Málaga Hotels

Our Members Say

• myriam_c profile photo myriam_c
  • Reviews: 777

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Lorena: Villa Lorena

Attractive villa with 7 rooms in the upmarket El Limonar neighbourhood. Very quiet location and yet only 10 min. by bike to the city centre and 5 min. to the beach of La Malagueta.

Small garden with pool, free bikes for every guest, excellent fresh breakfast in the garden or the breakfast room (depending from the season), very hospitable proprietors.

• Written June 22, 2014
Tip Photo

Front view of the villa, with terrace and pool

• amapola66 profile photo amapola66
  • Reviews: 411

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

3 * Hotel Los Naranjos: simple, clean and efficient, east side of town

We decided to grab a 2 night/3 day autumn break and stayed in this comparitively reasonably priced hotel on the edge of Malaga town. The staff were efficient and the place was spotlessly clean.

The room was clean, decorated in a traditional if rather old fashioned, masculine style. It had a good sized bathroom, plenty of hot water, a fridge and a nice little balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the street. The balcony is a suntrap, also nice in the cooler October months.
The room also had air con which would be handy in the summer. Also provided, a hairdrier and a few toiletries. There is underground parking if you have a car which is always good in a city like Malaga. There is also a lift and easy access with electronic door at front of hotel.

Reception were efficient and quick. Check-in/out were an easy affair, the lady receptionist was rather more helpful re any questions we had. There is free wi fi and pay as you go internet in the lobby. Not much in the way of facilities, but they own a restaurant over the road.with a reasonable menu del dia. The breakfast room was in the basement and rather small and dark, we didn't venture there.

One gripe - they offered a reasonably priced ironing and laundry service but this is not available at the weekends and they couldn't provide an iron so the motorcyclist went out on his birthday a little creased ;-).With the current weight restrictions and excess baggage costs on airlines, this was a bit of a nuisance.

The hotel says it offers room service, but when we requested that, it was unnavailable and their are no coffee and tea making options.

All in all, a simple, perfectly functional clean accommodation, but somewhat plain and lacking in charm.

There is a bus stop outside the door which takes you into the center in a few minutes and buses are very regular, we never had to wait longer than 5 mins. A cab is around 4 euros and a walk into town about 20- 25 mins. 2 mins to Malagueta beach.

I would recommend this hotel for a short break, if you dont want to splash out, but can't say I would return. The nearby Hotel California looked a rather more fun option and a little closer to town, but we had no real complaints bar the lack of iron and coffee/tea.

cleanliness, parking, efficiency. good for transport and visiting other areas.

the hotel are rather fond of their orange stripey towels (pictured in this tip in their display cabinet) and let you know in no uncertain terms that if you 'accidentally' take one home with you, you will be charged !

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Museum Visits
  • Written October 18, 2010
Tip Photo

los naranjas towels - displayed !

• barryg23 profile photo barryg23
  • Reviews: 2896

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Alameda

We stayed at Hotel Alameda in Malaga for one night at the end of our trip to Andalucia in September 2009. The hotel was good value by Malaga standards, costing 47 Euro for a double room with TV, ensuite bathroom and balcony.

This one star hotel is on the 8th floor of a residential building in the centre of the city. Despite being 8 floors up, the sound of the city never disappeared, but it was pretty easy sleep after an an afternoon in the sun and an evening of wine and tapas.

The hotel's location is great with the beach a 10 minute walk and the bars and restaurants of central Malaga even closer. Though not the most impressive place we stayed at in out trip to Andalucia, Alameda was good value and fine for a short stay. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for cheap, comfortable accommodation in the city centre.

• Written October 6, 2009

View of Malaga from our balcony in Hotel Alameda

• RAINBOWWINGS profile photo RAINBOWWINGS
  • Reviews: 201

The Middle of Somewhere: Self Catering Paradise

We all love stumbling across an authentic corner of the world or a little-known, special place to stay - somewhere that can offer a unique space to appreciate life, explore unspoilt nature and spend relaxed time with our families and friends.
Set at the foot of the historic hill-top town of Archidona, is a traditional andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) set in the grounds of a 300-acre working olive estate. Part of this rural spread has been renovated to provide an atmospheric self-contained venue with 8 en-suite twin bedrooms, a large refectory-style dining room, kitchen, huge, yet comfortable lounge, downstairs cloakroom, typical andalucian courtyard and swimming pool. There is a further 50ft room which looks out onto the inner courtyard and is ideal as a formal or informal on-site workshop space for professional groups.

