La Villa Marbella Hotel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about La Villa Marbella Hotel

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member KerryLondon

As soon as the taxi arrived at La Villa Marbella, we knew that the reviews from Trip Adviser were spot on, this hotel is fab. Set in the romantic old Town of Marbella, this hotel is perfectly situated to explore Marbella and close to the shops and restaurants.

The rooms are exceptionally clean and perfectly decorated and had everything you could possibly need.

Best of all was our host Marcos who went that extra mile to help - a true star. Every day over breakfast on the roof terrace (which was served until 1 pm) we would ask for suggestions on days out and he would never let us down, all his ideas were great and really made our weekend special.

My partner and I will def. be going back to visit Marcos and his staff.

Thanks to everyone at La Villa Marbella for a great weekend.

Excellence personified

We stayed at La Villa Marbella for a week at the beginning of February 2006. The position of the hotel is ideal for exploring Marbella and the surrounding area. The rooms are charming and beautifully furnished, the bathrooms superb. But the best thing of all was the proprietor, the Marvellous Marcos, and his staff. Nothing is too much trouble for Marcos. He is a host par excellence and goes that extra mile to ensure the happiness and satisfaction of his guests. It is truly a unique hotel with the most friendly ambience. An unforgettable experience! Thank you Marcos and your staff.

Lived up to expectations

by TripAdvisor Member omega

When a hotel gets such consistently good reviews as La Villa Marbella it is sometimes difficult to live up to expectations - but it did and more. The room was spotless with excellent facilities and decor. The location is superb, close to Marbella Old Town with its wealth of excellent restaurants. We didn't get to meet Marcos, he was on holiday, but his staff were attentive and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and at times they had the knack of reading your mind! Service of the highest standard. It is one of the few hotels we have stayed at where it can be recommended without any hesitation.

It's All True!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wettons

It's all true. This is a superb luxury B&B and Marcos is the most perfect host. Nothing is too much trouble for him. We came, from Singapore, to La Villa Marbella for a first look around, with the intention of retiring there one day, and also for some r & r.
From the minute we arrived Marcos (and his lovely wife Rose) made us feel at home and even took the trouble to take us on two or three tours around Marbella in his car, giving us the benefit of his local knowledge.
We've made two new friends and look forward to going back a.s.a.p.
Thanks Marcos & Rose (x to Filipe) and see you soon.
Love Karen & Andrew xx

Trip of a lifetime!

Wow. My girlfriend and I just had one of the greatest weeks of our entire lives, and most of that credit goes to the best hotelier in all of Spain, Marcos, and his Villa Marbella, that work jointly to sweep guests off their feet. Every morning, we'd make our way to the terrace that looks out above the Old Town and into the mountains. Marcos took care of all our reservations for activities and dinners the entire week and even took us to his favorite Spanish tapas bar, Bartolo's. La Villa Marbella is completely redone in Asian style and is his pride and joy, as it should be.

We had great weather the entire week (70's and sunshine) and did it ALL: wine-tasting in Ojen, horseback riding, Thai and aromatherapy massages, 4-wheeling through the mountains, 4 days on the beach, tapas bars in Marbella, shopping, dinners and nightclubs in Puerto Banus, and just enjoying the stone streets of the lovely Old Town.

You HAVE to go to El Virgen del Balcon in the Old Town -- the food is amazing. Ask for PABLO and tell him Dan and Bran sent you. He's a riot and won't let you leave without putting a smile on your face.

All I have to say is that Brandace and I came with only each other but by the end, we had to say goodbye to a good friend in the ever-charming Marcos.

-Daniel

The Hidden Gem of Marbella

My wife and I stayed at Villa Marbella for a week on recomendation.
All of our expectations were exceeded beyond belief and we can not wait to plan our next visit.
We are retired from positions in industry and understand what a world class organisation looks like. Villa Marbella is a world class hotel driven by a six star owner,always anticipating his customer needs and delivering not only in quality but in a highly personable way.
Marcos is a dynamo totaly dedicated to his passion of providing the best.

Ray and Sylvia Young

Highlight of Our Trip Through Spain

by TripAdvisor Member kateinpv

This hotel was our absolutely our favorite spot in Spain. My daughter and I stayed there because we were dropping my son off at a Spanish language camp nearby. I was primarily interested in seeing museums in Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao and Madrid.
But what a pleasant surprise! I found La Villa Marbella on this website and am happy to report that all the very positive reviews are true.
It's small, intimate, very charming and beautifully furnished. It's hard to imagine anyone not liking the rooms. Marcos, the owner, really goes out of his way to make you feel at home. He was incredibly helpful in giving us advice about where to go and eat. We loved his recommendation for a flamenco restaurant.
When my son temporarily decided he didn't like the camp, Marcos took the time to help me figure out what to do. It was very much like staying at a friend's house.
We really looked forward to breakfast on the rooftop every day. The other guests were interesting and there were plenty of entertaining conversations.
Although we stayed at some wonderful hotels in the four other cities on our trip, none were as enjoyable as La Villa Marbella. It's worth the trip-- even if you weren't originally planning to see Marbella.

