Morales Hotel Ronda

C/ Sevilla 51, Ronda, Costa del Sol, 29400, Spain

Hotel Morales
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 1 star hotels

• OK for one night but has a few faults

The building inside is very beautiful and it's not far from the old town (less than 10 minutes of walk). My room was very small (single) and the window faced the inside patio/staircase, so I had to go outside the hotel to check what the weather was like and this darkness in the room was making me depressed.

Also, the hotel has actually 1 star only, not 2 as per booking.com.

The guy who greeted me on the arrival, Juan, was great - he gave me a map and showed the best places to go for eating out and sighseeing. But the guy who was working in the reception the next day when I checked out was hopeless - not a single word in English and my Spanish wasn't good enough to explain the problem (there was an issue with the online payment and I wasted 30 min trying to solve it), so my mood was spoiled in the end.. I really can't understand how people in a tourism industry can afford to speak one language only and hope for the business to go well..

Unique Quality: Impressive and beautiful staircase to look at, but not practical when you have your window facing it..

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Nice low priced hotel

I stayed here one night in 2004 on my way from Malaga to Algeciras to Morocco. I had come this way to see the scenic route - particularly the recommended scenic train route - from Ronda to Algeciras.

No one spoke English but it was fine - the hotel was modern but with some character and was clean and tidy. No breakfast was included but had an ensuite and for 21 euro for a single room was good value.

About 10 minutes walk from the railway station but handy to the centre of town and the sights around the main centre.

Suited me and the people running it were very pleasant - in keeping with its name 'Friendly Hotel'!.

Comments