Avenida Del Sol, No. 5, , Málaga, Andalucía 2963

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• benalmadena costa accomodation

There is a bus service from Malaga Airport to the resort which cost 3.50 euro.

There is a Burger King outlet and a well stocked supermarket across the road which is convenient as the unit in the resort has a full kitchen. The resort also has a grocery store within the premises.

There were organised games and programmes for adults and children which were well attended by the guests. In the evening there was also good music at the cafe. The atmosphere was vibrant.

From the resort, there were buses which you could take to Marbella, Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Malaga. There were also plenty of restaurants around. A great place to visit is the Marina which is within walking distance although it would be better to take a bus.

The resort was well maintained. Generally we were pleased with our stay

Unique Quality: There were great seaviews from the resort where we could watch sunrise and sunset. The resort was just next to the beach.

More about Sunset Beach Club

Enjoyed the Sunset Beach Club

I raelly enjoyed my stay in tth Sunset Beach Club.The staff were helpful and were plentyful.The area for the children was great while the pools seemed quite clean.The hotel itself was quite big and we found we were lucky to be situated on floor, away from the bars!

Things that go bump in the night

by TripAdvisor Member Annedoublem

This was our second and I have to say our last stay at this hotel. Since last year the standards seem to have dropped markedly. Upon arrival I reminded the receptionist that we had requested if possible a top floor apartment. This was not possible and I was told I was lucky to have an exterior view as the hotel was full. I reminded the receptionist that I was not lucky at all as I had paid for the exterior view!

We were given a room on the 5th floor which at first seemed ok. We found out that this room and I am sure some others are directly underneath the bar and overlooking the terrace restaurant. This meant that we were awake until the bar had been cleared of customers, usually around 3am. The noise of the heavy lounge furniture being dragged around by people gathering in the bar was a nightmare to say the least. Unfortunately this was all repeated when the cleaners came in around 7.30am. The cleaners at the Sunset can only be praised I have to say. We requested that we were moved but were told we would have to wait at least 3 nights before anything could be done.

On the 4th day we were moved to the 8th floor which was fine. The cleanliness of the pool and surrounding area was to say the least disappointing. The loungers were dirty and there was no evidence of the area being hosed down. The restaurant looked lovely but alas appearances can be deceptive. The food was overpriced and not a bit pleasant. We tried it twice and each time we were more than disappointed. The bar is very expensive in comparison to last year. One evening while staying there a security guard was told that somebody had defacted in an ashtray in one of the corridors on the first floor-his response was that the cleaners didn't come in until the morning! I have to say that the Sunset Beach Club now seems intent on squeezing every last cent out of its customers without investing very much in improving services. Our stay this year was disappointing in comparison to last year unfortunately.

Good Family Hotel

Good family Hotel/apartments - Clean with v helpful staff. Plenty for kids to do. Lots of beds at pool & good to see towels were removed from beds if they were put out too early so to allow the midday' risers' a chance to get a place by the pool. Had a sea view apartment which was very bright & clean if a little small. Only drawbacks
are its situated a little too far out from Benalmadena & only 3 lifts for the main part of the buildingwhich meant sometimes you had a bit of a wait considering there are 14 floors in this section. Luckily our apartment was in a lower block - 3rd floor(attacthed to the main one) & was accesssed from 2 other lifts which were not as busy. If you have kids look for an apartment on the 2/3 rd floors as reception/ bars etc are on 6th floors & pool / shop / restaurant are on floor 1 - so your in the middle!!

Not for couples

by TripAdvisor Member CHALMERS

Stayed here 1/8th July on an RCI exchange. Purpose of holiday to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. Having been to Barbados in March we wanted a short flight. Read all the reviews before going so no real surprises when we arrived.
The hotel is a 3* so if you are looking for daily maid service, toiletries. padded sunloungers, cold towels, drinks ,fruit by the pool, you won't get it -choose a 5* instead.
The hotel is large, marble floors throughout, cool & spotlessly clean. No atmosphere but adequate. Pool area is large & there are many loungers BUT BEWARE! Hotel does not enforce it's own rule of not reserving sunbeds. We had difficulty finding 2 at 9.30am -a case of " when in Rome".
There is loud music blasting during the water arobic sessions eg. I am an (---) etc etc, not to our liking, and children play ball in the adult pools ignoring their own. This is definitely a family orientated hotel ,even so the place was overrun with children, many noisy & badly behaved.
We did not eat in the hotel nor did we see many people doing so. International breakfast is 30 euros pp & a sirloin around 18 euros, much cheaper in town.
The supermarket on the 1st floor was larger than I expected & very well stocked. We did see people carrying heavy bags in from those outside but we used the on site shop - prices were reasonable & who wants to carry shopping in temps of 35 plus!
The bars & cafes a leisurely 15 minute stroll away have extensive menus ,all british! Food & drink much the same price as at home. 1 beer 1 vodka & coke averaged between 6 & 9 euros but if you want "happy hour" we only found 1 place - Cafe Bar Havana, just past the official tobacconist, 2 drinks for 1 between 4 & 7pm. Our eturn flight was delayed fron 10.35 till 17.20 so a long wait at the airport. We at on the roof terrace & I was badly bitten by mosquito- in daylight! Avoid if you have serious reaction as I have.
Will definitely not go here again but mainly because we have grown up family so do not need this type of hotel.

