Villa Padierna Hotel

Ctra. de Cadiz, Km 166, at Flamingos Golf Club, Marbella, Costa del Sol, 29679, Spain
Villa Padierna Palace Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Villa Padierna Hotel

Peace in the hills of Marbella

by TripAdvisor Member seaandy334

A spectacular property which recently became a Ritz Carlton was our home base for exploring the Costa del Sol. Marta was very helpful and efficient with our battery of questions. Each night candles are lit amongst rose petals. Yes, it's that detailed in bringing you the best of everything. Very quiet and classy with many places for a quiet drink. The interior design is rich with local stone and tile. The furnishings are all that you could hope for. Enormous bathrooms with oversize bath tubs and rain shower. Full amenities of every imaginable type..1st class full service. A fantastic restaurant and a beautiful golf course if you do play. We hope to be blessed to be able to return someday to see many more Spanish sites and restful nights at Villa Padierna.

One of the best 5* in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member mishti&mumu

What can I say? The moment we drove into Villa Padierna, the scenery was absolutely breathtaking. People at reception were very warm and friendly, they even upgraded us upon request (it was a Spanish bank holiday hence quite season, plus my boyfriend's birthday). Our room was amazing, I highly recommend getting the deluxe suite as you have your very own terrace overlooking the golf course. As it was a very special occasion we were provided with complimentary milk & cookies and a generous fruit basket and chocolates. The food at the hotel was good -- no complaints apart from the burger (don't try it) and the service is very efficient (max. 20mins wait). The SPA was fabuluos, one of the best I've seen with quite a wide selection of turkish baths, saunas and steam rooms (each with its own theme and aromatherapy scent). The Terrace Restaurant within the hotel is definetely worth a visit -- very buzzing in the evenings. The harpist in the lobby was a very nice touch (we loved it, very classy). I would definitely recommend this place to you (you really feel at home) but be aware that outside the hotel and in the far distance you can see construction (outside the hotel vicinity).

Beautiful Property, but not Ritz-Carlton Standard

by TripAdvisor Member LondonWestEnd

We just returned from a long weekend at the Villa Padierna. We are frequent guests of other Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons hotels, and were expecting the same level of quality and service. We were, however, disappointed.

Positive points include:
- beautiful hotel
- really nice rooms
- spa circuit is nice

Negative points:
- food is mediocre
- service is poor, mainly due to understaffing

So/So:
- hotel grounds are beautiful, but construction is all around the hotel, and quite closeby, which spoils the views and holiday feeling
- pool is lovely, but not heated. Although it was hot outside, no-one was able to use the pool except a few brave kids with hypothermia. Also no service to speak of at poolside.

Tips:
- Ask for a room "overlooking the lake" (with sea in distance). Do not ask for a view of the golf course as it wraps all around the hotel.
- Deluxe suites are fantastic, but none are available with lakeview.
- Avoid deluxe suite 101. We were given this suite, but it overlooks the hotel entrance with valets and arriving guests making noise all night. After complaining we were moved to a junior suite with lakeview. No balcony but great room nevertheless.

Although we were planning to return at first, we have now decided against it. Although the property and the rooms are excellent, the service really lets this place down.

Magnificent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JimbobAberdare

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Villa Padierna, We booked a junior suite (room 108) at a cost of 309 euros including breakfast, I asked for a room in the main building overlooking the golf course, I specified that I did not want views of cranes and other building work going on in the area, We were not to be dissappointed, and had a huge room in the front of the building with views of the golf course and in the distance the Mediteranian Sea, the room was superbly appointed, King size bed, with masses of pillows walk in shower, bath, chaise longue and all the trappings you would expect from Ritz Carlton, The breakfast was buffet style staff very attentive constant top ups with orange juice and coffee, hot and cold food available, as the weather was superb we ate on the terrace, overlooking the golf course and sea, (absolute bliss ) I played 18 holes of golf on the Flamingo Course (Pro teamed me up with two other players) challenging but not to difficult for a 20 handicapper whilst my wife enjoyed the facilities of the spa. We had a few lunches on the terrace but did not eat in the restaurant as it was expensive and when we were there lacked atmosphere. The hotel provided a shuttle to the Laguna Beach Club where the Marbella in crowd seemed to gather and chill out On return from Puerto Banus or Marbella in the early evening we could relax in the late evening sun around the hotel pool which is adorned with fountains, greenery and what appeared to be Roman statues a retreat from the hustle and bustle of Marbella town, For us the hotel, facilities and staff were superb and would certaily make a return visit
Rupert

