La Posada del Torcal

Partido de Jeva, Villanueva de la Concepcion, Antequera, Andalusia, 29230, Spain

More about La Posada del Torcal

Lounge in the Villa La Posada del Torcal

by royalempress

The lounge area was a perfect place to relax with a drink after dinner. We enjoyed meeting the other guests here. It was a very comfortable room. Sorry about the quality of the picture as the room was very soft looking with deep tones. The picture is really lousy.

Best Villa in Europe

by royalempress about Villa La Posada del Torcal

Our room was very large and it was one of the few that had air conditioning. However it cooled down in the evenings so you really didn't need it.
The room was in a separate building in the back and was a little more money but well worth it. The rooms in the main villa were very nice and I overheard a couple talking how much they liked their room.

Bar at the Villa La Posada del Torcal

by royalempress

The bar was open all day and well into the evening. The young lady shown in the picture was very nice, in fact, everyone working there were terrific!!!!!

Best Villa in Spain

by royalempress about La Posada del Torcal

We stayed at the Villa for a week and loved every minute. It is very small, I think only around 9 rooms but first class. It is set in the country near the village of Villanueva de la Concepcion. We made day trips to the Southern Coast, Granada, Seville and Cordoba. Everyone who worked at the Villa were extremely friendly and competent. They even allowed us to use the hotel computer to check our emails. We stayed in a separate building in the back, it was next to the suite and had air. The room was almost as big as a large apartment. The room was decorated very nicely and everything was fresh and clean. We had a fireplace also. I could go on for ever about this villa...The Villa has been a highlight in our traveling experiences. It has received many awards, including Fodors and Condenast.
I have never seen this before, but all of Tripadvisors ratings on this villa (23) were perfect!!! the highest score possible. Swiming pool, Tappa Bar at the pool house, served drinks and lunch at the pool, outside and inside dining, lounge at the bath house, helicopter landing pad, huge sitting room and lounge area, tennis, horse back riding, hikes on the miles of trails, bike riding, sauna, gym, great food, first class food. Every morning the goat herds came through the area on the way to the grazing fields nearby. Listening to the bells that the goats wore was a kick. Many small towns close to explore. Check out Trip-advisor. Also a lake near by has breeding flamingos.

The majority of the guests that we met were from Great Britain and returned every year to the villa. Most of the people never left the Villa grounds but just enjoyed everything there. What a geat location for exploring southern Spain.
The morning that we were supposed to fly home from Malaga, the owner, on her own brought in an absolutely lovely breakfast for us in our room.
I asked that we have a fresh bowl of fruit in our room. Every day during our stay the bowel was kept full and was always fresh.

We really felt pampered staying there, and really had to push ourselves to leave everyday to sight see.

Villa La Posada del Torcal

by royalempress

The best Villa in Spain. 30 KM from Malaga and less than 1 1/2 hours from Granada.

For a better description check out the tips under hotels...

"Looking down to the pool"

The grounds surrounding the villa were very nice. With all that sun everything grows here. For more information on the villa check out the Hotel Page.

"Entrance to the villa"

The location was perfect if you want get out into the country, and yet, be fairly close to the freeway. The villa is surrounded by nut trees, olive trees, and pastures.

To pu matter back in the place it once had.To pu matter back in the place it once had.

Plaza de Toros.Plaza de Toros.

Martin in Parque Natural de los Montes, SpainMartin in Parque Natural de los Montes, Spain

Preparing the Octopus= GallegaPreparing the Octopus= Gallega

VILLA IN SPAIN

by Treborski

Hi,

I am planning my trip for June to London this year and i would like to book a villa in spain or Italy around July.

Can anyone help me out ? any good websites to check out?

cheers,

Re: VILLA IN SPAIN

by tanap

james villa's are good they sell villas but they also rent around spain especially in costa blanca

Re: Re: VILLA IN SPAIN

by royalempress

Check out my homepage for a villa in Spain under (Anadalucia). We stayed at the La Posada del Torcal and it was terrific. If you want to Southern Spain, stay there and you won't want to go anywhere else.

Re: Re: VILLA IN SPAIN

by royalempress

You can also check out Tripavisor for reviews on the La Posada del Torcal also.
Mike

self catering accomadation in rural andalucia

by tremone

Hi,
Had a week in early may in El puerto de santa maria near Cadiz and had a ball. As i rented a car we got out into the country and thought it was simply beautiful, especially around Arcos de la Frontera. Thinking of heading back there in October. I would like to stay in the region where i'd be close to the white villages and Ronda. There are 2 stipulations it must be self catering and have a pool(don't mind sharing).
If anyone can help give me a shout.

Rgds,
Noel

RE: self catering accomadation in rural andalucia

by royalempress

We have stayed at the Villa La Posada Del Torcal, a terrific place. Check out my travel page on Andalucia for details.

Mike

RE: RE: self catering accomadation in rural andalucia

by Miss_London

There are lots of "rural houses" in the area of the White Villages. These are old "cortijos" and country houses that have been refurbished, sometimes with EU grants as a way of preserving the countryside, to serve as holiday accommodation. You can see them here:

- www.toprural.com, 1000's of rural houses direct from owner (in Spanish)
- www.letsgorural.co.uk, agency (in English)
- www.casaspain.com, direct from owner (Spanish & English)

There are more agencies and websites, but I can't remember now.

Enjoy your holidays!

where to go?

by eblr50

We are looking as a family (22 and 2 50yr olds) to go to any location where there is something cultural to see, a good preferably family run hotel with good food and wine,a swimming pool, warm weather and reasonable peace! Does anyone have any ideas? All are welcome, many thanks.

RE: where to go?

by Roadquill

Check out VT royalempress and their tip about La Posada del Torcal.

RE: where to go?

Hi,
The Villa mentioned in the above post is located on my Andalucia Travel Page. It really was one of the nicest places that we have been, all for a very reasonable price.

RE: RE: where to go?

by otavilog

i am an american and I want to move to Spain. I have created www.way2spain to get information and I want people to talk about they're experiences about Spain. Please sign up and tell us about your experience. thanks "site Owner"

www.way2spain.com