C/ Almunecar 8, Nerja, Costa del Sol, 29780, Spain

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 160% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ranger49's Profile Photo

Seafront Parador

We have stayed here on several occasions - on the way further south - or north; after arriving a day too soon for our holiday rental home in Nerja or just wanting to be looked after for one night after packing up and cleaning up a holiday rental before heading for home.

When staying in the area we often called in for a coffee or an evening meal. We stayed put there for a whole week just before my husband was to have knee surgery.

It is a typical 1970's hotel building but its main attraction is its location - on a cliff top overlooking Burriana beach and only a few minutes walk into the centre of the town.

The gardens, and the back-cloth views of the Sierra de Almijarra make this a very special place to relax in for a while and the restaurant serves very acceptable meals including local specialities.

More about Parador de Nerja Malaga

Hostal at Nerja, Malaga

by Carmela71 about Hostal La Alhambra

We stayed there for around 40 euros the double room per nigh, even if it is a hostel is really good placed and better equipied that some hotels I have been in.

Well it was very well situated for us, close to the beach, city center and the pubs area .... (well we went for New Years eve lol)

Andalucia Caves

by Carmela71

I am not much fond of caves, even if I stayed in one in Gaudix lol, but that one had jacuzzi ;-)

Some that you can visit are:

At the Sierra de Ronda (Malaga), Cueva del Gato ( 4.5 kilometers in lengh crossing Sierra de Grazalema) and Cueva de la Pileta (Benaojan).

At Rincon de la Victoria (Malaga), visit the Cueva de tesoro - on the coast

Sierra de las Nieves (Malaga): Cueva de la Tinaja, Cueva de Los Organos and La Ara?a -

Also visit El Torcal de Antequera (Malaga)
There are many caves in the Natural Park.

At Nerja (Malaga) visit the Cueva de Nerja on the coast a 3 km to the east of Nerja.

This is the one that I had visited. Caves of Sorbas (Almeria) at the protected natural area of Karst in Yesos de Sorbas.

Guadix Trogodite neighborough to see the caves houses

Of course visit Gibraltar caves!!!

One week in Apartment in Nerja

by deecat

Photographs:

1. Sandy and Allan on Nerja's "Balcony of Europe"
2. Allan in garden of Paradore Nerja
3. Dee on walk back from Nerja to our apartment
4. Two shots of Sandy on her way back from a shopping spree in Nerja
5. Allan overlooking Nerja [Costa del Sol]

Allan, our friend Sandy and I spent one week in an apartment that we rented in Nerja that was called Nerja Villa. It overlooked the Mediterranean Sea!

It had two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, and a living room. In addition, it had a huge patio that looked out over the sea. This terrace had cushioned chairs for sunning [which I used on one particularly warm afternoon

It would have been fantastic except it had no heat, and while we were there, it was a bit cool so at night we froze.

We had great fun in this beautiful small town of 10,000 people, and if it were warmer weather, the beaches would have been a priority. It's an established resort community that is built on a cliff above sandy beaches and coves. It is at the bottom of the Sierra de Almijara.

From the famous Balcony of Europe, you can see sweeping views up and down the coast. Along this Balcony of Europe is a promenade which has cafes, restaurants, and shops. The location was excellent for all of our planned activities:

1. Visiting the "White Villages" in the area
2. Visiting the Parador Nerja and experienced their chocolate dessert that was made for their 70 year anniversary of Paradores in Spain. IT WAS TO DIE FOR!
3. Experienced the "Balcony of Europe in Nerja, which is a plaza that juts out into the sea
4. Exploring the town and beach of Nerja
5. Visiting the Nerja Caves
6. Going on a trip to a relatively nearby Casino
7, Taking a tour trip to Granada and The Alhambra

Relaxing in the sun in sunny Nerja

by shughesnerys

"Spain at its very best"

Having suffered with ME/Chronic Fatigue for the past 18 months and now recovering, I needed time to go on holiday. Nerja seemed to be the place and how right I was. Beautiful climate the whole week we were there, easy car rental, easy flights with EasyJet out of Bristol and superb accommodation at the Parador de Nerja. To top all that, the food was wonderful as well! Althoght I was tired after the early flight on the first day, this was such an easy holiday and I am so glad I did it!!

5 days in Andalucia

by jessie76

Hello! My husband and I will have 5 days in Andalucia in March. Any suggestions on a 5 day itinerary? We would like to spend some time at the beach, and some time inland as well. Also, do we need to make accommodation reservations that time of year, or should we be ok to just find something wherever we may end up?
Thanks!!

Re: 5 days in Andalucia

by Maurizioago

Don't miss Ronda!

by Miss_London

Hi!

5 days is not a lot of time. Instead of carrying the luggage around I would take base in Seville and from there do day trips to Cadiz (beach), Cordoba, Ronda, the white villages, and Granada. Granada is a bit further but it is worth the trip.

If you don't mind carrying luggage around, a circle Seville - Cordoba - Granada - Ronda - Cadiz (beach)- Seville.

Cadiz is beautiful and small and the beach there is amazing, so you could have a wander, see the city and then spend the rest of the day just relaxing. It is just 1 hour from Seville.

The weather should be nice at that time of the year, it gets unbearable hot in Summer.

by TempNomad

Absolutely go to Granada - beautiful, beautiful. The circle idea mentioned sounds wonderful, and if it's only a five day trip, the bags won't be too cumbersome. Another, less wide trip (if you want more down time) would be Malaga, Granada, Nerja, Malaga. If you can fly in to Granada, just do Granada, Nerja, Malaga, Granada. The drive is very interesting since you see the mountains and the ocean. Enjoy, either way!

by Carmela71

I agree with Miss London, but I still find it a lot of driving! (the tour or staying in Sevilla)

I would suggest to concentrate in an area of andalucia for example if staying in Sevilla, to visit Sevilla (day and a half minimum), a day out to Cordoba, and two days in Cadiz (one visiting the city and maybe another visitng the beaches around, Conil or Tarifa).

or if deciding to stay on the other side of Andalucia, visit Granada (2 days or 1,5) and another 2 in Almeria visit Cabo de Gata beaches and maybe drive along alpujarras back to Granada staying a night around.

It would also depend where do you land and where do you depart (Madrid or Malaga?)

Check the dates you come are not in easter (late march) if not it should not be very busy...

Re: 5 days in Andalucia

Vejer de la Frontera
Ronda
Arcos de la frontera

The worst places:
The Costa del Sol (malaga). There are too any toursts and English people. You won't get a real feel for Spain.

Road trips:
The deset in Almeria

Check out my pages for some info on some of the places I've mentioned.

Book hotels if you go at the end of March as it's Semana Santa.

I hope this helps!