Only so-so

by TripAdvisor Member BristolSydney

A friend and I took our two babies (18 months and nearly 2) to Villa Padierna for a mid week break. The hotel's website looked amazing and we had both stayed at other Ritz-Carlton properties around the world (Duabi, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bali) so had expectations of a similar standard. How wrong we were! We lost count of the times our order was wrong, took ages or didnt turn up at all. We had booked a Deluxe Suite with terrace, and were shown to a Junior Suite without a terrace, and when we pointed this out to staff, it was 45mins before we were moved, and with two infants this was not ideal. No apology was made for this either.

We also had a daily battle with staff for highchairs, one was broken and staff seemed oblivious to the fact that there were others around the hotel and perhaps the broken one could be replaced with one from another restaurant. We had to mention this EVERY time we had a meal, which became immensly frustrating

The food was OK, some was overpriced, and choice was limited for the little ones.

Ok, so thats the bad bits. Our Deluxe Suite was fantastic in size with a massive terrace which was fabulous. The gardens were lovely as was the pool - and ths spa, with all different themed steam rooms was amazing.

All in all, DO NOT expect this hotel to be of a similiar standard to other Ritz-Carlton properties. I doubt I would return in the future

Elegant, peaceful paradise.

by TripAdvisor Member carrington1818

This hotel is quite simply a stunning and elegant property located within the peaceful hills just to the north west of Marbella. The rooms are absolutely fabulous, finished to the highest of standards. We were fortunate that it was extremely quiet over this period, it actually felt as if we had booked the entire hotel. The staff are so attentive and polite and the service was faultless. all in all if you are searching for a weekend break or indeed a longer holiday, this is quite simply one of the finest hotels you could wish to book. The photos on the website are extremely accurate and are a true reflection of the hotels natural charm and beauty. Book it now, you won't be disappointed.

Not Good Enough Ritz Carlton!

by TripAdvisor Member gavinessex

I booked this hotel for a long weekend mainly based on Trip Advisor reviews and because the hotel looks fantastic on the website and is now being run by Ritz Carlton. I've stayed at several of their other properties which have always been amazing. Not this one!!

From the moment we arrived I knew things were amiss. Firstly, it's surrounded by construction although I guess at some point this will end. More importantly, it was hard to find the front entrance and when we did there was no-one to greet you. You just had to make you own way to the lobby with your bags.

I had booked a junior suite which in fairness was a beatiful room with a large private terrace and the hotel itself is very pretty and elegant . However, apart from a few very polite front office staff, service was generally poor in the hotel especially in the restaurants and our room was never made up properly when we went out for dinner. The concierges also failed on 2 occassions to give accurate directions to our dinner restaurants.

Food is very poor in the hotel for this level. Apart from a lovely buffet breakfast, lunch menus are very limited and there's no service poolside apart from in the restaurant where the food was inadequate and overpriced. The main restaurant where we ate on the first night was very average and pricey.

The spa is perhaps the highlight if that's your thing but also expensive. All in all a very disappointing experience to which I will not be returning and has tainted my view of Ritz Carlton.

Good luxury golfing break

by TripAdvisor Member lkc9

Although the entrance to the hotel is difficult to find if you are arriving at night the drive up to the hotel is truly breathtaking.

On arrival at reception we were greeted by very professional and efficient receptionist and porter, who made the whole night arrival and finding the entranceproblems a distant memory. We were shown to a beautiful room and ordered room service, a plentiful club sandwich arrived in double quick time. Upon settling for the night a low humming noise could be heard but we were knackered so decided to tell reception in the morning.

Within one hour of telling reception we were moved to a really gorgeous room at the front of the hotel overlooking the lake (request a room in this part of the hotel). We ordered room service a few times during our stay and it always arrived and was set up in our room very professionally and the food excellent (try the pasta dishes and deserts!).

