Hotel Inglatera

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sevilla

Catedral de Santa María de la SedeCatedral de Santa María de la Sede

Fountain in PlazaFountain in Plaza

Tree full of doves.Tree full of doves.

Seville - SpainSeville - Spain

Parking in Seville for a few days

by Torgut

Dear friends,

In two days I will take a flight from Seville airport. I will bring my own car from Portugal and I am looking for the ideal spot to park it. Doesn't need to be near the airport, but it should be at walkable distance from the bus stop to the airport. I am writing you seeking for advice regarding this small problem. I need a place with no parquimeters and basically safe (so the odds of some one having the idea of breaking in or stealing the car are not that high). Do you think you can help with some advice? If yes, please include all detail you can.

Ricardo

by johnincornwall

Am I missing something my friend in saying why dont you just drive up to the airport and park, then walk across the road and get on your flight? It's €12 per day according to this:

By the time you've fiddled about trying to find somewhere, found a bus and worried about it like you are now, €24 euros seems OK to me. About the safest place you could leave it.

by johnincornwall

I see you are away 'a few days', not 2. It's only €9 per day after 4 days. Bargain for us Brits!

by Torgut

Because I feel odd to pay the double per day parking than for each flight.

by cherry_tribal

Hi Torgut !

Maybe you would like to park here in Seville next to the Train Station " Santa Justa " (but not inside of train station ) is not even 10 minutes drive from airport, easy location !!!

Travel Tips for Sevilla

This stage of our Andalusian trip

by Bwana_Brown

Previous to our visit to Sevilla, we had spent two nights in Granada with Sue's sister, where we toured the world-famous Alhambra. We left there for Sevilla late on a Sunday morning and further slowed ourselves down by stopping off in Antequera along the way for a few hours. It was well worth it to enjoy a look at this small and picturesque city as well as the rugged and amazing limestone rock formations of the nearby El Torcal Nature Park. On the map, this diversion was about where the 'orange' road from Torremolinos (Malaga) comes up from the coast and meets our inland highway.

As can be seen on the terrain map, the countryside from there to Sevilla is in a wide river valley and is not nearly as dramatic as the coastal and Granada areas we had seen so far in the trip, but it was still interesting just to see the differences! After our two nights in Sevilla, we headed straight south for our next stop on the Atlantic Ocean coast, just across Bahia de Cadiz from the city of Cadiz. This city rose to prominance as a result of Sevilla's Guadalhivir River to the Atlantic gradually silting up - eventually forcing the development of an ocean port on the coast there instead of the previous direct shipping route to Sevilla.

The Weather in Sevilla

by Redang

Sevilla is extremely hot in Summer, so, I recommend to avoid those months. In Winter, the weather is quite mild (at least when I went, Jan. '09), however, heavy rains can show up all of a sudden (as they did during my stay), so, check the Weather before you go.

Sevilla Tip

by ctv881

Sevilla is special for me as i was living (9 years) and studying my degree there. So, I´ve got a lot of memories.

Perhaps, the fondest memories are:

The happiness of people. They work to live.
The beauty of Santa Cruz District.
A very intense Nightlife.
The atmosphere of the city when Semana Santa and Feria holidays. Unique in world.
The image of Gold Tower seen from one of the several bridges of the City.
Arabic spirit of its arquitecture.

Funny bills

by tini58de

In quite a few tapas bars we noticed that the waiters wrote your bills on the counter! They added to it, when you ordered more, they wiped it out and wrote a new sum there and when you left, they would wipe it out completely - and get ready for the next guests! In the picture you see our bill at the Bodega Santa Cruz (the 1.10 € is for that last beer....).

Packing List

by Kay_C

Pack light. Don't carry a lot of bags, especially if you have rented a car and are staying in the Barrio de Santa Cruz as the parking lots are few and far between. I also learned not to use a lock on my suitcase - the airline lost my luggage and rather than delivering it to my hotel as they said they would, I had to go to the airport to unlock the lock so customs could check it - which took about 5 seconds. Comfortable shoes are a must. The streets resemble cobblestone and could be killer for heels.

Comments