Apartamentos Princesa Playa

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Avenida Duque de Ahumada S/N, Paseo Maritimo, Marbella, Costa del Sol, 29660, Spain

Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Rated 15% higher but also costs 44% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• poons's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced seafront hotel

Very reasonably priced for sea front of Marbella.

The rooms are good, basic but very clean.
    Bathrooms and shower are very good.
    Also a basically equipped kitchenette (2 hob elec. cooker, kettle, sink - a few crocks/cooking implements etc.) - which I didn't expect, so this was a bonus.

We were kind of at the side of the hotel, but the way it is designed most rooms still get a really good sea view.

Unique Quality: Pool and sunbathing area on the roof.

• balfor's Profile Photo

Good hotel, great location

The Princesa was a very good hotel at a very reasonable price. :-) It had a good kitchenette, sofa, TV and a nice balcony that looked over the ocean. I must apologize..... I thought I had taken several pictures of the room/lobby/etc. However I do have one from the inside (complete with an attractive model! *grin*) and several from the balcony.

The only real negatives that I had with the place were the tiny elevators and they say thatthey have laundry facilities. They have one washer and one dryer. They are expensive (3 euros a load) and the dryer didn't have the clothes dry after 2 hours of trying to dry them.

Unique Quality: There is a rooftop pool and dining area that has a fantastic view of the Med!

Directions: At the end of the boardwalk area, overlooking the beach.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Nice apartment hotel on the beach

Almost all of the VTers that I've previously met were staying at the Princesa Playa for the big Euromeet 2006 meeting so my "husband" and I decided to stay here and it was a good choice. Carmen (Carmela71) was kind enough to assist all of us in booking rooms here for 50E per night. I'm not sure if that's the regular rate or if it was a special rate for our group but it was a very good price.

I loved the location right on the beach and the boardwalk, which I spent a lot of time strolling looking for food or ice cream or trying to locate VTers, seemed I ran into one or two or three every time I went out :-)

The rooms were comfortable, Kat and I shared a twin room with two beds which is pretty standard in Europe plus a couch where I suppose someone could sleep in a pinch. Rooms are air conditioned and there's a TV, neither of which we used, and an in room safe which didn't seem to work, I think you had to pay extra for it.

The bathroom was fine, plenty of hot water in the shower and clean. Hairdryer in bathroom, minimal toiletries.

Unique Quality: I believe all of the rooms have some sort of ocean view, we had to walk out onto the balcony and peer around the corner to see ours but other rooms had full ocean views from their rooms.

Since this is an apartment type hotel, we had a cooktop, small refrigerator, kitchen table, full stock of glasses, plates and utensils, perfect if you want to save a little money while on vacation by cooking some of your own meals. Breakfast is NOT included in the rate but there is room service and a restaurant should you not want to go out.

On the roof, there's is a pool with lots of lounge chairs and a great view of the ocean and the mountains.

Internet access in the lobby but only one terminal, 1E for 30 minutes but you can go for as little as a few minutes. Same price as the local internet cafes which would probably been a better option seeing as so many people used it. And they weren't even VTers!!!!

There are also laundry facilities on site but the one VTer that used them said the dryers didn't work very well.

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Good choice

One of the recommendations made by Carmen and Stace. This was ideally situated at the quieter end of the beach. Reasonably priced and with excellent facilities in the rooms. Cooker, fridge, table and chairs should you really want to cater for yourselves. There is a roof top pool with lots of sun loungers and a bar, which unfortunately closes at 4pm.

Unique Quality: Well situated. Clean and excellent value for money.

Directions: On the beach!

• keida84's Profile Photo

The "Inn" place for Marbella VT'ers

We stayed at the Aparthotel Princessa Playa Hotel for the recent VT Marbella Meeting (May 2006). The hotel is located across the street ocean front. The front desk staff was a tad rude when I checked in and the maid service a bit lax during our stay, but other than that, the service and the accomodations were excellent. I would recomend this hotel as we had a very nice room for an affordable rate.

This hotel is located in a restricted traffic zone which was very nice for noise abatement, you could actually hear the ocean at night. It is very close to the marina and the fishing port and shopping, oh they have very nice shopping area, is about a 5 minute walk away.

Unique Quality: The hotel room boasted a small kitchenette with a refrigerator so we were able to store things as needed. At night all we needed to do was to open our patio slider for some fresh air which cooled the room nicely. Great vistas from the roof top of Marbella. The room also had an electronic safe deposit box, central air and heat and color satellite television. Single and double beds were available on request.

One thing that was awesome is the roof top swimming pool. It is advertised on floor number 8, but there is no floor number 8. One needs to go to floor number seven and go up the small stairway and it goes to the restaurant and the roof top pool. The restauarant offered both restaurant and in room dining but we did not use either.

The hotel had one internet station only which, you can imagine, was popular with the VT'ers staying at this hotel. A reasonable useage fee applied 2 euro for 58 minutes and 1 euro for 23 minutes.

All in all this was a lovely property and I enjoyed the time I spent here.

• hanoun's Profile Photo

Best 4 star self catering place

It is called ApartHotel. Good, clean and in excellent condition. Even though it is a self catering place, but you can still be served breakfast via room service. It has a small swimming pool on the top floor (9th). Located in the heart of Marbella centre.

Unique Quality: Guests are provided with an air-conditioned foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe, lifts, a bar, a games room and a conference room. The inviting restaurant is air-conditioned and offers highchairs for younger guests. Guests may park their cars either in the hotel car park, or in the garage. A laundry and room service as well as medical assistance are all available.

What I like best about this hotel is that most rooms have balconies overlooking the sea and you do not have to pay vast amount to get those. fantastic view from the roof.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

ELEGANCE ON THE SEAFRONT

While Hans and I were in Marbella, I asked Carmen if we could check out the PRINCESA PLAYA while we were there. It is a very elegant four-star Aparthotel situated on Marbella's main seafront promenade within walking distance of the old town center and only 6 minutes drive from Puerto Banus. It contains 64 studios and 36 one bedroom, fully equipped apartments. We asked the front desk if we could have a look at an apartment of which he obliged. It was a good size, with two twin beds, bathroom, a sitting area with satellite TV, a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, two-burner stove and a balcony.
    Update: May, 2006
    Thanks to Carmen & Stace, Hans and I got an ocean-front apartment with incredible views.

Unique Quality: This exclusive beachfront Aparthotel offers a heated, roof-top swimming pool and terrace bar with breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains. There is also a restaurant in the Aparthotel.
    Please keep in mind there is no street parking to be had and parking in the underground car park is 11 Euros per day ( according to Trip Advisor review ).

• Euromeet2006's Profile Photo

4 Stars apartments

Category: 4 stars

Situation: city center, just 100 meters from the beach & promenade. Excellent

Rooms: 36 one-bedroom apartments and 64 studio flats

Swiming pool: YES

special: swimming pool and Terraze bar on the top floors

Unique Quality: this aparthotel can be booked online for 50 euros the double room per night but in a spanish web site. we are trying to get similar through other options to amke the booking easier for all you. if you are interested let us know. (www.hotelplus.com or www.edreams.com)

Comments