My husband played golf on the Los flamingos course surrounding the hotel. He thought the course was of a very high standard with excellently manicured tees, fairways and greens. He played five rounds and found this european tour layout both pleasing and challenging. He rates this course amongst the best he has ever played which is a hugh compliment as he has played top courses in Dubai, America and Europe. All course and club house staff were very helpful and pleasant.

The pool area in the hotel was a good size btu I am sure in the high season could become very busy, but loungers were comfortable and large fluffy towels provided by the hotel. We were provided with drinks around the pool and happy with the service provided here.

The excellent bar staff went out of their way to make us cocktails even though they do not have a cocktail menu, we were more than impressed with them.

The hotel has a calm, classy atmosphere and not for those who want to party or spend all night in the bar. However Puerto Banus is only a ten minute drive away with lovely bars, restaurants and designer shops.

Really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back. The hotel was upmarket and classy and although there is some building work going on around the hotel it doesn't disturb your stay at all.

Can't understand the bad reviews!

slightly disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member travelxyz

First of all I need to say that the hotel is BEAUTIFUL! there is a lot of attention to detail when it comes to decoration etc. The rooms are amzing, the bathrooms are more than luxurious. the pool is beautiful and pretty art work has been placed all over the place. The Spa is stunning.
However, the satff and service is terrible. Apart from the staff found at reception, the few people you actually find working there, look grumpy and are rude. You wait 2 hours for your eggs at breakfast, waitresses have managed to not only poor water but also coke, coffee and red wine over me wihthout even apologising. One waiter told us to leave the bar because he was tired and wanted to go home - that was at 22h30 on a friday evening! The food is everything but tasty and the choice is very limited.
So, if you just look for a pretty place to stay its the right choice, but if you look for a descent ritz-carlton luxurious experience this is not the place to expect 5 star service. not to forget that we havent met a single person working there outside reception that spoke a word of english!

Could Be Better

by TripAdvisor Member Macleo

This is a very nice hotel in a peaceful setting despite typical Costa del Sol building works surrounding the property.
No issues with check in, room, bathroom or hotel facilities.
All very high standard. Staff very friendly and willing to help.
Service at breakfast, and on the terrace is abysmal and everything takes an eternity.
Having ordered coffee at breakfast, I waited 15 minutes and eventually was served hot water. After another 5 minute wait, I was served hot water again to the dismay of both myself and the waitress. 5 minutes later I was served coffee at last. Unfortunately it was stone cold. Not good!
Breakfast quality and choice is dismal, even for a 2 star property.
I heard one guest comment that her breakfast was the worst that she had ever had.
After three days we skipped breakfast completely as it wasn't worth the effort.
Needless to say we didn't sample lunch or dinner.
Clearly not Ritz Carlton standard.

Your fantasy hotel in Marbella

by misha2

What's the best place you have ever stayed in /would like to one day stay in Marbella.? I'm talking decadent luxury.

by Carmela71

The latest one is Guadalpin Hotel, they were talking about 600 Euros the night.

Then you ahve the classic ones as Puente Romano or Marbella Club

All of the 5 stars Luxurious.

if you are looking for spa hotels, there is one in Mijas very luxurious.

anmd in estepona you ahve the Dunas or the Kempisky.

I am afraid too many luxurious around here, but it would depend on what you expect to find.

Carmen

by sheilas

You could try www.tripadvisor.com. It rates the hotels according to reviews of travel writers and people who have actually stayed there. Have a good holiday.
Sheila

by sunnysmile

I visit marbella often and search the web often for best deals so feel I know the hotels pretty well.
it all depends on what you want from your stay but here are my reccomendations

no. 1 Puento romano beach front, lovely grounds, beach disco on the night,lovely rooms only from what I have seen from website havent stayed in this hotel to expensive for me ! buthave visited hotel.
it is positioned between Marbella and Puerto Banus but if you can afford to stay at this hotel taxi's of 16 euros wont be a problem.

no.2 Villa Padierna I have stayed at this hotel and found it superb very relaxing good service all nice clientel lovely rooms with very comfortable beds
a little off the beaten track as it is on the flamingo golf course but again if you have a car or taxi no problem.

no.3 hotel guadalpin marbella syaed at this hotel book a room with hot tub again between marbella and banus very nice hotel for price. not on beach but not far to walk.

Comments