El Bulli Hotel - Hacienda Benazuza

Virgen De Las Nievas s/n, Sanlucar la Mayor, Andalusia, 41800, Spain

Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Otel.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• JessH's Profile Photo

The best holidays are free!

Yes, I admit it: My boyfriend and I are the kind of people you may hate because they *always* win competitions. Well, living in Dubai we have so many opportunities to enter into competitions & raffle draws. It's not our fault!!!
    And so it came to be that we were having dinner at one of our favourite restaurants (Seville's in Dubai), entered a competition and won 3 days/2 nights plus flight on Lufthansa!

The history of the Hacienda Benazuza, an ancient Moorish farmhouse built in the 11th century, is closely linked to those who have owned it throughout the centuries, such as the Counts of Benazuza, the Order of St James or the Pablo-Romero cattle-raising family. In 2000, the owners formed an association with El Bulli for the technical-gastronomic operations.

We packed our bags & headed off 2 weeks before Christmas. Admittedly, weatherwise this is not the best season to visit Spain, but it was lovely nonetheless. Overly-ripe oranges still hung on trees all around the grounds smelling wonderful, and the constant refreshing rainshowers were a welcome change for us from living in the desert!

In this "low season" we were actually the only people staying at the hotel and had the attention of the entire staff for ourselves, so someone always had time for a chat while we were sipping our hot chocolate with brandy (Single Malt Whisky for John) and smoking cigars in their "smoking & riders chamber", filled with reminders of Seville's proud horse-breeding & cattle-raising days.
    The hotel's architecture is the famous mix of Spanish & Moorish styles, with bold colours & beautiful courtyards and gardens. It was also strange for us to see palmtrees in Spain... how unexpectefd!

All in all, I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford to go there again, but if you have the cash and are looking for a truly unique experience, I recommend it!

Unique Quality: We stayed in a "regular" room, which was magnificent with a huuuuge bed and lovely bathroom with old-fashioned bath tub and gold-plated taps (that comfortably seats two... ;-)
    We were also given a tour of the hotel by one of the chamber maids, and saw the luxury suites... now THIS is the LIFE! "Extremely posh, darlings!"

More about El Bulli Hotel - Hacienda Benazuza

Hacienda Benazuza

by Art_Girl about Hacienda Benazuza

Alex, the waiter. I loved the tasting menu that was served throughout the meal. On it were about 10 items from Sloe Gin Fizz Cocktail to Parmesean Ice Cream. All wonderful.

Andalusia - an exotic cultural blend

by JessH

"Relax and endulge in Seville"

What struck me the most about Seville has to be the architecture.

Living in Dubai, we have seen our share of twirly-Arabic-over the top architecture, but in Seville the mix between European chic and Moorish grandness really works beautifully. The history of the city can be read off its walls, towers and streets.

We didn't see much of the town as we only stayed for 3 days and it rained most of the time, but I can imagine just walking around the city is enough sight-seeing in itself!

"Oranges, oranges, everywhere oranges!"

"Put your feet up and relaaaaax..."

Relaxing on the HUGE bed at the famous Hacienda Benazuza.

GREAT Restaurants in Sevilla

by barryad

Anybody have recommendations? Price is no object...
Thanks.

by ellielou

You may want to try your search here http://www.chowhound.com/boards/intl/intl.html
if you don't get the answer you're looking for from other VTers....

by worldinabag

Hola

We ate a good seafood meal here - http://www.restaurantelacueva.net. Lovely plaza in the atmospheric Barrio de Santa Cruz district.

Adios

RE: RE: GREAT Restaurants in Sevilla

by Carmela71

Hi,

My favorite place is called Corral del Agua at Santa Cruz Neighborough, close to the alcazar and the gardens. If you go during the good weather 8so you can eat at the patio) it is very nice. I was impressed for the food also.

Is better to book in advance as when we arrived the first time I was full and we had to leave it for another day.

Carmen

by Siguiriya

To be honest, to all my friends I always say "don't eat in the barrio Santa Cruz". My humble opinion is that there are far better places to eat a little further from the tourist neighbourhood. Try the barrio El Arenal (just cross the road oposite the Cathedral) or the barrio Macarena. I prefer the bars to the "restaurants", for they are more typically andalusian. But if you really want to do something top, leave the city and look for the Hotel Hacienda Benazuza in Sanlucar la Mayor. It is the Andalusian sister of the world famous restaurant El Bulli (Rosas). It's not cheap but it's whoooow!!!! Check out their site www.elbullihotel.com. Enjoy.

by gaelles

a very good and class restaurant (not cheap, but considering the quality, not expensive either. around 50 euros without the wine, i think) is taberna del alabardero,calle zaragoza, 20. not very far from la maestranza. you need to reserve, i think : 0034 954560637

by Siguiriya

Sorry, almost forgot: La Raza. Near Parque Maria Louisa and Plaza de España, oposite the theatre Lope de Vega.

Comments