Marbella Spain

by Krumlovgirl

Whoo hoo! We made it! Hope to update this soon, but in the meantime here are some photos...

"More Photos"

To see all of my Marbella photos, go to my external photo album. My Marbella Photo Album

Marbella, Spain

by saccharinicity

"To Meet You All..."

The whirlwind week of the big VT meet in Marbella ended in a cold and dirty bus station in Granada in what I can only call painfully surreal moments.

The trip was filled with the good, the bad and the ugly; highs and lows caused and not caused by the large amounts of alcohol consumed; life lessons and experiences I won't soon forget and new friendships shared.

It was an incredibly heartwarming experience to see all of these people, from so many different countries, connected by this one drive in life...to see the world. How they could all just so easily come together as friends was really an amazing sight to see.

"Each day another adventure..."

Thursday - Evening spent at a pre-meet meeting over chinese and drinks. Too many drinks. 4am swims in the sea. Kissing asphalt. Beach cafe rooftops...loosing my mind.

Friday - A wonderful day trip to Ronda and Gibraltar (organized by June "Poons"...thank you so much roomie!). First official dinner was a blast and drinking and partying went well into the early morning hours.

Saturday - Recovery, dinner and more partying late into the night.

Sunday - Wonderful brunch along the beach, some goodbyes, a walk through Old Town Marbella and then dinner and more partying.

Monday - To Granada with Ed "Kaspian".

Tuesday - Taxi to Granada bus station, 2 hour bus from Granada to Malaga, taxi to Malaga airport, flight from Malaga to London, flight from London to Boston, another taxi back home. 18 hours. Painful.

"And then the memories"

Too much happened that first night. I lost half of my possessions and busted up my face pretty bad as well (thank goodness for makeup). Lost my camera, eyeglasses, my socks, my jacket, broke my watch and almost lost my teeth, but the connections and experiences I gained from this trip far outweigh any trauma and loss I encountered :)

It really was an experience of extremes that will stay with me through life.

Thank you to everyone for such an incredible time, and especially to Carmen and Stace for putting so much into this.

I promise to be on better behaviour next time 0:)

Marbella, Spain - Member Meeting - May 2006

by Stephanie

"Member Meetings are the only way to travel"

Can traveling be anymore fun than the communal experiences shared at a Virtualtourist member meeting? I don't think so! Fabulous company, expertise (uncommercial) hosts, and interesting, culturally beautiful places - what more can one ask for? Plus, you have the option of spending lots of time with the group, or just a little bit here and there.

Between Ronda and Marbella, SpainBetween Ronda and Marbella, Spain

Bus from Marbella to the Alhambra in Granada-where?

by gereegon

We have purchased our tickets for the afternoon visit to the Alhambra in March 2007. Where would we catch the bus to take us there, I heard there is a direct bus you can take? We are staying at La Villa Marbella. Thank you for your help.

Marbella, Spain Christmas

by Ldevineone

Hello,
I am going to be spending Christmas 2007 in Marbella Spain with my boyfirend and another couple. I would like to know if and where is a church for midnight mass.
Any special things to do/events/markets that take place on Chrismas Eve or Christmas Day.
Also what is a good restaurant to go to for Christmas Dinner?
Thank you so much.
Lisa

Re: Marbella, Spain Christmas

by lassie99

Hello
Hope you have a good trip. I know exactly what you mean about the beach, I am the same, its just soooo boring but yet millions seem to love just sitting there day after day.
There are some lovely places to visit such as Orange Square in the Old town, Selwo World in Estepona. Best thing is to hire a car and get a good map of the area.
for the teenagers there is a forum that my teenagers use www.craeteforum.com\marbellahype
Its full of ideas for their age
Its been invaluable for me

Have a fantastic trip

x

HI all anyone in Marbella Spain?

by claireodette

I have just moved here with my husband anyone from vt about who want to hook up for tapas?

Claire e-mail me at my yahoo if you do.

cu soon

Re: HI all anyone in Marbella Spain?

by Carmela71

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Marbella, and please do not think that last weekend weather is normal hehehe.

We would love to meet you two, I am normally busy during the week, but we could meet on the weekend, email me on VT Ok?

Carmen