Apartamentos Las Cruces

More about Sevilla

Pabellón MudéjarPabellón Mudéjar

Seville - SpainSeville - Spain

LockersLockers

A 'mob' surges toward us beside the garden wallA 'mob' surges toward us beside the garden wall

Can you hire a car?

by lantana17

Is it possible to hire a driver to take you from Granada to Ronda?
And then hire a driver in Ronda to take you to Ronda to Seville?
How much do you think this would cost?
My family member who I am travelling with does not want to take the train, bus or rent a car.

Re: Can you hire a car?

by Birgie

You know as for a professional driver and company that does that I am not sure but I can almost guarantee it will not be cheap. You can always get a taxi to take you whereever you want, it's very expensive, probably cheaper to fly from city to city!

Anyway, if you do that, make sure and double sure the price is firm before you let them start out. I had a taxi driver pull a fast one on me last time. I was going to Granada from Almeria, my daughter and I had been very sick and could finally travel, I was on my way to the bus station and the taxi driver asked me where I was going from there and I told him. He suggested he drive me all the way to Granada because he had a friend he wanted to visit there anyway, so he would give me a discount. It seemed like a great stroke of luck! But...sorry, he was a jerk taking advantage of a tourist.

I speak fluent Spanish and he also spoke English, so I know what he offered was 100 euros for the trip. I even checked my wallet to see if I had that much, which seemed a lot anyway, but since my daughter and I were still a bit weak, saving us the hassle and time made it seem worth it. Anyway, once we were on the highway, he got weird, starting asking me uncomfortable personal questions in English and Spanish so my daughter understood, he threatened my 8 year old daughter for trying to stick up for me and I was so shaken by the time we got to Granada, when he asked for 160 euros, insisting that THAT was the price I agreed on, I gave it to him just to get away!!! Sorry if I sounded like a wimp, I was seriously intimidated at the time, people like that catch you off guard purposely so that's why they can get away with it, I mean he followed me into the hotel, found out my room number and tried to hug and kiss me, ugggghhhh!! It's public transportation for me next time!!

Actually we are renting a car this time, it's cheap and I think you should try to talk your family member into that! I would rather let someone else drive but...the flexibility of having a car I think will be worth it (as long as you don't go to a big city where the car parking will be costly).

Travel Tips for Sevilla

My favorite thing of Sevilla...

by Rissa

My favorite thing of Sevilla was the Flamenco Dance.
I love it and now take classes for myself in the US.
Sevilla is a wonderful city of culture and friendly people. The rich culture was my fondest memeory of Sevilla.

Triana Bridge

by Carmela71

This is called Triana Bridge or Bridge of Isabel II. Here you can see a detail at the entrance of the bridge from Triana part.

We began our tour on the previous oen and finsihed Triana through this one, but whatever you do, do not miss it.

Tipping

by kucha

Don't overtip in Spain! A service charge is often built into the bills in Spain and waiters do not expect the 15% to 20% that is customary in many parts of the world. A few coins and a "gracias" for good service at the end of a meal or drink is fine in most places.

Smoke

by betis1

Spaniards smoke everywhere and you'll still see the occasional fool smoking in the department store. Be prepared to inhale second hand smoke. And I've never seen anyone, anywhere ask the person next to them to please put out their cigarette, except once in a movie theatre about 10 years ago. And hey, you shouldn't smoke there.

The Island of Cartuja

by deeper_blue

I didn't actually go, but the pictures I have seen of the bridges look spectacular by night.
The island houses both gothic and renaissance styles and you can visit the Carthusian order of Saint Mary of the Caves.

Comments