Mariano Soubiron 8, Ronda, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 65% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ronda

Sign for the TermasSign for the Termas

Scattered large boulders as we approach RondaScattered large boulders as we approach Ronda

Old Ronda view from Puente NuevoOld Ronda view from Puente Nuevo

RondaRonda

Polvorones

by pgcrocker

Loved my trip to Spain in June,09. But am haunted by the fabulous cookies I purchased at a small shop in Rhonda. I believe the cookies were made by nuns and some research leads me to believe they were Polvorones. I found a recipe on the internet but have not been successful in re-creating those melt in your mouth pieces of heaven. Does anyone have a recipe and/or suggestion for making these cookies? (short of returning to Rhonda and buying more)!Thanks Renee

by chopchi

www.tienda.com
is your answer!I have tried making them too but not the same! I think it's the shortening! I discovered them in the town of Tordesillas (near Salamanca) where people line up at a tiny bakerey and buy boxes & boxes to take home as gifts!

by venoquine

by jumpingwithnorman

Hello... The Philippines was under Spanish rule way back when so a lot of their customs/foods/language spilled over into Filipino life. There's a delicacy called Polvorones that the Philippines also makes. They're basically shortbread cookies and the ones that Goldilock's Bkery makes comes in different flavors: original or with toasted rice, ube (purple yam), etc. There is a Goldilocks in San Jose, CA (north of where you are) so if you're in the area, you might want to check it out. You could also get most Spanish foodstuff on line at www.tienda.com

Travel Tips for Ronda

About Ronda 1

by Carnation

Whilst staying in Gibraltar I decided to take a trip to Ronda with a guided tour group. The coach trip alone was a hair-raising experience! Up the winding narrow road we drove high up into the mountains to our destination. For the most part, the mountainous road was very narrow and the scenic view was incredible. One thing I remember was, that we passed alongside many lemon groves and they looked so pretty along the roadside.

About Ronda 2

by Carnation

This is the classic rural landscape of Andalucía, where the hills are dotted with villages. In the springtime, orange, almond and cherry blossoms create blankets of white amongst the vineyards, wheat fields and olive groves in the valleys.

Our breakfast

by Christianne

We were on our way to Sevilla which means that the spare time to explore Ronda was very limited.In addition, we needed to have breakfast. Radmilo was starving which made us to make a quick round and to search for some coffee shop for coffee and breakfast.
On the photo, Radmilo, who couldn't wait to have breakfast.

The even older - Moorish Bridge

by sandysmith

Yes there is yet another bridge in Ronda - The Moorish Bridge, sometimes mistakenly called the Roman Bridge. The bridge seen today looks neither Moorish or Roman as it has undergone several repairs due to flooding of the River Guadelevín - 19th century pictures shown the river to be much deeper and had rowing boats navigating it - not possible now with its diversion for irrigation and domestic use. Its a simple single arched bridge and from the vantage point of this Moorish Bridge you get great views of the Old Bridge.

A 300 foot drop

by bugalugs

If you walk along the Taja (cliff) and an area called the paradour which then leads round to your first real view of the bridge there are spectacular views.
However looking back I realised where I had been standing with a lot of trepidation I might add, was actually a bit of concrete stuck out from the cliff side, yikes!!!!
Click to enlarge the pic and see the spot I am referring to.
There was a lovely old fashioned bandstand there as well, shame it was spoilt by the soft drink adverts.

Comments