C/ Jeronimo Hernandez 20, Seville, Andalusia, 41003, Spain
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Sevilla

they all look the same to me. This is Sevilla'sthey all look the same to me. This is Sevilla's

Seville - SpainSeville - Spain

My tea and pastriesMy tea and pastries

Large Garden & the Palace of the Duke of AlcalaLarge Garden & the Palace of the Duke of Alcala

Bus or train?

by unaS

Bus or train?

Travelling from Sevilla to Granada:
Both Renfe train and ALSA bus take ~3 hours.
The price difference is negligable...Euro22.70/Euro19.32
Hours of travel equally convenient for me.

Question: Which is to be preferred?
The bus is a 'normal' bus, not a 'supra'.
Does the bus make rest stops on a 3 hour trip?
I ask because I smoke and I am presuming that there is no smoking on the train.
Or perhaps I am wrong - would there still be smoking cars on a regional train?

Do both or either have air-conditioning?
Are the seats more or less equally comfortable?

Anything of special note for the one or the other?

Thanks!

Re: Bus or train?

by Mozumbus

I took intercity trains in Andalucia last month. I preferred bus over trains just because of the price differential as I could book in advance.
Train will be more convenient than bus with some exceptions. There is higher probability that the bus would have couple of stops but its not a compulsion as it varies with timings of the bus. Moreover, its easier to book your bus or change your booking at the last moment in bus thain in train.
If I would have got same fare option, I would have opted for train.
Happy Traveling!

Re: Bus or train?

by puerto_lover

I have used both ways. By bus and train. But I don't smoke. On one bus journey from Seville the driver stopped at a roadside 'venta' for about 10 minutes. Some passengers used the 'venta' facilities and others just had a smoke.
Bus is fine with A.C. and these long distance roads are good in Andalucia.

The train is quite comfortable actually and of course you can move around easily. I should know this but am not 100% certain but think its Non Smoking. I guess some passengers find a way round this by getting to a 'quiet' spot. But personally I like the train also because it arrives in Granada closer to the centre whereas the bus station is a little way out. Did you know that you can get on this train at San Bernardo station in Seville ? If you are staying in the old Barrio Santa Cruz area then this station is actually closer than the main terminal at Santa Justa.

Travel Tips for Sevilla

Love at first sight

by andal13

Guadalquivir riverbank.

Las orillas del Guadlaquivir. I arrived to Sevilla on a winter noon; I asked for a city map at the hotel, and began to walk; I arrived to the riverbank, and I met the mythical Guadalquivir. Walking down the riverbank, I met Torre del Oro, among orange and palm-trees. I kept on walking, and orange trees followed me, showing dozens of golden red oranges!

Llegué a Sevilla en un mediodía invernal; pedí un mapa de la ciudad en el hotel, y comencé a caminar; llegué a las orillas del mítico río Guadalquivir. Caminando a lo largo de la ribera, encontré la Torre del Oro, entre naranjos y palmeras. Seguí caminando, y los naranjos me seguían, exhibiendo docenas de doradas naranjas!!!!

Walls and Towers

by sandysmith

It was the Romans who constructed Sevilla's first city defences but the Moors, the Almoravids, who ruled Andalucia in the 11th and 12th centuries, were responsible for the simple but defensively effective 6km-long walls. Originally there were 166 watchtowers and nine gates, today however only three gates remain: Puerta de Córdoba, Puerta Macarena and Postigo del Aceite. Towers which caa be seen include the Torre de Oro (Golden Tower), by the river, the Torre de Plata (Silver Tower) and the Torre Blanca (White Tower). Pictured here is the Torre de Oro - the inside of which contains a naval museum.

oranges

by tompt

The streets of Seville are lined with orange trees. And at the end of february, when we visited, the oranges were falling to the street.
They look great but we didn't dare to taste them. Later we learned they are collected later and shipped off to make orange marmalade.

The Most Important Event In The Sevilla Calendar

by Krystynn

Semana Santa.

Semana Santa is the Holy Week just before Easter day. You'll be able to catch different processions (as many as 8!) each day with a duration of at least 5 to 13 hours - which includes:

- El Christo (Float of the Christ)
- La Virgen (Float of Virgin Mary)
- La Macarena (lots of music)
- El Silencio (a procession with a sombre serious feel to it).

Day 21

by into-thin-air

Walk to Morille -- 34k -- refugio

Today is the day when you cross the High point of the walk !! We had a great day, sunny and clear and the views were awesome !!

Late lunch stop at San Pedro de Rozados