Calle Grama 2, Matagorda, 35510, es

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel

Pleasantly suprised

by TripAdvisor Member astra01

After reading several reviews on the Sol Lanzarote I was dreading our holiday there, But on arriving the staff were friendly enough, We had a sea view,which i would reccomend.Kids club was good. Pool was freezing but my son loved it. We ate in the restaurant twice, 1 breakfast, 1 dinner, Excellent, eat as much as you like, nice though.
My only gripe was that we booked a courtesy room on the last day, it was on the ground floor and we found the smell of the room awful, musty sewage etc....nice bars in the village square a few irish bars but went for the more spanish meals,Lanis chain of restaurants in peurto del carmen are expensive, we found? but on the whole I would go back again but book a high floor. beautiful island cant wait to go back, playa blanca was great though!

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SDHUNTER

Just returned from the Sol Lanzarote, I have to say it was brilliant from the minute we entered the hotel, the check in staff, cleaners, waiters, bar staff very friendly and helpfull, nothing was to much bother for them, the surrounds were beautiful. the rooms cleaned and towels changed every day, the food was good and a good choice (especially for spanish & germans) but dont be put off by this we didn't go hungry, Our room was very nice, cleam and large. The evening entertainment was good but started after the kids disco at 10pm.
The pools we didn't use but the other guest did, plenty sun loungers.
We thoroughly enjoyed our weeks holiday and would definately go back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family.

Lovely, relaxing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Alison138

I have recently returned from a one week holiday to this hotel and I would recommend it for a sunshine break. My husband and I booked an apartment (the nicest self catering apartment we have stayed in on any of the Spanish islands) but we also got a good deal for half board - the best of both worlds.

Reception staff were excellent at check in and provided us with a map to get to our room - actually necessary! We had a lovely view of the beach/sea. It did turn out that the walls were a little thin as we were disturbed several times by the family next door (crying children/shouting adults!)

We made it for breakfast every morning - good choice, typical of a Spanish hotel. The dinner 'menu' was posted every morning allowing us to choose where to eat that night. Pizza and pasta every night (pasta made in front of you and you chose a sauce to go over it). Nice joint of meat every night, fish choice, soup, salads etc. We ate in the hotel 5 nights out of 7. One night I also ate alone as my husband was ill and I felt completely relaxed and well looked after by the staff.

We walked into PD Carmen several times - quite a jaunt but we broke it up with several refreshment breaks (!) Plenty to see on the walk into town but I can't imagine doing this in the hotter summer months. A taxi was about 3 Euros 50 cents and were easily available. There are several bars and restaurants near the hotel (in both directions) and we visited these a couple of times. There are also a couple of amusement arcades for the kids too.

The supermarket was open until 11pm for top up shopping. We didn't use the hotel bar - not really for young people (Kids and older couples)

Pool area was large but even this early in the season we often got the last of the sunloungers at the pool at 10am. Can't see this problem easing in the summer. Pools were cold but weather was very hot so it was 'nice' - the first time we have ventured all the way into the water at this time of year!

Resort itself was actually pretty busy. 'PRs' out in force already to get you into their bars/clubs etc. Everything was open. Plenty of goods eating places in PD Carmen.

This hotel was good for couples (yound and old), young families (kids of all ages). Probably not so suitable if you're going to party - a bit to far out to walk back home again!

Not value for money!

I rated this this hotel as Terrible but I feel it does not do the hotel justice. It shouldn't even be on the scale.
I have never come across a staff so unfriendly in a hotel/resort that is being advertised as 4 star. The quality of the room/apt we had was ok but it does not make up for the improper behaviour of the staff. I am very sorry I spent my money on this place and I will never go back. Ever.

This is a Cracking Hotel, But Go for a Sea View Room!

We stayed for a week at easter this year - the rooms were absolutley senstaional - excellent standard of accommodation, beautiful pools, great restaurant looking out onto the beach.

We paid a little extra to get a sea view room, and make sure you do, as the in-looking rooms are nowhere near as breath-taking.

Staff were more than helpful, room were cleaned every day by the very friendly cleaning staff.

The wean loved it - absolutely magic.

CANNOT RECOMMEND HIGHLY ENOUGH!!!

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member merc2557

I have just returned from this hotel on 13th Aprril. I stayed there with my 14 year old daughter and we had a great time. Like the previour review we had a huge room, very clean. If you put the used towels in the bath you were given fresh ones daily. The check in was very quick but we did arrive after 11pm so it was quiet. We were half board and they had a cold salad meal for us on arrival which was great.
The pool area was very busy but it was the Easter hols and the hotel got very busy as it got nearer the Easter weekend , lots of kids.
Entertainmentat night was ok my only gripe of the week was our room number 2201 was right above the entertainment area and could be noisy but it generally went quiet around 12pm.
I really liked this hotel and can't understand peoples gripes about staff etc yes they were very busy and sometimes it was slow but your on holiday whats the rush.
We did the Grand tour of the island through the hotel which was 57 euros each and it was excellant i highly recommend it.
The hotel is quite a distance to Puerto del Carmen so i would recommend a taxi. There is a good taxi rank called Morromar taxis if you take the road directly out of the hotel straight ahead and 2nd on the right its quicker than getting the hotel to get you one.
They also provide a curtesy room to have a shower if you are a late night flight and you can book this at reception on your departure day but be quick because the time slots go fast.
I would return to this hotel and had a very relaxing

Cleanliness was not a priority of this hotel

My husband and I and our 15 month old baby stayed on the 26th of March for a week. I thought the Apartment was never cleaned to standard from when we arrived to when we left. The staff were very unfriendly. I booked a birthday cake for my husband and stipulated no nuts and plenty of fruit. I received a cake covered in nuts with only kiwi and a thick gelatine on top. I would not recommend it and will never go back.

not really impressed

I stayed in this hotel in self catering part last year and found the rooms which are meant to be one befroomed very small they were more like studios they did not have a seperate room just a screen that divided the room in two if you wanted.The air conditioning was broke in my room and took a few days to get fixed.Two of the pools were very deep and as a result were a bit cold. The entertainment was not great at night and the hotel staff were just alright.Ther was nothing special about this hotel and i would not go back.If you can get a sea view as the others face out onto a road which can be noisy

Great Hotel, highly recommend it!

by TripAdvisor Member Ricky02

We(my husband and I) have just returned from a week at this hotel. We had stayed before, about 6 years ago, and were very pleasently surprised to find that it had been refubished to a very high standard.
Our room was really spacious, with a huge bathroom, bed and also a couch which would pull out to a bed and sleep another 2 peaple we were self catering, so we had a hob, fridge and also a microwave. Very clean also.
The staff were always very busy but we didn't have any problems with any of them, always very helpful.
Plenty of sunbeds, but would advise to get one quite early so you get a good spot!
The location is excellent, a couple of Euros in a taxi, and you are into the main centre of Puerto Del Carmen, also right on the beach. If you fancy it, you can walk in to the main town, will take you probably the best part of an hour depanding on where you are going. We walked all the way back to the hotel from the old town one night, a long walk but after all that champagne we needed it!
Would recommend a couple of things to do in Lanzarote, if you haven't been to the Island before, visit Timinfaya national park, amazing place. Also the old town is great, a restaurant there called dolce vita due where you will get the most amazing champagne sangria!
All in all, a fantastic holiday, would recommend to all ages.

Comments