Avda El Fuerte s/n, Marbella, Costa del Sol, 29600, Spain

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• venteeocho's Profile Photo

Right in town ...

is centrally located between the sea
    and the charming oldtown
    with 263 rooms equipped
    to suit your needs

More about El Fuerte Hotel

El Fuerte Marbella, not a 4 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maureenpackse

We stayed for 5 nights at the El Fuerte Hotel in Marbella this month (September). While the location of the hotel is great, right on the beach and right in the middle of downtown Marbella, the facilities at the hotel are definitely not worth a 4star category hotel. I would rate it as 3star. Our room had a standard double bed, whereas these days most 4* hotels give you a king or even queensize bed. The shower in the bathroom was just a hose attached to the taps, it kept going hot and cold while we were getting showered, and the pressure kept changing - very unsatisfactory indeed and very annoying. Regarding the food - although there was a huge choice of buffet breakfast, in a place like Andalucia you'd think you'd get fresh fruit - well there was tinned fruit salad, tinned pineapple, tinned apricots. Only once during our stay did they have fresh bananas. They did occasionally have whole fresh apples and some melon, but that was it. The breafasts were so bad, we never ate any other meals there. The majority of the staff had a very unfriendly, unhelpful and disinterested attitude, definitely not service with a smile, and some of the reception and bar staff served us as if they had a bad smell under their nose. The majority of the guests were German, over 70 years old, overweight and in-bred looking. We felt very young and healthy by comparison at 51! They have "entertainment" in the evening, mostly this consisted of a not very good pianist who did poor Richard Claydermann impressions. I would definitely not stay here again.

by TripAdvisor Member tjulie

We were recomended to go to el Fuerte when we had to attend a wedding in Puerta Banus.
The location is superb, the hotel rooms are spacious and clean, the staff all speak reasonable english especially reception staff. We will definately be back!! Highly recomended

Would recommend the El Fuerte to everyone

by TripAdvisor Member carolScotland

This was our first time staying in the El Fuerte Hotel although we have been in Marbella a couple of times before. We were very impressed with the hotel and the staff who were very polite and helpful. The bar staff were also very friendly. We had a side sea view room but would possibly upgrade next time to sea view as our balcony never got the sun. Our room was of average size but was kept very clean by the maid. The location of the hotel is great as you are just a short walk away from the old town. We were there the first week in June but would not go back then as there is a local 'fair' where they set up stalls in various parts of the old town and in the park - these stalls which sell alcohol and tapas are open from 2pm until 7pm where some of the local women dress up in their costumes but mainly it was what we felt and excuse for the locals (mainly young ones) to get drunk. At that time most of the shops in the old town stay closed at night. Apart from that we had a great time and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. We did feel though that it was mainly for couples as there isn't a childrens swimming pool, though there is a small garden area for them to play in. We will most certainly be returning next year.

A Pleasant Experience

by TripAdvisor Member wonderfulworld

We were extremely pleased with our three-night stay at El Fuerte.

I booked a standard room, but, at check-in, a lovely woman named Sojna upgraded us to a room with a "side view" of the ocean. We loved the hotel, we loved our room, and we found Sojna and other members of the staff to be the most pleasant we encountered in a month traveling around Southern Spain.

The location is perfect--the ocean and boardwalk on one side and the old city a short walk on the other side.

Our rate included an excellent breakfast.

A Good Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Brighton9

We were pleased with the hotel, if a little disappointed with marbella which did not live up to its "up market" image.

The hotel location is good, being near the restaurants and shops of the old town. There is direct access to the beach via a tunnel. The beach itself is sandy but there are rocks below the waterline (take beach shoes if you intend to swim in the sea). Being on the East side of town the transfer time to Malaga airport is only 30-40 minutes.

Hotel facilities are fine - 2 pools, 1 covered,; internet; gym; sun deck; tennis court; car parking etc. Breakfast was an extensive buffet. Bars are okay and reasonably priced. Pool area was good but they should enforce the rule that loungers cannot be reserved with towels. Pool towels are provided and there is plenty of pleasant shade in the gardens, under the palm trees. Our room was great, we booked side sea view but they are angled to face the sea and are reasonably well equipped, although shower pressure is feeble. One gripe - they charge €2.70 a day for a safe key - why do I have to pay to stop their staff stealing my things?

In the locality we recommend the Restaurante El Balcon De La Virgen in the old town and the stylish ice cream parlour in Avenida de Antonio Belon. We booked a trip to Gibraltar using the travel shop Viajes Dunedin who were very helpful.

No accomodation on arrival

I arrived with my parents at this hotel on 28 May at approximately 4am to be told we had no
booking having spoken to the travel agent the day before as when I phoned the hotel to make an enquiry they said we didn't have a booking so naturally I was very concerned but the travel agent assured me we had a booking, so it was unbelievable to be told this on arrival, they only had one room available in the hotel and said they were going to put a bed into that room for me to share with my parents!!, which I said no I was not sharing a room I asked if we could get accomodation at their sister hotel which fortunately there was and we stayed there for the remaining 9 nights, I have been informed that it is the hotels fault and that they never made the booking for us, I have written and waiting for an outcome.

Marbella's Beaches

by debbie1573

I will be staying at a hotel in the Organe Blossom Square in Old Marbella. I have stayed in the past in the hotel El Fuerte nearby. My question is, where will I find a nice beach? The one in the part of Marbella is not very nice at all, and I wonder if there was a really nice beach within walking distance of the old town.

Look forward to hearing from you.

RE: Marbella's Beaches

by Carmela71

In direction to Puerto Banus, along the p`romenade, there are some nice beaches (between marbella club hotel and Puente romano hotel) but some areas inside water are rocky, the sand is nice. My favorite is about 7 km in direction to Fuengirola, is the original dunnes beach as it used to be all the area before... but you need a car or to take the bus :(

Comments