Although the property has been renovated, the style of the decor is authentically rustic with many original structural features and farming implements used as decorative items. The furniture is eclectic and functional.
Roaming through the undulating 300 acres, you will encounter bubbling streams, an array of local wildlife and many shaded and secluded havens.
For more info see www.themiddleofsomewhere.com

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 23, 2009

Cortijo

• Senoritasmile profile photo Senoritasmile
  • Reviews: 127

Cerro Limon Cottage: Cottage in Picturesque Hamlet 30mins to Malaga

Set in the heart of Andalucia, yet just 30mins from Malaga city and easy to reach from both Malaga & Granada airports, this self-catering holiday home is a hidden gem. It has 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6) and has been tastefully renovated to provide comfortable home from home accommodation.

It's set in a small hamlet with easy access to the main A92 motorway yet it feels as if you are deep in the middle of andalucian countryside. Surrounded by rolling hills and close to the pretty village of Villanueva del Rosario, it provides lots of opportunities for exploratory walks as well as a chance to practice your classroom spanihs with the warm and friendly locals.

The setting is idyllic with fab views and a tranquility that we all need from time to time.

• Written October 30, 2007
Tip Photo

• e-katarina profile photo e-katarina
  • Reviews: 69

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Capri: Unpleasant welcome

We didn't actually stay. Arrived at this "hostal" in late after-noon, looking for place for the night. A woman opened the door when we rang and really acted as if we were intruders, she finally let us in and I got her to show us a room. Even though we thought it was expensive for what it was EUR 45.00, we decided to stay as it was our last night and we didn't want to spend too much time searching for accomodation. The lady hands me a piece of paper with fields to be filled in, and asks me to sign, as I wasn't sure what I had to fill in, I asked her. She litterally barked at me that I had to sign, and didn't I understand spanish. Now I speak a little spanish, but, no I didn't understand what she wanted as she seemed to be just grunting at me, probably annoyed we'd interupted her during her soap opera she was watching next door. So this is my opinion. If you have a guesthouse, and if you have guests coming from around the world, first of all you are polite with them, and secondly, if they don't understand you, you try and be a little understanding that they are doing their best, especially when they are making the effort to speak your language. When she verbally agressed me, I was in shock and just droped the pen I was holding on the counter, then, getting back my senses, I asked her why she was talking to me so nastely and what had I done.. seeing as there was no reason, she was not able to answer. We left immediately, prefering to spend our Euros in a more hospitable place, even if it was a hotel and it was more expensive.

• Written June 13, 2006

• rackyc profile photo rackyc
  • Reviews: 6

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

el roble: lovely villa in Alauharin el grande

30 mins from Malaga airport we stayed in a lovely villa in the mountains. It had 2 beds and a hot tub and a swimming pool. We had a lovely time seeing rural life in Andalucia.

pool and hot tub
and old cork trees

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip, Hiking and Walking
  • Written August 28, 2005

• shutterlust profile photo shutterlust
  • Reviews: 192

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriot Marbella Beach Resort: Can we say "luxury", family-style?

Perfect.

For a family of 5, this place is amazing. (for couples, even, this place is amazing!) We got a three-bedroom, three-bathroom penthouse that overlooked the ocean.

Fresh towels and sheets everyday, kitchen and living room fully furnished, DVD player, surround sound stereo system, televisions in each bedroom and large one in living room, staff was exceedingly helpful, overall, a pefect stay.

Too many pools to count (jacuzzis, spas, whirlpools, children's wadings pools), the ocean, beach (cleaned out daily), towels provided everywhere, showers located conveniently, heated pools in several different pool houses located everywhere.

