and kind, shame about the food.

The hotel itself was a bit out of the way so to get anywhere like a bar etc., it was at least a 15 minute walk on a dangerous road. In view of this you would expect the hotel to provide entertainment but if doesnt. There is no disco, nothing for children and after your meal the only other thing to do was to go to the Piano Bar for a drink. The hotel hosts a show but for this pleasure you have to pay 35 euros each, including the children.

Breakfast was good, it was buffet style with a good choice.

Although the staff were wonderful at this hotel, I would not return and I certainly have been to better 3 or 4 star hotels so don't know how they managed to get their 5 stars!

Casino TorrequebradaCasino Torrequebrada

Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

by gslava96

We are going to make a reservation at "Hotel Torrequebrada" . Is this hotel located next to the clothing optional beach? Is it a long walk to CO beach.

Re: Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

by diageva

clothing optional means natural?

Hotel Torrequebrada is a very good hotel, and it is close to natural beach

Re: Re: Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

How close?
Thaks a lot

Re: Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

by diageva

I don't remember how close ... I have past today through Torrequebrada and try to find the beach ... but I looked in the wrong way ...

RE: RE: Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

by gslava96

We are going to make a reservation in this hotel for august. Is it a good time? Can you check how far the beach is. Can we walk or we have to drive to the clothing optional part?
Thanks a lot

RE: RE: Beach at Hotel Torrequebrada

by diageva

sorry I am not in spain right now ... I dont really know how near is the beach ... but I imagen it must be near ...
hope you will have a nice time there ...
August is full of people ....

Comments