Hostal El Duque

More about Sevilla

Palacio MudéjarPalacio Mudéjar

Seville - SpainSeville - Spain

El Faro de TrianaEl Faro de Triana

Paseo de Catalina Ribera beside Murilla parkPaseo de Catalina Ribera beside Murilla park

Is the train ride scenic from Granada to Seville?

by lantana17

Is the train ride scenic from Granada to Seville? I was going to try and make it to Ronda to see the mountains and wild flowers, but I dont think it will work out so I'm wondering what the scenery is like on this route.
Thanks for all the help!

Re: Is the train ride scenic from Granada to Seville?

by puerto_lover

OH golly gosh ! No reply to such a good question from 6 months ago according to my screen. Just in case anybody else is reading this.....
the train from Granada to Seville is about 3 hours and scenic ride with some views of valleys and mountains and olive groves. I prefer the train to the bus which I find very boring and Spanish legs seem to be shorter than mine so the seats are more uncomfortable on the bus.
If you wanted to visit Ronda from Granada, you could always look into taking the train .... it will take about 2 1/2 hours but at least you can experience Ronda. And then if you don't need to stay in Ronda overnight you could take a bus to Seville. All is possible.
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html for times. (The Granada to Algeciras line) and
http://www.losamarillos.es/ for some bus ideas.
Travelling by train and bus is fun in Andalucia !

Travel Tips for Sevilla

Stroll around the city!

by Christianne

Stroll around the city.Speak with the local people. You will soon realize that they are very helpful and hospitable.
I remember the first time I was there, one friend of mine and I, we wanted to go to El Corte Ingles. I asked one old man in the street, he was the only man in the street during the siesta time (fortunately I speak Spanish) how to go there. He explained to me, I expressed my thanks and we started to go to the bus stop.Some metres later, we stopped to discuss. The old man saw us, he thought that probably didn't understand the was to go to El Corte Ingles, he came back to explain to me from the beginning.We really appreciated it!
Don't forget to buy an "abanico" and "castanuelas".
For more information:
Oficinas De Turismos del Ayuntamiento de Sevilla
1. Centro de Informacion de Sevilla
C/ Arjona, 28 (Naves del Barranco)
41001 SEVILLA
Tel: 95 450 56 00
2. Oficina de Turismo
Paseo de las Delicias,9 (Costurero de la Reina)
41012 SEVILLA
Tel: 95 423 44 65

NO8DO

by tompt

NO8DO, something you will see allover Seville. It is the official emblem of the city. The 8 in the middle is a strend of wool (madeja), so it reads: No me ha dejado. This means: She did not abandon me. Alfonso the Wise spoke this words when the city stayed on his side during a conflict with his son Sancho.

Fiesta

by Minstrelette

I happened upon a vibrant little fiesta while in Sevilla. Good food, good music, fun people... One thing that amazed me was that there were young children out at 1:00 in the morning, looking awake and extremely well behaved. Maybe the afternoon siesta helps them stay up until the wee hours without becoming cranky. Another interesting thing I saw that I've never seen before was a carousel with real horses. Animal lovers will probably hate that they do this, but I thought it was neat.

Ahora and Ahora Mismo

by betis1

What does it mean when a bartender or store clerk says he will help you - "ahora, le atiende" - and then walks off? Ahora means now, doesn't it? Sort of. Many times ahora means in just a minute, or your next when I finish what I'm doing. "Ahora mismo", however, means "right now", although sometimes you may have to wait a minute when they say that, too.

Hotel Alfonso XIII

by nicoleken

The Hotel Alfonso XIII was commissioned by the king of Spain in 1928 to be Europe’s most luxurious hotel. It embodies the tradition, hospitality, aesthetic genius, and harmony of life that characterizes Seville. The Alfonso XIII has served royal families, heads of state and innumerable personalities from all over the world.
LOCATION
The hotel is located in the historical city center, near the banks of the Guadalquivir river and only minutes away from the Cathedral, The Plaza de España, the Toro del Oro and the Reales Alcazares. The Santa Justa train station is at 3 km. Jérez de La Frontera at 90 km, Córdoba at 130 km and Granada at 250 km.

ACCOMODATION
Its 146 rooms, including 19 suites are tastefully decorate in Moorish, Castillian and Classic Baroque style. The hotel features non-smoking rooms and 8 "Smart" rooms, equipped with modem and fax connections.

This building, now a Hotel of the best class is very impressing !

Comments