Room Mate Larios Malaga

Marques de Larios 2, (previously Hotel Larios Malaga), Malaga, Costa del Sol, 29005, Spain

Room Mate Larios
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Cheap, Basic Hostal in Great Shopping Location

Hostel is very simple but you get what you pay for. This is very cheap in a great central location which would be ideal for anyone wanting to visit Malaga to go shopping as it is situated right on the high street. Larios is also great if you are looking for a cheap hostal in Malaga but don't want to spend all your time shopping as the transportation system here is pretty good. We used public transport for 1 week and booked car hire for the 2nd week. I definitely recommend booking car hire if you are staying here as you are then free to escape the bustle of the city within minutes. the Costa del Sol is great fun to explore and drive around with the beaches being the main attraction. You can find great advice on finding cheap car hire and how to make the most of it on teh web site below.

Unique Quality: Great location for shopping.

• Nessi-3's Profile Photo

A bed in the very center of Málaga

A good priced, clean hostal in the very busy main street of the old town of Málaga. Rooms are maintained at a normal but very clean level and the interior is simple but nice. All rooms have Aircondition/heating. Only four of the eleven rooms are en-suite. Especially the much noisier rooms facing Calle Marqués de Larios are en-suite.

I did the reservation over the Internet and asked for a single room en-suite. The only one existing is very tiny and does not have a window to the outside but only to a small inside-facing little "court". The room would be perfect in the hot summer's time because of the missing outside window, but it's a little depressing to stay in. Some rooms face the quieter backside of the building, all not en-suite.

The Hostal is on the 3rd floor of an otherwise office-building. The main door is closed at 8pm and on week-ends, so you always have to ring if you want to get in. In addition, the door to the Hostal is locked as well, so the receptionist has to unlock the door every single time you want to get in. Some of the receptionists must find this very tiresome and show it...

Ecology is not on the agenda of this hostal. Although I told all the cleaning women in Spanish only to change the towels which are on the floor and not those hanging, they changed all the towels daily even the unused ones.

Unique Quality: The perfect place to stay, if you want to be right on the doorstep of the main shopping street with a lot of small streets going off without spending much. It leaves you with a bigger budget for shopping ;-))

All the bus stations just around the corner.

Directions: Centro de la Ciudad

• swansway's Profile Photo

In the center of everything

My wife & I found the Hotel Larios perfect for our two night visit to Malaga. Our room was clean & comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, although we didn't have any real need of them. We did not breakfast at the hotel...there are so many cafes a few steps away, no need for hotel prices. We highly recommend the Hotel Larios.

Directions: Right on the main pedestrian boulevard

• expencive hotel in malaga central

Hi

I stayed in this hotel in the spanish summer of september!

First of all if you have a hired car then forget about staying here...they have no private parking.....in order to park they need you to park vechile in front of hotel when i memeber of staff will take your car to a public car park for you and you also have to pay for this service!
    U have to call reception for them to pick car up for you which can take from 15-30 mins..they charge u for this too also!

Apart from that its a posh hotel, quite chic and cultural with a fairly good attitude!

Some of the staff are great some are ***!

I doubt i will stay there again but not terrible!

Unique Quality: no pool...view of next building only in our room!

crap ac..nnice bathroom!

More about Room Mate Larios Malaga

Very good location, professional service

Hotel Larios is clean, comfortable and in a very good location. I agree with a previous reviewer that the staff are not particularly friendly but I did find them to be professional. Our room (4th flloor) was quite adequate for our needs. The roof top bar is expensive but it offers geat views of the city and has a real buzz late at night.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member deeva72

We booked this hotel based on the recommendations on Tripadvisor and we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Larios. It is in a really good location in the heart of the city. We had a balcony overlook the busy city center.

We arrived by cab from the train station and the only problem is that it was a bit difficult to find the hotel as we had to walk up the long stretch of the street. However, once found, we were glad we chose this hotel due to the location and the size of the room as it was large with a good balcony. The only minor criticism we have is that we found that the soundproofing could have been better in this hotel. We stayed on the second floor and not sure what was above us but we heard alot of chairs being moved at night.

For us, we didn't have any problems with the staff and found them generally to be very friendly and helpful.

Malaga reminded us kind of Honolulu where it is tropical but you're also in a city. We checked out the beach but didn't stay for too long as we found it too crowded for our liking. However, we enjoyed our walks around the city and just generally exploring.

If we came back to Malaga again, we wouldn't have any reservations at staying at this hotel again.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Mimiii

We had a great stay at the Hotel Larios in Malaga. Our room was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and we had a little balcony that looked out on the gorgeous pedestrian mall below. We did not find it to be noisy at any time.

Our taxi brought us right up to the street corner, so we only had to walk a few yards to the door. The entrance however, is almost hard to notice. We found our room to be spacious and comfortable, the staff to be very accommodating, and the location to be perfect for exploring the old quarter, the museums, etc.