Loved It!

My friend Lindsay and I recently stayed at Sunset Beach for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although we are only 17 and therefore do not have a great deal of experience in terms of hotels and accomodation, we felt that the hotel fulfilled our every needs and has fantastic facilities for everyone. Not only is the hotel itself beautiful, the location is great in terms of activities and shops and the views onto the beach are superb. In addition, the rooms in the hotels were fairly small, neverltheless they were nicely furnished and we liked living there during our stay. We loved Benal Madena because there are some lovely beaches, restaurants and bars for casual nights out and the area also has an exciting night life for young people. Moreover, the blend of relaxing pool and beach life with exhilarating club nights really made our stay perfect. The hotel on the whole is brilliant: well run, wonderfully located and also attracts an array of people of all ages. We definately reccomend it to families and young people who want a good time!

Great Hotel for Children

Stayed here in July with 2 children. I had read previous reviews and was reluctant to use the children's club. However I was very impressed with the club. The children were very well looked after and it was free! The apartments were small but adequate for 2 adults and two small children. The apartments were very clean and had bins emptied every day and towels and linent changed every two/three days. I must admit that we found it hard to get a sunbed after 10am as we saw people reserving sunbeds at 8am. There were notes up saying that towels down before 10am would be removed - but they were not. This is certainly a family apartment with great entertainment for familiies. There were no young groups of males or females in a drunken state. The only complaint we had was that the apartment above us awoke very early (7.30am) and moved their furntiure about the room and this could be heard on the marble floors. However, a very enjoyable holiday with great entertainment for the children.

overcrowded and impersonal

by TripAdvisor Member angelina61

we had read recent reviews on trip advisor, which were a mixed bag, so we decided to form our own opinions. On arrival we were dealt with courteously and promptly, our room was small but clean and quite satisfactory, providing it was kept tidy, which was difficult with three boys and myself. The supermarket was large, well equipped and reasonably priced, but despite my best efforts at being friendly, the staff were plain ignorant and unhelpful. We therefore got our goods from 'super sol' across and up the road a little, which was far superior!
The maid service was faultless, never before have we had such a lovely, friendly lady cleaning our room!
The pool area was far too conjested, yet there was still a shortage of loungers, there was loud music, whistles and shouting from the entertainments team, organising games and activities, children running all over, screeching with excitement, which was fine, but not really condusive to relaxation, and there was nowhere quiet to go if thats what you wanted from your holiday. There was only three lifts for the hotel, which meant huge queues and lots of frustration. a huge design error in my opinion.
One evening we had a powercut which lasted around 6 hours, fair enough these things happen, i have a handicapped son who was becoming agitated at being in pitch darkness, i rang down to reception to ask if they could give some idea how long it was likely to last, she was very unhelpful, downright rude actually, i asked for a lamp, candles etc,, to which she completely dismissed me, and i hung up in disgust, and spent the rest of the evening in the corridor which had emergency lighting with my two chidren, not a happy night!! Our stay was on the whole enjoyable but we will not be returning to sunset beach, which was far too impersonal and overcrowded!!

GreatPlace

by TripAdvisor Member frizza1

We have just returned from the Sunset Beach Hotel and had a great time. Good location with lots of activities going on during the day. Great for the Children. Rooms fairly small but catered for everything that we needed. Good supermarket on site.

