Plaza de Espana s/n, Ronda, Costa del Sol, 29400, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

What a location!!

I arrived in Ronda in the driving rain early in the morning. Since I had been staying at another Parador at the previous stop, it seemed like check-in was just a matter of showing my passport and not much more. Anyway, I was upgraded to a double room. The desk personnel looked at my passport and mentioned that they had welcomed a person by the same name just a month before (my dad, yes, I knew).

The Parador is a former City Hall, built in 1761. This remains the main facade with arched galleries. It has been reconverted for use as a luxury hotel, part of the national network of Paradores that are luxury hotels built in historic properties. This Parador opened in 1994. As this was one of the larger Paradors it had a bit more of a "modern" feel to it than some of the smaller ones I had stayed in.

The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. Try to ask for a room with the view of the gorge, the view is amazing! As I went somewhat late in the year if you left the windows open you might be a bit cold when you wake up. The room was clean, well-lit and not in any way cluttered. All facilities and services worked perfectly. Along with the stunning view this was something to savor!

Is this hotel recommendable? Absolutely. Would I stay there again? Without hesitation!

Unique Quality: The Parador of Ronda, like most of the Paradors in Spain, occupies a stunning position. It is at the edge of the gorge, my room had an amazing view out. If you step out onto the terrace you have a stunning view of the mountains. Just the view from this hotel is enough to make it worthwhile!

You should be aware though, because this hotel is right by the bridge and the ravine, there will be some noise. Additionally, the bullring is really close by so you might get noise from that in season. Closing the windows was enough for me to make this a non-factor for me

• Great Hotel to stay in Ronda

we stayed with our two young teenagers in this hotel in july. the temperature i believe was in the late 30s but there was a lovely breeze by the pool to cool off in. the hotel is housed in the old town hall and is in the centre of the town with spectacular views over the Tajo or steep cliff overlooking the valley. we were fortunate enough to have a fabulous air conditioned duplex room ( no 215) which had a downstairs with toilet & shower room, fitted wardrobe, v large sofa bed, tv, mini bar, table & chairs and a balcony with small table & chairs overlooking the fabulous view. upstairs led to a wonderful double sink, washbasin arrangement and bathroom with large jacuzzi type bath, bidet etc. huge bed would have slept the 4 of us comfortably. then spectacular terrace in the roof of the hotel, with two sun loungers, and a table & chairs that would comfortably seat 6 if needed. what a place to watch the sunset from. breakfast was excellent (pastries not great tho everything else was good). We had eaten lunch here before many years ago and had had a memorable meal so were very much looking forward to our dinner. unfortunately, we were disappointed with our dinner on the first night but sometimes you just choose the wrong thing. our mains and desserts were disappointing so we dined out the rest of our stay. there is so much choice in Ronda we were never disappointed again. we stayed 3 nights and i would go back again for 5.

Unique Quality: Stunning location over Tajo
    Beautiful sunsets
    Refreshing pool
    Stunning duplex rooms
    Great town centre location yet beautifully quiet in Tajo view rooms

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

This one might actually be worth it!

If you are looking for 'location', I think it would be difficult to top the Parador de Ronda! Situated beside both the 120-m deep El Tajo Gorge where the Gualalevin River cuts the city of Ronda in half, as well as on the cliff-face formed by the distant Guadiaro River, views from the rooms must be awesome! In the 2nd photo, note the size of the hotel guest with the white shirt beside the trees as he takes in the view.

My DK travel book says that "Parador is an old Spanish word for a lodging place for travellers of respectable rank. In the late 1920s a national network of state-run hotels called Paradors was established. Many of them are conveted castles, palaces or monasteries, although some have been purpose-built in strategic tourist locations. All offer a high degree of comfort and service and have restaurants in which regional cuisine is served."

Unique Quality: This parador was formerly Ronda's town hall and retains that exterior architectural style. However, the interior has been extensively re-done and it features first-class rooms with all the amenities, as well as an outdoor swimming pool located beside its cliffs (great for those 40 C summer days!). As per the original intensions, Parador de Ronda serves meals that reflect the local customs, including dishes such as stewed partridge, roast kid and cold garlic soup plus many other selections.

We did not actually stay at the parador but, on checking the rate (out of curiosity) for upcoming December 2009, I was quoted 205 Euros per night for a double room, meals extra - but it was already fully booked!

Directions: Between Ronda's bullring and the New Bridge

• jac_n_chic's Profile Photo

nice room good view

small room
    good view
    we spend 2 nights of our honeymoon here and we could have had a bigger room - we were a bit squashed!

Unique Quality: good views of the gorge, bridges and the millions of tourists who wander past the hotel

• lomi's Profile Photo

A romantic place

Like most Paradors this one is a refurbished old Spanish building. This is an old town hall (ayuntamiento).

