3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Grangefield Oasis Club

Spains best

by Ian831 about Grangefield oasis

The place when we found it was great and well placed on the hill side. about a mile from the sea. needed a car to get to it or taxi. found that as it was a self caterng holiday there was a need to get surplies as soon as we arrived. the problem was lots of local shops were closed so had to use resorts more expensive shop. the apartments could not be faulted two good sized pools and a staff that cared about the customers, which is quite rare . organised and well looked after. very clean. as part of the RMI/Infinity consortium from Gibraltar. we found they were always on top of any problems.. evening entertainment was kept to minimum as people wanted a resort that was quiet. the only late outside activity was a BBQ on a thurs night with musician.

Grangefield Oasis. in the sunGrangefield Oasis. in the sun

First Time in Andalucia

by Rosita157

I will be traveling with my family to Grangefield Oasis in Mijas for the Christmas/New Year holidays. It is our first time in Andalucia. Will we find everything closed on Christmas day, New Years Eve and day? Should I bring US dollars or exchange for Euros locally (Puerto Rico) before leaving? Is it better/safer/cheaper to use my credit card and let the credit card company deal with the exchange? How is the weather at this time? Is a winter jacket necessary or will layering and light jacket be enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RE: RE: First Time in Andalucia

by guapohomme

Hello, I go every year to Andalucia but always stay on the coast eg Malaga, Fuengirola or Benalmadena. However, I had many a pleasant afternoon in Mijas that's in the hills overlooking Fuengirola. Lots of souvenir and art shops. A sleepy little place though full of visitors (like me!!) that come by the very regular bus service.
I've always stayed in Jan for two months and only once at Xmas. Then it was OK I found a few places open on Xmas day and even more normal at new years day.
You are a little higher up ( 428 metres) but nontheless, I've found the coastalweather most day to be sunny with few cold or rainy days. Mainly sunny with cold evenings that called for a jacket. The whole area of the Costa Del Sol is very popular with Spanish & English pensioners who winter there so lots of english spoken and english newspapers. You can see english (US) movies in Fuengirola.Malaga is the big town to visit - good shopping, Picasso museum and also his home/birthplace and in the old part of town some really lovely spanish bars for tapas. Malaga is easily & cheaply got to by the coastal railway ( the cercania). The coastal railway runs from Malaga to Fuengirola. I pay around 42 euros for a monthly ticket but even paying for the odd day trip is peanuts.
All I can say about credit cards is that the rate of exchange whenI use my mastercard ( drawn on a British bank) is an Ok rate.I normally only use my card for paying hotel bills to avoid possible fraud. You will obviously speak fluent spanish suffice to say that the credit card machines come w3ith Spanish & english instructions.
Mail me at aqlanguapo@hotmail.com if I can help further.
Buena suerte!
It's easy to change US dollars along the coast.Although a brit I am usually coming to Andalucia from latin america and arrive in Spain having a mixture of dollars, english pounds and euros that I have no trouble in changing at bureau de change etc.

Comments