Paseo Balcon de Europa, 1, Nerja, Costa del Sol, 29780, Spain

Hotel Balcon de Europa
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 83% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Luxury at the Balcon

We had a junior suite overlooking the sea at The Balcon. We arrived late and received an excellent welcome. Our luggage was taken up to the room and we enjoyed a mixed seafood cold meal which had been prepared for us.

Breakfast was excellent, including champagne. We were also happy with the evening meals which were well presented with 3 - 4 choices for each course. We mostly sat at tables overlooking the sea.

The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. There was a large bathroom with full bath. The maid service was excellent.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for couples and it would be a lovely place for a honeymoon. In fact, several weddings took place in the hotel while we were there and the guests really enjoyed themselves. All festivities finished at about 11.30 pm, so there was no noise late at night at the back of the hotel. However, there may be some noise later than that if you have a room overlooking the balcon.

Unique Quality: The outstanding characteristic of this hotel has to be the location. It is in a wonderful situation right in the old town and overlooking the sea.

The hotel pool is very small, but never seemed too busy. There is also a sauna in the hotel.

There are two nice residents' lounges downstairs, one of which has internet access and multimedia facilities for putting your photos on CD or DVD. There is quite a good selection of books in several languages. The other lounge has a large screen TV.

I would just mention that if you want to use the safe in the room, you must have your key card activated at Reception before you try to set up your number on the safe. There is a charge of 1.80 euros. You also need to obtain a key at Reception if you want to use the mini bar. If you want to use the mini bar as just a fridge, there is a charge of 2 euros per day.

Directions: At the Balcon.

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Four Star With a Beautiful View

Balcon de Europa is a beautiful hotel with rooms overlooking La Caletilla beach. The hotel's enterance is on the 6th floor (street level) and they provide an elevator to the lowe levels and the beach. The hotel is located conviently in the old town's pedestrian district so it's perfect if you want to walk to all of the shops and restaurants or just wander around the streets a bit.

Unique Quality: Rooms are spaceous and nice and ocean facing rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean. This makes for a perfect place to bring back lunch or to have a drink and watch the day go by.

Directions: Overlooking La Caletilla beach, right next to the Balcon de Europa walkway.

More about Balcon De Europa

The Balcon by Night

by jaygee about Balcon de Europa

Stroll round the Balcon de Europa at night and watch the performers and view the jewellry for sale, watch the street artists at work, and eat some icecream. Whatever you want

Visit the Balcon de Europa.
it...

by binnie

Visit the Balcon de Europa.
it is an area full of every type of restaurant , there are also loads of shops, selling unusual souvenirs .
it is a place for people watching. Sitting by the pool , basking in the sun. Having a quiet read , ahh this is the life

Balcon Europa

by TripAdvisor Member WESTWO1

We returned to the Balcon in Nerja in Oct 05. Our first visit was in 2000 and it wont be the last! I have read rather a mixed selection of reviews on both Nerja and the Hotel Balcon De Europa. I am however a fan of both Nerja and the hotel. Nerja may not be Spanish enough for the purists but I was able to practise my elementary Spanish and its certainly one up on Benalmadena. Having travelled ondependently, we got a taxi from Malaga to the hotel, but it did cost 81 Euros. Hovever for the return the hotel arranged the transfer for 65 euros, and I was told to contact the hotel prior to my next visit and they'd arrange a pick up. I love the balcon and have now stayed in both standard and sea view rooms. As it was a few days in october, our standard room was perfectly satisfactory and still a good sized room. If it were summer and I was there longer, I'd probably prefer a view. The service at the hotel is excellent. We went on a B& B basis as there are lots of bars and restaurants in Nerja. I was pleased to see the arrival of new Tapas bars there too. All in all a great place to stay and I'm going back!

Quaint villiage, lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member dewbury

Stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. Originally booked standard room, no: 814, unfortunately, right next to the church in the square and every hour the bells ring, apart from midnight to 0800hrs. We moved rooms to 511 which had a sea view but cost 23 euros per night extra! Room had double bed which suited us better as we were celebrating our anniversary as opposed to single beds in standard room. We only had breakfast one morning and it was average. The hotel is very clean, the staff are polite and helpful. The negative points, in the summer, the pool is far too small to accommodate the number of guests staying in the hotel. The highlight of my evenings was feeding the many cats outside the hotel. They were gorgoeus, being an animal lover does help I suppose. The hotel is situated in a prime position in Nerja. Nerja itself is a beautiful, charming Spanish town. We found lovely restaurants, ie: Pinoccios, Bella Pasta and the Mexican (however extremely expensive!!). The English "Allsorts" newsagents was fabulous, they helped my husband out with an anniversary card to my wife (he forgot to buy one in UK!!!). A few points worth mentioned regarding the hotel, it states "mini-bar and safe in rooms" however, you pay for the privilege of both which isn't stated at the time of booking. The car park at 9 euros per day also isn't stated at the time of booking. These items could add up for people staying 14 nights, so beware. We would definately visit Nerja again, however, I doubt it would be at the Balcon De Europe due to the expense whilst staying there.

