Caballerizas, 1, Seville, 41003, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Not fancy - but it did the trick!

I did not mind having to carry our luggage up two floors, especially when I found that our room had a nice roof-top patio table and chair set! The room itself was very basic with its three single-beds and one closet beside the entrance door if you wanted to hang some clothes up. The unfamiliar Spanish air-conditioning unit mounted high up on the wall and operated by a remote control unit took a bit of getting used to, but we finally figured it out after having a bit of a chilly first night!

The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet and the bathroom worked as advertised, so we never had any complaints about this relatively cheap lodging in the heart of Moorish Sevilla!

Unique Quality: I enjoyed having the outside balcony. After our extensive wanderings to see the various sights on our only full day in town, I retired there to sit in the late-afternoon sun as I read a book I had brought with me and sipped on a glass of Spanish red wine! It was great to be able to sit outside with no real noise and to just look up at the distant spires of Iglesia del Salvador off in the distance. Yes I thought, this definitely beats Regina, Canada in winter!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Great location in downtown Sevilla!

We almost got off on the wrong foot when planning our stay in downtown Sevilla! Because of the number of places where we would be staying on this 3-week trip, I started to make myself an itinerary of the details of all the places we had booked. While doing that in early November, 2008 I realized that I had booked us into a 'Hostel Atenas' in GRANADA where we would have just finished touring by then - so be careful about that! Because I caught the mistake quickly, there was no problem to get things sorted out over the internet with both hostels. Since Sue's sister was travelling with us at that stage of our trip, we booked a triple room in Sevilla with three single-beds and an attached toilet/shower for 70 Euros per night (or US$100 at the volatile exchange rate during the world financial crisis) for the three of us.

Unique Quality: Hostel Atenas is a quiet spot yet located in the heart of downtown Sevilla - great for walking to the various nearby attractions, with Casa Pilatos located just a few steps away. It has a tiny parking lot beside its entrance and there was usually only room for a single 'guest' car to stop long enough to unload the luggage on the side of the narrow one-way street running past the hostal (first two photos).

A buzzer beside the front door alerts the front desk to remotely open the steel gate, allowing entrance to a very nicely decorated hallway (3rd photo) that leads to the front desk. Located beside the front desk is a computer terminal that allows internet access at a rate of 1 Euro/hour and not far away is a vending machine that can dispense a few snacks and cool drinks (some of which are alcoholic). There are no lifts (elevators) so you had better be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs yourself (same thing in Granada) depending on whether you are on the Ground, 1st or 2nd floor! No meals are served at the hostel.

Directions: In the old Moorish quarter, several blocks inland from the river but within easy walking distance to all the main attractions of downtown Sevilla

• sourire76's Profile Photo

Good accomodation near the Alfafla plaza

This hostal was very clean no doubt about that. The rooms were simple but nice.
    Its location near the Alfalfa district and next to the Casa Pilatos was very convenient.

But don't expect more than a clean room and a calm place as they were absolutly no services such as a board to exchange informations between travellers or indications to the main attractions.
    The only crew is there to open the doors and answer to basic questions regarding the rooms.

Unique Quality: Clean