Silken Puerta Malaga

hevbell's Profile Photo

Puerta Malaga

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were helpful, room was great and the buffet breakfast was fantastic. It was £4 or £5 extra but worth every penny. So much choice and since we basically didn't need to eat lunch for 3 days it was a bargain!

Unique Quality: This was handy for us as our flight got into Malaga airport fairly late on. We just got the train from the airport & just had to walk round the corner to our hotel, rather than try to figure out buses while lugging suitcases.
There is also an El Corte Inglese branch right next to the hotel which worked out great for picking up bottled water etc & plenty of shops and eating options in the shopping mall adjoining the station

Directions: Just across from the Maria Zambrano RENFE train station and shopping mall - take the side exit from the train station turn right and its down the road on the other side. From the centre of town take buses 1,3,10 or 16

discoem's Profile Photo

Best 4 star value near the airport

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2006

I was looking for a highly rated hotel close to the Malaga airport. I searched many booking web sites to find the best place for the best deal. I found the best price for this particular hotel at Hotelbook.com. I booked the same day, only hours before I arrived. I was not yet in the hotel's computer system, but they simply entered and honored my reservation. The room was crisp, clean and modern. The bathroom sink was made of a beautiful green glass. It was clean and perfect.

I was looking forward to the "gym" at this hotel since I had neglected any exercise routine for about three weeks. The gym was a few pieces of exercise equipment. The treadmill was out of service. I was a bit disappointed, but it was also a decent excuse to further my lazy routines while in Spain.

My rate before tax was 68.50 EUR. I stayed there for two nights, totaling 146.59 EUR.

The night before my flight, I walked around outside for awhile, but did not find any place I felt like eating. I ate in the restaurant. I'm a vegetarian and have a difficult time finding suitable food in Spain to begin with. The restaurant did not have any vegetarian dishes, however they did accommodate me and I had the perfect, light and healthy dinner that I was looking for. I was also happy that they charged me for the "menu de dia" instead of prices similar to their other entrees. The service was quick and impeccable.

The staff were professional and courteous. I’m not sure if it is a cultural thing, but often I perceive a “***y edge” from many people in Spain’s service industry. At the Silken Puerto Malaga, they were genuinely nice. My wake up call was delivered right on time. The parking garage was very convenient to get to as it was attached directly to the main elevator. My stay was a great value.

Directions: Near Malaga's Port

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Málaga Travel Forum

Need advice about Málaga, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Málaga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Málaga hotel reviews

Puerta de las Columnas
Puerta de la Bóveda
Alcazaba de Málaga
Things to Do
Traditional Spanish in the old city
Teatro Romano