4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotel Molina Lario
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Fab, perfectly central city hotel

I booked the Hotel Molina Lario online with Hotel Bookers. I was staying 1 night on route from Granada with the motorcyclist and the teenagers. We had been renting a villa in Almunecar and fancied a bit of comfort in a central position so any of us could come and go as we pleased and we were not dissappointed.

It was easy to find the hotel on the sat nav. The motorcyclist hovered outside while I popped in to find out about parking and was told 'don't worry. bring your bags in and we'll do it for you' - Great. In reception, there was a lady complaining about parking costs, but really, it's positioned right bang in the middle of the city, it was Aug feria week and the hotel states quite clearly there is a parking fee (as most hotels in city centers these days), and we were happy to let them take care of the car and put it in a secure spot. (Later in Marbella, we had a smash and grab after parking on the street, so it's worth it).

The room wasn't ready as we were early and they took and labelled our luggage until 2pm. Once in, the room was delightful. Clean, modern, huge bed, full of nice toiletries, a free bottle of liquer of some description (fire water?!) and free soft drinks and water for the teenagers. We had booked a delux family room for four. The best thing about the room was the little tradional enclosed balcony which looked over the street, so you were practically in the feria without having to even leave your room.

Room service was fast, efficient and reasonably priced. A request for an iron and ironing board the same. The maid was charming and (our only complaint) brough extra fluffy bathrobes for the teenagers with a smile. As I say, we booked a delux family room for 4, but there were only supplies for 2 people, but all corrected right away. The bathroom was full of towels, hairdyyer and they even supplied an umbrella should you need it . The teenagers loved the hi fi.

Rooftop pool was small but perfectly adequate and there was a fab views of the harbour and cathedral. You could order drinks via telephone and at weekends there is a staffed bar with music events.

We didn't eat breakfast, but had a look and it all looked spotless and fresh. The staff were efficient, unassuming and helpful and I would highly recommend this hotel for a city break. No doubt we will return, the teenagers loved it.

Unique Quality: Location location. Efficient friendly staff. Cleanliness and comfort. Family rooms.

Directions: Right by the cathedral and the daytime feria events.

• Great Central Hotel, Good for Business

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is in town on business as the business facilities are excellent with great service. Top quality conference rooms.

Unique Quality: The main thing I liked about the hotel was the location. Very central and close to the port. I went for the deluxe room which had the all important minibar.

Directions: Malaga city centre, found the below site very useful before we travelled.

• MarcBrudane's Profile Photo

great central design hotel

I only stayed for one night - the last night of my vacation in Andalucia over Xmas and new years 2006 - 07 - so we opted for a bit of comfort. Found an offer onthe internet - less than 100 euro for a double room - think it was between 80 and 90 uero for one night .

Unique Quality: Being a tall person I was very happy to find a huge and long double bed with different pillows (not just the standard too high and impossible Spanish "sausage" in a very spacious room. The design was simple and modern with lots of white and beige. Huge bathroom as well. Perfect location just down the street from the Cathedral. Friendly staff in the reception

Directions: 50 mtrs from the Cathedral close to the harbour.

More about Molina Lario

Would definately recommend the Molina Lario

by TripAdvisor Member Starshine#1

Booked the Molina Lario as a "Top Secret" Hotel on [--] (although it's not so top secret if you cut and paste the hotel descriptions into google!)

Anyway - we were not disappointed - the hotel is fabulously located (right next to the Cathedral - BUT the sound proofing means you aren't disturbed by noise), it has a lovely pool - a bit small and 5 sun longers - so get up there soon, and the Malaga tour bus stops right outside.

The staff were friendly and efficient, and I would thoroughly recommend dinner in the hotel. It was _far_ superior to many 4* hotel dinners (bordering on the Michelin style - but at half the price). To be fair, it was also far superior to a lot of the food in Malaga - perhaps we didn't find the right places, but most things were over-cooked, over-salted, or just bland.

