Aptos. Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo, S/n, Marbella, 29600, Spain
Aptos. Mediterraneo
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Marbella

El Balcon de la Virgen - Virgen de los Dolores.El Balcon de la Virgen - Virgen de los Dolores.

Stunning ruins behind the propertyStunning ruins behind the property

Park bench in La Alameda Park, Marbella, SpainPark bench in La Alameda Park, Marbella, Spain

Park Plaza HotelPark Plaza Hotel

New to Marbella

Hello,
My name is Kathy and I will be arriving in Marbella in a few days.
I am 38 and single.
I don´t know anyone in Marbella, but i am thinking of staying for awhile.
What would be the best way for me to meet English speaking people with views to friendship?
What is the name of the English local newspaper?
I am a school teacher, originally from London, but I emigrated to Australia 12 years ago.
I love travelling and have been in Spain 3 months now

by FelixAyton

Hello Kathy
in which state you are going to stay in marbella. i think i can help u if u tell me the proper location. english newspaper which is famous in marbella are Mallorca, Costa Blanca.

will wait for your reply thank you

Hi Kathy,

Probably the most popular local English newspaper is Sur in English, but it is a more Costa Del Sol newspaper and not exclusively Marbella. Have a look at www.surinenglish.com. You will not have any problems finding English speaking people at all. One of the best ideas to know English speaking people is to join Spanish classes. It will get you in touch with people and at the same time you learn another language, which will be extremely helpful. Remember that Gibraltar is 75km from Marbella, for your English goodies!

Joe.

Thank you!
I´m in Malaga!!
Getting closer! But hate the wet and cold! Not sure how long I´M gonna last. Thought it would be a lot warmer than this!
Kathy

Hi there,
I am very ignorant to Marbella.. didn`t even know there was states!
I´m in Malaga at the moment, but hating the cold and wet.
I just arrived in Malaga today and will stay a couple of days and then Marbella.
I usually just play things by ear.
Sorry I can´t be more helpful for you helping me!Ha
Kathy

by cristassoc

Hi kathy
We are visitin malaga and marbella in December. Please keep posting as to your experiences. Goodness I hate the cold!

by makoko1

hello Kathy ,
my name Manolo from -seville, senior, -chem,-eng and teacher spanish to foreing people. I would like to me you. I live in -seville, 2 hours from <marbella.

by GibJoe

There are no 'states' in Marbella, I assume that what FelixAyton meant was probably 'estate' but missed the 'e'. LOL

by kelliec4

Hi Kathy,
My name is Kellie and I am thinking about coming over to Marbella, but not until the spring of 09. I am curious as to how you are liking the area? Do you find it safe with lots of things to do? I speak some Spanish and will continue my classes while I am there, but am the same age as you are and am curious as to your thoughts. My direct e mail is kelliec4@yahoo.com if that is eaiser. Would love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Kellie

Kellie,

Rather than posting your email address in these forums, it would be better to send an email directly to Kathy through VT with your external email details. These forums can be seen by anyone, member of VT or not.

Joe.

Travel Tips for Marbella

Parks and Gardens

by Carmela71

Marbella prides is parks and gardens.

Even the smallest open spaces have been carefully planted with beautiful flowers.

Nagueles Park, Parque de las Medranas, Parque de la Constitucion, La Alameda, King Fahiad Gardens are the names of the larger parks and gardens

BIRD - OF - PARADISE FLOWER

by LoriPori

SO BEAUTIFUL! SO EXOTIC!
A wonderful combination of a distinctive shape and brilliant colours, BIRD - OF - PARADISE FLOWER is a large tropical herb that is a member of Musaleae or the Banana Family. Native to South Africa, the Flower's scientific name is Strelitzia Reginae. It requires a good amount of sunlight and definitely a tropical temperature.
The plant itself can reach up to 5 feet in height. The name "Bird - of - Paradise" comes from the spectacular flower shape which resembles a birds beak and head plumage. The numerous pointed petals of brilliant orange , contrast with an arrow-shaped tongue of vivid blue. I simply had to include this beautiful flower in my pages, as I absolutely love these flowers. We only get to see them in a greenhouse that grow tropical flowers.

Daytrip to Gibraltar

by Beach_dog

Now another section of the N-340 motorway has been completed, driving to Gibraltar only takes about 45 minutes. It's an interesting experience to visit this little piece of England in the Meditteranean. A sightseeing tour of the rock is interesting, on clear days good views of Africa across the straights, not to mention the tax free shopping.

A little warning... it may be hot and sunny on the Costa del Sol, but it is not always so in Gibraltar, take a warm pullover just in case. Also occassionally there can be delays for vehicles on the border crossing, so allow a little time.

The cheapest way to get there is by bus, the Malaga - La Linea bus passes through most of the Costa resorts. Disembark at La Linea and walk across the border, it takes about 20 minutes into Gibraltar town.

ROMANTIC

by LoriPori about EL BALCON DE LA VIRGEN RESTAURANTE

If you are looking for a romantic atmosphere, you must try the EL BALCON DE LA VIRGEN RESTAURANTE. Located in the Old Town of Marbella., it is on the corner of Calle Virgen de los Dolores and Calle Virgen de los Remedios.

Terrific Tapas

by SabrinaSummerville about Hestia

Hestia is a delightful little tapas bar right on the seafront in central Marbella. It looks a bit like a very comfortable outdoor conservatory, furnished as it is with luxurious white painted furniture.

Inside it's equally as pretty, whitewashed and with electric blue cushions.

Outside, blackboards advertise the specials of the day, the time of the next soccer match, and the cocktail offers.

We were out for a walk around 6pm and the heat was still searing, so we stopped for a cool drink. The tapas appearing at adjoining tables was too tempting to resist, so we ordered two little platters. First came a dish of four big juicy grilled prawns with a lime dressing and wedges of lime. Then came two giant mushroom caps stuffed with ham and chorizo and veg. Both left a longing for more. The tapas list was vast and I was only sorry I was heading out to dinner later.

The price for the two tapas, one large bottle of sparkling water, and one beer, was just €7.00. I was pleasantly amazed.

Service was very pleasant and prompt.

Highly recommended.