Husa Reina Victoria

Dr Fleming 25, Ronda, Costa del Sol, 29400, Spain

More about Husa Reina Victoria

Hotel Reina Victoria, Ronda

by Kay_C about Hotel Reina Victoria, Ronda

16,000 pesetas (off-season) This english style mansion built in 1906 overlooks the famous cliff 'Tajo de Ronda'. The gardens are beautiful and the view of the sunrise over the mountains from our balcony was breathtaking!

Ronda bus stationRonda bus station

Looking back, starting the climb from the coastLooking back, starting the climb from the coast

The 'Old Bridge' is still operationalThe 'Old Bridge' is still operational

Pool view of our bedroom (left) & living room (r)Pool view of our bedroom (left) & living room (r)

Malaga to Ronda

Hi

I will be stopping off in Ronda for 6 hours on my way to Seville from Malaga. I've got a pretty good idea about the bus times but can anyone tell me if I can buy a one-way ticket to Seville and stop off or do I have to buy 2 tickets - Malaga-Ronda and Ronda-Seville. I'm also a bit confused about which stop I should get off in Seville as there appears to be 2. I am staying near the Cathedral.

Thanks for your help

Sue

by hawkhead

bookmark

Hello again

Thank you once again for your help. I am now trying to book my tickets for the two parts of my journey but Los Amarillos website is in Spanish and I have to register but don't fully understand the questions. Is there another site in English or do you think I can take a chance and just buy my tickets on the day?

by Rietta

Thanks Pedmar but Amarillos isn't on Movelia. when I went to buy my ticket on the amarillos site it stopped me and I assumed it was asking me to log in or register as a new user

by Rietta

Thank you Pedmar - I have my ticket now :o)

Travel Tips for Ronda

A great vieuw from the balcony of a local house

by Waalewiener

There are several great sites in Ronda.The most spectacular in my opinion is the vieuw down the TAJO GORGE,660 feet deep.Then there is the PLAZA DEL TOROS, the legendary Bull fighting Ring built in 1784 in Neoclassical style, one of the oldest in Spain.
Also there is the Church of Santa Maria, and the house of Don Bosco The memories of Ronda for me & Lori are the beauty of the town the Gorge vieuw, the Bullfigting Plaza,and the memory that we had a change (thanks to my brother in law and the hospitality of a local home owner ) who allowed us to go in his house and see the vieuw from the Balcony of the Puente Nuevo.
It was a day to remember.

Puente Romano - Roman Bridge

by Carmela71

The name by which this construction is locally known (Puente Romano - Roman Bridge) is quite unsuitable when one bears in mind the fact that the bridge was built in the 14C.

It was completed during the period of Arab domination - a fact which becomes immediately obvious when one looks at the typical features of Muslim architecture which adorn the entrance arch.

Marqueses de Salvatierra Palace

by Martin_S.

This baroque facade made of stone masonry has a very surprising look to it. You find two couples, the male with his tounge sticking out as if mocking the world and the females being quite chaste and covering their nudity, but even on the uncovered males you see no signs of any sex organs. The figures do not look European and when you read the sign explaining what you are seeing it says the figures have an "Indian" influence...South American Indian we can assume. In the centre is Vasco Martín de Salvatierra's coat of arms.
You can find out more at the Ronda web site below. http://www.turismoderonda.es/catalogo/eng/salvatierra.htm

Cafes

by sandysmith

With all this sightseeing you'll be glad to know there are plenty of places to eat and drink - esp by the bridge (most touristic and expensive)with views of the gorge - wonderful to sit and rest those aching feet whilst still enjoying the views. We also enjoyed breakfast at Cafe de Ronda (just past the new bridge and before the old town on the main street) which seemed very popular and not as expensive.

Comments