Of course, we didn't try to use the minibar ( we always try to bring in our own drinks because the minibars are so costly), and our air conditioning worked perfectly!

We'd stay here again if we returned to Malaga.

good location but terrible service

by TripAdvisor Member manug-a

We booked this hotel having looked at the different reviews on this site mostly positive. I booked 2 rooms (one for my parents 4 nights and one for my husband and baby 2 nights). My parents room had a note in the minibar area saying that it was broken and that they were sorry about it. Being Summer, it is hot and you want to drink when you are thirsty so my mum asked to have a minibar and was told that their were no rooms available as the hotel was full. She complained twice more but nothing was ever done. As for our room, it had a minibar but no aircon. Once again, considering the heat of the Summer, it was a nightmare. When we complained again on check out, the receptionist was extremely rude and told us that we should have said something about it (obviously we had already complained 3 times at least). He refused to adjust his price and was again very rude telling me that I shouldn't have booked with someone on the internet. I had booked both rooms on the hotel website itself. If you want to be treated like a paying customer, then you might want to go to a different hotel as this one needs some updating and the staff need a good management talk. Location though was very good, shame about who runs it!

OK hotel - great location

by TripAdvisor Member Gastronauta

The Larios is very centrally located but this is not a 4 star hotel. Rooms are OK only although clean and the breakfast is a joke (aim for any bar for a much better choice). The terrace is pretty and a nice place to chill but we would not stay here again. To be honest, we were really unimpressed by Malaga: dirty, smelly and poor shopping. We were happy to leave.

Noisy noisy noisy.

by TripAdvisor Member derek Derbyshire

The hotel is ideally sited in the centre of the pedestrianisation and is well suited for touring the area by public transport.
Having stayed on a saturday night was disappointed to be kept awake until 2.15 am by the hotel bar having a disc jockey, loud and continuous!! Not the type of thing one would expect when staying in a suite at a four star hotel.
The breakfast bar was a poor selection of dishes not becoming of a hotel claiming a level of distinction.
Oh! one good thing it was just 100 yards from a very good restaraunt El chinitas in Calle Moreno Monroy a must for a fine spanish meal in traditional spanish environment.
Not a hotel I would return to.

Hotel ZENIT in Malaga ? Hotel recommandation in Sevilla ?

by Nathy-Paris

Hi all

First of all, a special thought for all the people impacted by the explosions in Madrid... :-((( This is a terrible news... My heart is with you.

I’ll be flying to Malaga with my boyfriend from april 3rd to the 11th. I followed the tips found on some pages and we booked 5 nights with Bancotel. But it seems we can change our mind it until April 2nd.
We'll spend 2 days in Sevilla, and we will visit Ronda and Grenada from Malaga.

In Malaga we actually booked the ZENIT MALAGA 3*, which is supposed to be located at "Olletas Fountain, in the east of Malaga, 200 m. away from tha Victoria Sanctuary.".

--> Is that a good area to stay in the city, for people who want to visit, go out at night, be able to take buses and train ?
Or should we better stay along the coast in a 4* for the same price and move daily to Malaga ?

We also booked one night in Fuengirola : is it a nice and charming city ? If not, what village next to Malaga should we choose ?

Last question : can you recommand us a good hotel inside Sevilla for less than 50 euros for 2 ?

Thank you very much to those who will find time to answer...

Nathy.

Re: Hotel ZENIT in Malaga ? Hotel recommandation in Sevilla ?

by made_ofstone

in Seville you can get hostels which are great and just as good as some hotels, there are plenty of them and they are very cheap and well maintained. As for Malaga that area you are staying in is ok, it is very easy to travel around Malaga, one place you should visit is a bar called El Pimpi which is a big wine bodega, try the sweet Malaga wine, its great. Malaga is a great place because there are so many places in that region to see, like Rhonda, Marbella, Granada etc you will have a great time...enjoy:)

Re: Hotel ZENIT in Malaga ? Hotel recommandation in Sevilla ?

by aventurera

Hotel Zenit is not located in the real city centre but the neighbourhood is OK.
For Seville look on the page www.rumbo.es or www.atrapalo.com
I once stayed in Hostal Dali. Very nice and good prices. I you want to go out in a hip bar try Flor de Liz on the Plaza Merced where Picasso native family home is. Fuengirola is ok but very touristic. I prefer Nerja(50 km away from Malaga) also touristic but more authentic. Have a nice holiday. Isabelle

Re: Re: Hotel ZENIT in Malaga ? Hotel recommandation in Sevilla ?

by Carmela71

Some friends stayed in Zenit with bancotel and said it was nice, about 15 minutes walking center, if I had not forgotten.

With rumbo I got a nice room in Casa de los mercaderes in sevilla for 50 euros, if you can understnad basic spanish, they have good prices there.

Atrapalo will offer you bancotel hotels only, but they ahve a english version 25 discount I think

Carmen

What other hotels you can get in Malaga with bancotel? maybe we can sugest another more centrical.

Comments