Amazing views of the ocean. Can choose your room based on whether you want the sun in the morning or at sunset.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written April 3, 2005

Marriot Marbella Beach Resort

• diageva profile photo diageva
  • Reviews: 547

Hostal Capri: Hostal Capri

Only 5 room hotel in a beautiful residencial area full of beautiful houses and good restaurants, near the center 15 minutes walking or 5 by bus, that is in the door of the hostal ... very little old house ... I really don't know how are the rooms cause the hostal was full ... but it didn't look bad, not like those I saw at the centre of 40 euros.

price ... 50 euros double room

location is great ... in the best residencial area, near the center and the beach

• Written June 21, 2004

Hostal Capri

• Raquero profile photo Raquero
  • Reviews: 7
General Comments

Never having stayed in a hotel here I can only make suggestions for various areas.

El Palo and Pedregalejo. This is an area just east of Malaga, 15 mins by bus from the centre and popular with students learning Spansh. The beach are is lined with bars and fish restaurants, very lively in the evenings.

Malagueta. A more sedate beach area of Malaga and near Plaza de Toros, 10 mins walk from centre with loads of bars and restaurants. Tends to be more expensive. Hotel Las Vegas, Hotel California, Hotel Naranja and Hostel Capri are all in this area.

City centre, south of Alemeda Principal. This city centre area near the port. There are many hostels with direct access to the city centre across the road.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 15, 2004

Malagueta and Plaza de Toros

• Moustique profile photo Moustique
  • Reviews: 135

Hostel Madrid: Friendly Hostel

This was the friendliest hostel i have ever stayed at. There is even a George Bush that stayed there (who knows it could of been the pres himself.) It wasnt fancy or anything but the atmosphere was great and the price was even better!! there was three of us that stayed in a room together so that made the price even better.

• Written November 17, 2003

• Bwana_Brown profile photo Bwana_Brown
  • Reviews: 3530

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

I cannot remember: It Must Have Been Nice !

By the time I reached Malaga, I think that I was having 'trip burnout'. I had been away from my family for two years and had already spent a month on the road getting home. I don't remember doing much of anything in Malaga but I remember thinking that this particular spot was a little too urbanized for my liking. After that, it was 2-days in London then onward to Canada. The photo shows the view from my room with some of the amenities offered by the hotel. I would like to return to Spain and/or Portugal some time soon now that I am in a proper frame of mind to enjoy the place! I know that there is a lot to offer!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 8, 2003
Tip Photo

The Mediterranean Is Looking Good Now!

• JennEph profile photo JennEph
  • Reviews: 23

Patience!

If you´re looking for an apartment, I strongly suggest arriving in Málaga, shacking up in a hostel and checking out the posted signs ALL OVER the place...grab a number and check it out...MUCH easier and CHEAPER than going through an agency!

• Related to: Work Abroad, Study Abroad
  • Written March 2, 2003

• gabriellefox profile photo gabriellefox
  • Reviews: 843

Stay in one of the top hotels...

Stay in one of the top hotels in the Costa del Sol such as Byblos. The Costa del Sol is geared up for the tourist industry so whether you are looking for a secluded fica, luxury villa or campsite, they will have something to suit your needs and your budget.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written October 29, 2002

• gabriellefox profile photo gabriellefox
  • Reviews: 843

Long/Short Term Rentals and Sales in Calahonda: Spanish Homes Estate SL

If you are an independent traveller you may prefer to stay in one of the many holiday rental apartments in the area.
I had a first class apartment for around 1000 Euros per month as a long term winter let, which costs around 500 Euros per week in mid season.

My landlord, Shakeel speaks 3 or 4 languages fluently including English and Spanish, and he would be very happy to hear from you if you need long or short lets in the Costa del Sol.

I am very happy to recommend his service and apartments as well as his attention to detail.

Everything is provided for a wonderful self catering holiday. My accomodation had air conditioning, fully equipped modern kitchen, TV, Satallite and video. I also had 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, beautifully appointed and fitted kitchen, large lounge diner plus a utility room. There were 2 outdoor communial pools and gardens, security entry system and underground parking and a huge terrace with direct access from master bedroom and lounge.

• Written October 29, 2002