Don Paco

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Don Paco

I stayed in several hotels...

by Luis_Alberto

I stayed in several hotels while I was in Spain, the first one I stayed in Madrid, was called Hotel Regente, this was a very comfortable three stars hotel very centrally located, we stayed there for about seven nights. Afterwards we took a tour around Southern Spain and Portugal for nine days, and we stayed in different hotels, like Hotel R. Condor in Granada, Hotel Don Paco in Sevilla. When we return to Madrid, we stayed at Hotel Italia, in the Gran Via,30.
Anywhere between $40.00 to $70.00 a night, at that time. We also stayed at a nice 'Parador de Turismo' in a small town in Andalucia, these places are quite popular and nice throughout Spain.

The counterThe counter

Sevilla Santa Cruz old townSevilla Santa Cruz old town

Columbus's TombColumbus's Tomb

Don't know what that white line is - a ghost?Don't know what that white line is - a ghost?

Restaurants

by jcourtnellsmith

My wife and I will be in Sevilla on her next birthday. We will be staying in a hotel in Plaza Jerónimo de Córdoba and we would like to know if there are good restaurants within walking distance. We are both around 70 years of age so nothing too strenuous please. How expensive are taxis in Sevilla ?

by oriettaIT

I was in Sevilla last december and we had a great experiente at Restarant La Cueva. It is in Santa Cruz district and I checked google maps for you, it would be around 15 minutes walking from your hotel. We had there a very good Paella and a couple of beer for around 50 euros that was well worthy. It have a nice and interesting decor and in my opionion would be good for a nice celebration. You can see some picture of the dining room and the decor here http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/3df43/2/.
Taxi in Sevilla are resonabled priced, we spent 23 euro for a nigth transfer to the airport and 5-7 euro for short ride in the center (like it would be from your hotel to the restaurant.
Enjoy yout stay, Sevilla is a great place.
oh if I can suggest you a nice and almost inexpensive flamenco show, consider La casa de la Memoria (more here http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/3df43/5/) it is run by a association that try to preserve the local tradition. We went on a weekend and had a great hour of good music and dance show.

by puerto_lover

Maybe the oldest tavern in Seville EL RINCONCILLO would be interesting? I have not dined but had Tapas but think they have a restaurant upstairs- take a look at the web site and because it is so close to your lodging why don't you take a close look when you arrive ?

bear in mind that most Spanish people will go out for a meal in the evening quite late so do not expect to have places serving meals until at least 8.30 to 9 pm.

You have a large Tablao or Show for Flamenco not too far away from your lodging called El Palacio Andaluz --- http://www.elpalacioandaluz.com/ --- and maybe you can just go for the show or have some food? I have never been to this venue but as it is nearest to your place then you could think of it ?

Taxis are not very expensive and they are Metered.

by jcourtnellsmith

Thanks for the information

Travel Tips for Sevilla

There is beautiful architecture everywhere!

by inthegarden

There are many different kinds of architectural wonders. The Cathedral (pictured below) is a must see. It is said that the tomb of Christopher Columbus is in this Cathedral. It is one of Europe's largest Cathedrals. There is also a fascinating mosque right behind the Cathedral. There are many other old, beautiful buildings that I can't even remember the names of.

The Guadalquivir river

by tompt

In the days of the Roman Empire, the Guadalquivir river becomes important as a means of marine transport, it was navigable from the Atlantic Ocean to the interior of Andalusia, or the port of Seville. Later the Muslims were impressed by its greatness and called it Guadalquivir.
In the 17th century the port lost its importance. And the river sanded.
For the 1992 worldfair the river was restored in its old splendor.
Today you can make boattrips along the river, starting from the Torre del Oro.

Praying

by Mahieu

I was in Barcelona and Madrid before, but Sevilla was actually the most religious city of Spain I visited. There is an enormous amount of churches, in which you can find all day long people praying.
I would really like to experience the Semana Santa, the highlight of the religious festivals to see what Sevilla is about during that week.

Of course the religious aspect is just a part of the culture, Sevilla is a lot more than this!

Keep your Rucksack Safe -- Keep your kit Dry

by into-thin-air

If you are travelling Anywhere and using a Rucksack / Backpack as your luggage then I would Strongly recommend that you use some form of Rucksack / Backpack Pro-tector !!
This tip is from my own personal experience, as I have had Big Problems having my Rucksack damaged or even destroyed by airlines, particularly on Airport Carousels,
What can happen is that one of the straps can drop in-between the lats on the moving Carousel and then as your Rucksack goes around a corner, the strap gets ripped off, I lost the entire back and carrying system from one of my rucksacks !! You Definitely don't want this to happen, Especially on the way out to start walking your Camino !!
As The Rucksack Pro-Tector has the second function as a water-resistant liner for your rucksack. It is a particularly useful piece of kit for Camino walking, Other rucksack protectors leave you with the problem of having to carry it around with you for the walk with no useful function !! I have tried many of the Rucksack / Backpack Protectors that are available on the market and was disappointed with how they performed, So after having many problems with these decided to design and manufacture my own.
Full details of how this came about are written up on my Nepal page.Also, after successfully designing, producing and selling the Rucksack Pro-tector for several years, I have now introduced some new lines such as a Pro-Tector Travel Wallet and a Pro-Tector Document / Valuables Travel Pouch.
If you think that any of the above would be of benefit for yourself on your own travels then please take a look at my web-site at . Pro-Tector%L

Keep your Rucksack Safe -- Keep your kit Dry