Shopping is convenient - the main shopping streets are 2 mins from the hotel, and there is a huge department store about 10 mins further down. Near the bus station is a mall with a cinema complex which is also worth a visit if you have a credit card handy. Actually - while on the subject - whenever we used our credit cards, the cashier asked to see id (driving licence/passport).

The sights too are easily accessible - as I said the tour bus stops right outside.

I wouldn't recommend longer than a couple of days though - unless you are literally going for a beach break - most things in Malaga can be exhausted within a weekend.

Loved the Lario

by TripAdvisor Member MVB/JK

Last month we had a very nice stay at the Molina Lario in Malaga:
great staff, twice a hip and comfortable room for a resonable price and situated in the heart of the enchanting city center. We enjoyed our stay very much. We will certainly return.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Betty65

We stayed at the Molina Lario for 1 nigth in May and loved it.
The location is central, the staff very helpful, the room & bathroom clean and spacious and the restaurant was really good. Highly reccomanded, would go back anytime.

Very nice, sleek modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member princesszoey

We stayed at the Molina Lario for 4 nights during Semana Santa in April, 2007. The hotel is modern and well located in the heart of town , near the harbor, Alameda, cathederal and the Marques de Lario pedestrian shopping street. The rooms were of good size, comfortable, with clean modern bathrooms. It rained during our stay, and we were pleased to learn that complementary umbrellas were set out for guests. We had no problems, and would recommend this hotel highly.

Great location in central Malaga

by TripAdvisor Member Poliwhirl

Well located in the centre of Malaga. Very modern, clean and nicely decorated hotel. I stayed in an upgraded room which was well equipped with TV, minibar, kettle, robes, slippers, safe, toiletries etc.) I didn't have a balcony and the view wasn't that great so apart from the size of the room which was slightly larger than the average hotel bedroom I didn't really think there was anything too special about it. Don't get me wrong, it was a very nice room but maybe I just expected a bit more. Room was all white - linen, walls, curtains sofa etc. with a brown wooden bedframe so it looked very minimalist but was comfortable and inviting all the same.

I took breakfast in the hotel which was not too bad at 14 euros but not the best I've had - its a buffet with no hot food. You have to ask for eggs, bacon etc. if you want that - I'm not sure if that is extra. I think the breakfast staff could have been more attentive. I, and othger guests, had to ask to be served a cup of coffee (our first one, not second or third!).

The hotel had a small rooftop pool and terrace with about six or seven sun loungers so I guess you would be lucky to get one on a nice sunny day.

Overall a pretty good stay and good value for the price paid.

Excellent centraly placed hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TJCardiff

We travel a lot and try to stay in good hotels and use tripadvisor as a guide. This hotel is not rated no 1 for nothing everything about it was great.

Great Location
Friendly staff
Reasonable Price
Good food
Nice clean pool and great view

we will be going back again and again if it maintains these standards

Calle Molina Lario, MalagaCalle Molina Lario, Malaga

drop off

by pepsi2

We will be in belamadina next week and plan to have a day in Malaga where shall we ask the taxi driver to drop us off near to some nice restaurants or in the thick of it

by ghosthunter

Personally Paul i would take the train. It's fast, cheap & drops you off in the city centre.

by rwg_es

Best thing and easiest to do is go to Fuengirola train station, this will get you to center of Malaga city( costs about 3/4 Euros) .......no need to wory about parking.

by puerto_lover

Go to Calle Molina Lario and walk up. At the top on Plaza del Carbon is a nice Spanishy restaurant called Restaurante Mariano or maybe stop and look at the Hotel Molina Lario at 22 for its restaurant. Plenty more.
Look at:

by puerto_lover

Just read the previous posts. As regards the railway, the station in Malaga where the train terminates is called Estacion Malaga Maria Zambrano and is the main station for all trains in and out of Malaga.
Fuengirola is west of Benalmadena and would not be the best station to use unless staying in Fuengirola. A PLANO of the route and other information (in Spanish) is on this: http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html

by pepsi2

Thanks for the help as i am in Benalmadena pueblo area i will use the station not to far from there thanks again

Comments