I stayed in the Parador on 13th February when we got married in Gibraltar, we were given room 13, which is a king size ensuite with a terrace overlooking the countryside!

Rooms so spacious you could hold a bullfight in there.

Great restaurant and swimming pool.

Unique Quality: It was a large room with the addition of two big squashy sofas, a big square wooden coffee table, a mini-bar and a bottle of champagne!

We toasted our future from the balcony.

More about Parador

Paradors of Spain

by gardenglenn about Ronda Parador

Ask for a view of the Gorge. Fantastic, accomodationa. First class. Quality soaps, bedding, nice porch with over looks gorge and farm land. In room coffee pot... Just nice. Parking lot for the car is 15 E a day.

Wonderful Location

by TripAdvisor Member personwales

The location of this parador is fantastic. It really is the best spot in town.

The rooms and the hotel facilities are excellent.

We stayed at the parador for several nights on half board. The food was excellent and the dining room had great views. However the menu did not really change - perhaps one dish was changed per night.

pretty!

by TripAdvisor Member missfifi42

I think our hotel room costs something like $250 in the summer. We got it for 115 euros. We reserved it over the phone, and the woman gave us the over 65 senior discount (I'm 20 and my dad is 50) without asking our age. She didn't tell us about the discount, just said that was the lowest rate she could offer (which it is). The room was soooo spacious, gorgeous, clean, well-decorated. The couches are a little shabby, but comfortable. Our view was amazing. Right overlooking the gorge and the bridge. I think it was called a "superior" room. We were here for Christmas eve, and the concierge said all the restaurants in town would be closed (we made some calls - they were) so we ate the hotel Christmas dinner that cost 115 euros for two people (yes, dinner cost as much as the hotel). It was 7 courses, very interesting, but not all delicious. Sea urchin soup? Umm...no. Odd texture. Some of the dinner was very good, though. The breakfast was AWESOME! sooooooooooo delicious. Included in the price of our room. Charming town. Lots of shoe shopping.

Absolutely Stunning

I can honestly say that this is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen ,if you like your views and being away from the typical tourist traps then this is the place for you. The hotel was beautiful with a lovely swimming pool directly looking out over the cliff face.Extremely recommended!

Excellent Hotel - Some Comments

by TripAdvisor Member KWUK

Just back from a two night stay in this excellent hotel. I would strongly recommend it to you. Rooms, service, breakfasts, dinner, location - all v good. Private parking underneath the hotel. We were lucky with room allocation and had fantastic view overlooking gorge & bridge. We booked superior double and requested highest available floor with view of gorge. Room 223 was what we got - amazing on too many counts to mention. The best three rooms for gorge and bridge view are 221 (the best aspect of all), 223 and 222. Rooms 221 & 223 are on corners and have double patio-doors onto wrap-around rooftop-outside terrace 'the size of a tennis court'. 222 has the same view, but (only !!!) a 'half-court' terrace. An amusing modern twist when you first arrive on the landing outside these rooms - dare you walk directly across the glass floor over the two storey drop right down to reception area ? And yes - there was a certain 'aroma' from the gorge by late pm even in April - but you ignore that when you stand there 'open-mouthed' taking in the view.

Parador de RondaParador de Ronda

Bedroom in Parador de RondaBedroom in Parador de Ronda

Parador de Ronda perched above El Tajo gorgeParador de Ronda perched above El Tajo gorge

Renting a car IN Ronda, Spain

by ssfromss

We are 5 people traveling from Sevilla to Granada. We want to rent a car IN Ronda to drive down to Jubrique for a couple of days in September. It looks like AutoRonda doesn't have a car quite big enough and I can't find any solid information on Rent-a Car-Velasco or Plinoscar, both of which come up on Google as being in Ronda. Does anyone have any experience or ideas.

It's too far down to Malaga and we don't want to have to loop back to Sevilla.
thanks
SSfromSS

by dino335

I suggest that you pick up a car in Seville and drive to Ronda. You will have the choice of all the major and budget companies and you can drop off car in Granada. Might cost more than you planned, but probably worth it. Still must be cheaper for five people than taking public transport from Seville to Ronda and Ronda to Granada. (It's not clear what your the route is)

by ssfromss

Dino...thanks for the reply on renting in Seville and traveling to Granada, but we actually like riding on Spanish trains and buses...getting there half the fun, etc. Let me know if you come up w/ more ideas.
SSfromSS

by puerto_lover

Sorry but I don't know the Ronda car rental people but if you contacted the tourism people maybe they can help? Email on the web site: http://www.turismoderonda.es
On the tourism web site they show a bus timetable. A bus Mon-Fri from Ronda to Jubrique taking 2 hours costing €3.89 leaving at 1.30pm !

Comments