needs improvement

a lot was written about the beautiful situation of the hotel so i skip it.
the room was renovated with apparently new pine furniture, nice, but not worth to talk about. usual stuff all around the mediterranean. marble bathroom.
did not like the mattresses which were covered with plastic sheets under the cotton sheets to protect the mattresses; mattresses were of cheap making and you could feel every spring. not so nice to wake up and being drenched with sweat.
great breakfast buffet, dinners worth to book.
especially caring and helpful waiters.
had three shirts to be washed and plated, but sleeves were not plated. did not complain, but should have done so considered the price.
at the end when we removed our car from what we thought was the usual garage of the hotel, we discovered that you must not follow the signs "P - HBdE" but look for a different place. we parked our car in the parking lot of the town and they charged us on a hourly rate, that is 25 € a day. at the hotel they knew we were parking there and a hint would have saved some money, considered that they hint at everything ("storing items in minibar two € a day, ...). asked the lady at the reception, she just shrugged. well, it wasn´t her money. never seen a more expensive parking, not on the alhambra and not in the center of cordoba at a real four star hotel.
be prepared to be a client and not a guest.
as for the rest of the clients they liked obviously the place. mostly retired english middle class remembering the battles they´ve fought (WW I + II, think i even heard mafeking).
four stars is a little exaggerated, but common for such places around the mediterranean. compared to other hotels in spain which are mostly nice and not expensive i would not rate it so high.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Brighton9

Excellent location on a small, virtually private beach. When we went getting a lounger was OK but I imagine in high season the beach could get very busy.
We had a room low down just above the beach (it is built into the cliff so reception is on the 6th floor) which was good; rooms on 7th floor and above, overlooking the balcon could be noisy I expect. Loads of restaurants and bars in Nerja but don't go expecting great nightlife, it's ideal for couples.
The service in the hotel was good especially porters, reception and the beach guys. We only ate breakfast which was okay but not great.
Must recommend one restaurant - Capilla del Mar on Calle de la Cruz, we went there 3 nights and had something different but equally good each time.
Hotel rooms were fine - lower end of 4* I guess. Nerja is small and taxi will not be able to get right to the door so may not be good if you have mobility problems.
Overall really good hotel in great location, we will go back.

Was disappointed with this hotel.

I was very disappointed with this hotel. It's listed as 4 star, but in reality is 3 star. We were given room 501 which was sandwiched between the dining room above and the cafeteria below. When cafeteria closed all the tables were dragged across the floor making this room very noisy. Add to this the noise from the Balcon and the restaurant above. Also, the buffet breakfast was like getting involved in a military operation. You are not alllowed to take a full bottle of water to your table, only a glass at a time. Also one cup of coffee is offered, no pot and the service for coffee was very slow. As it was August it was crowded with Spanish people on holiday who showed no respect or regard on stairs or corridors. I would not recommend this hotel.

NERJA - BALCON DE EUROPA

by LoriPori

"VISIT TO NERJA"

Saturday, January 26, 2008
After our visit to Frigiliana, we all went to Nerja as Carmen, Stace and Sandra wanted to have a nice little visit with their friend Placido. We started of at Placido's Metropolis Cafe for some delicious coffee / hot chocolate and then we (Carmen, Stace, Sandra, Rosa, Isa, Hans and I) all headed toward the Balcon with its amazing views of the Mediterranean. It was getting toward the evening, so that is why my pictures (some are Hans' pix) are a little grey.

Balcon de EuropaBalcon de Europa

Balcon de EuropaBalcon de Europa

balcon de europabalcon de europa

balcon de europabalcon de europa

casa mercedes nerja?

by elfje

hi, I booked there a few days in july, anybody ever been there? And was it a great experience? Nice room? Nice people?
Any comments welcome!!
Greetings,

Re: casa mercedes nerja?

by elfje

oops sorry I already posted this message yet, my apologies!

Re: casa mercedes nerja?

by cwest03

I was there recently and had a great time hanging out at the beach and exploring the city. We stayed at the Hotel Balcon de Europa overlooking the ocean and thought that it was wonderful. I'm sure there are cheaper places to stay but it was a nice treat to overlook the ocean. We had some pretty good meals although I can't remember the names of the restaurants off the top of my head right now. I'd love to hear what your experience was like.

Comments