Spain!

by TripAdvisor Member Luxury4Me

We just returned from the Costa del Sol, stayed at Sunset Beach Hotel via a timeshare. Had a nice, clean 2 bedroom apartment style unit, with a living room, 2 balconies, 2 full baths (showers a bit small, however), and nice kitchen. The hotel had a number of amenities, including an onsite grocery store, beach, pool, restaurant, bar, free entertainment, gym, spa. Worhwhile was the Flamenco show (Pasion) which had an admission fee...Some of the free stage shows were just okay in my opinion; however, the free evening entertainment in the terrace restaurant was a nice touch. We had an ocean view from both balconies. The restaurants were fine but the entire area's restaurants tended to have the same menu.
Downsides of Sunset Beach were: (1) The beds...twin beds that were a bit low and somewhat flat...don't expect beds like in U.S. hotels, (2) Soap...tiny little bars so take your own, (3) Cleaning only twice a week but you can ask for fresh towels daily, (4) parking...very tough to get a free space outside since the hotel is located on a public beach. However, they do offer pay parking in their private garage, (5) Very crowded beach when we were there, (6) lots of kids, even though it was the first week of September...family-friendly atmosphere is not a bad thing depending on what you're looking for.
Upsides of Sunset Beach:
(1) the weather...glorious each day, (2) we had an excellent apartment aside from the beds, (3) onsite Internet access with 5 desktop stations available on the lobby floor at a cost of 1 euro/10 minutes; free WiFi in the lobby bar area if you bring your own laptop, (4) good dinners in the terrace restaurant, (5) walking distance to more restaurants/bars, shops, and supermarket, (6) easy access to tours, with bus pickup across the street from the hotel, (7) casino in walking distance.

While not the most luxurious hotel I've stayed in, it's large with lots of amenities and I wouldn't hestitate to stay there again.

Noisey complex

by TripAdvisor Member david17

If you want a quiet complex at night do not go here. The complex staff will not take action against noisey guests. We had a bad 3 days of noise sometimes going on untill 4am and when we complained the reception said would not call the police to deal with the roudy group of males who were kicking doors and shouting on the corridoor. The complex staff said we would have to make a complaint to the police not them. I would never go to this complex again.

Las cruces - the crosses.Las cruces - the crosses.

Plaza de Toros.Plaza de Toros.

Parque Natural de los Montes, SpainParque Natural de los Montes, Spain

Preparing the Octopus- GallegaPreparing the Octopus- Gallega

Hostess Gift

by djinnevada

I will be traveling to Spain with a tour group. One of the lunches later in the tour will be a lunch with a family in their home. I would like to bring a hostess gift, but don't know what would be appropriate. (Luggage space is limited, and I cringe at the thought of trying to keep a bottle of wine in one piece through the trip.) Any thoughts?
DJ

by leics

Something typically American, I should think. Not wine.

Hand-made chocolates? A couple of jars of locally-produced preserves (jams, pickles)? Is there anything very specific to your area (not necessarily food)?

by kathymof

Are you traveling with Grand Circle Travel or Overseas Adventure Travel? I ask because they include this type of visit in their tours. If yes, the hostess gifts we take are usually quite simple. US chocolates like Dove or Ghiradelli go over well as do refrigerator magnets of your home town or state, maybe a small picture book of your area like Lake Tahoe (since you are from Reno), a tea towel that has something about your area on it. I always take a few pics of the family and pets to pass around. Trader Joes has small tins of "Traveler's Chocolate" and it is really good chocolate. Maybe a deck of cards from one of the casinos. That type of thing works fine. Also a small bottle of olive oil from California - even though olive oil is produced in Spain people love to compare their olive oil to that from other parts of the world. If you take olive oil, double or triple wrap it in case it breaks.

by MarinaSpain

I wouldn´t go for the Olive Oil, I´m Spanish from the South and we are very proud of our Olive Oil, and think it´s the best, no matter what.........
I would bring something from where you come from, something typical.

by Carmelle

Follow the advice of previous poster.....Don't bring the Olives....or worse would be almonds (the Spaniards were offered a small amount of money some years ago, to cut down their almond trees by the EU to make room for Californian Almonds to flood Europe...so might be a bit of a mistake to bring these)....bring something artesanal from your town.

Carmelle

by kathymof

I really don't think the olive oil is a mistake as people love comparing what is from home to what is made elsewhere. I took US chocolate to Belgium and my landlords face lit up when he said he would have a taste comparison.

I took two bottles of California wine to a one day painting class I was taking in Provence and the teacher and staff were very eager to try it (maybe because of the lack of quality in our painting ability). She opened the wine for our lunch and they drained the bottles dry while having a great time trying to "place" the wines into a French region. They concluded that they could not place them into a region but that they were as good as any French wine they had ever had. I really doubt they would have said the last thing if I had offended them. I think the key is to take something that is high quality.

The wine was actually from the University where I teach. The students have a commercial winery - the wines I took were well known for their quality.

Comments