Calle Lope de Rueda 7-9, Seville, Andalusia, 41004, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

difficult to find but near everything

It´s not easy to find the hotel. It´s located in the heart of the Santa Cruz district, and all narrow roads are so similar. I found myself pushing a suitcase up and down on a rainy day, completely lost.
    My room was in front of a restaurant and it was very noisy. The hotel is not bad at all, the breakfast is very good, there is an interesting lobby, we can use the internet for free and the staff is very kind.

Directions: Santa Cruz district

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

HIDDEN ENTRANCE

The hotel is in the Santa Cruz neighborhood, and you need to walk the last few corners after getting out of a taxi; but it is easy enough if you have luggage that can be wheeled; otherwise get the hotel to help retrieve your bags for you. People at Reception were always pleasant and helpful.

As you can see from the photos, Hotel Murillo has original features such as ornate wooden ceilings, antique objects and suits of armour. There is a library, and Wi-Fi is free in public areas.

24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Rooms/Facilities for Disabled Guests, Elevator, Safety Deposit Box, Heating, Luggage Storage, All Public and Private spaces non-smoking, Airconditioning

Daily buffet breakfast is served in the dining room downstairs and is reasonable, but I would not say extensive. There are other restaurants nearby within a couple mins walk, if desired.

The rooms are adequate; and have a TV, but NO English channels; which I was disappointed about, as I was travelling alone and quite enjoy relaxing in the evening to catch up on the news and possibly a movie, so I occupied myself by taking my computer down to the area next to Reception, where WIFI was free.

Unique Quality: They have a rooftop terrace for viewing the sunset over the city, [see photo #5] while enjoying a drink and possibly appetizers! which are reasonably priced.

Very well situated near the Cathedral and Alcazar Palace.

• mcbeal_ally's Profile Photo

Loved it!

Murillo Hotel is located in the heart of the Seville's most historic district, Santa Cruz.
    It offers any guest a great platform to explore the city with major sights such as the Cathedral, Alcazar Palace and Giralda Tower all only a short walk away. The decor in there is lovely and the rooms were clean and spacious.
    The reception staff very helpful and friendly
    Very tasty breakfast.
    I was enjoyed stay in this hotel and can recommend you it !

• enjoytravelling's Profile Photo

Great price and location

Unique Quality: We stayed in this hotel for two nights, on February 16th and 17th, 2007. The hotel is centrally located in the Santa Cruz quarter, very close to the Cathedral and La Giralda, not accessible by car (although car gets you just a one minut short walk from the hotel), since the streets are really narrow in this area.
    Rooms are quite spacious and are clean. They have colour TV, hairdryer and a small terrace in some cases with views to the quarter.
    Breakfast is an interesting buffet.
    I would defenitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I come back to Seville. Very good relation quality-price.

Directions: Barrio de Santa Cruz

• Great Location

Hotel Murillo is located in a narrow street (not accessible by car) in Barrio Santa Cruz near cathedral and Real Alcazar. Taxi from the airport cost €23 and stopped just a few minutes walk away
    The hotel has been completely renovated (still some work going on in reception when we visited in Sept 2006 but did not disrupt our stay).
    For the 2* rating this hotel offers good value - rooms reasonable size, clean and modern amenities include air condioning, tv and hairdryer.
    The service was good, most staff speak English and were helpful with queries. Breakfast is buffet style and served in area downstairs from reception. There is a lift.
    We enjoyed our 4 day stay in Sevilla, this location is ideal - get out and about early for best photo opportunities before the hoards of "day trippers" directed by flag waving guides start filling the narrow streets.
    Would stay here again and certainly recommend to travellers who want a basic clean place to stay in a wonderful location at reasonable cost.

Unique Quality: Location - in the heart of Santa Cruz barrio, short walk from cathedral and Giraldo tower (can be seen from 4th floor rooms)

Good basic facilities

Despite extensive renovation of this building some of original features maintained.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Hotel & apartments at Santa Cruz distric

Maybe not as cheap as the previous one, but sited on the very Santa Cruz distric, lots of restaurants and souvenirs shops around.

An apartment for 3 people is 73 euros per night. The apartment was brand new from 2004 (the hotel outide looks older, but is really good for a 2 stars you can get double rooms from 50 euros)

the best the location, the only con, was that we had to park the car in a nearby garage and is 15 euros per 24 hours, also we had to walk about 5-10 minutes with the luggage around the distric as there is no chance to get the car nearby (without getting lost of course)

• todd813's Profile Photo

Great location, family size apartments

24 hour hotel desk open nearby, as close as it gets to what you are coming to Seville to see and do.

Unique Quality: Great location.

Directions: http://www.hotelmurillo.com/plano.htm

• Polly74's Profile Photo

Very downtown

This hotel is in the ancient part of the city and it's only reachable by foot...then don't carry heavy luggage!!!
    Despite of its nice lobby, the room was small and the air conditioning was stopped in the middle of the night. And no possibility to open the windows!!!!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Murillo

This 2 star hotel is located in the heart of Barrio Santa Cruz, in the heart of the old town.

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very happy with the location, though not so happy with the room. The bed was very uncomfortable and the bathroom was pretty dirty....

Would probably not stay here again, but would stay in this area.

Unique Quality: The lobby area where breakfast is served is very interesting.

Directions: Directions provided by the hotel:
    "From Railway Station take taxi. Drop you at ""Plaza de Santa Cruz"", only 50 meters away from our door. We are at the back of Flamenco Los Gallos. Taxi cost about 8 or 10 Euros"

More about Hotel Murillo

A Fun Little Hotel in Sevilla

by Paul2001 about The Hotel Murillo

It is hard to explain but I did like this hotel. I stayed here four nights while in Sevilla and thoroughly enjoyed myself here. This probably because I found that the reception and staff were so welcoming. Also the hotel was located right in the heart of the Santa Cruz district of Sevilla. It is an easy walk from here to all of the major sights in Sevilla. There are also so fine bars and restaurants nearby.
The Hotel Murillo is named after the acclaimed Spanish artist who lived in a house just behind the hotel. Today it is a museum which I did not visit. The hotel has rather interesting decor with suits of armor and would carvings in the lobby and a bar with leather clad antique furniture. It tries very hard with some success to look like medieval Spain.
On the downside, the rooms, though clean, left much to be desired in terms of atmosphere. They were simply functional.

What a Treasure Hotel Murillo Apts/and its Staff.....

The Staff here was more than exceptional, they all became our friends. We were here for our son's wedding and other family stayed here as well. The rooms were extremely nice and comfortable. Everything was clean and equiped with more than the typical hotels in U.S. The hotel offered everything from a delicious continental breakfast to having your laundry sent out for you...The location of this hotel is the very BEST in all of Sevilla. It is perfect for all of your sight seeing adventures and enjoying the locals. Any and all requests we had for the staff,were met and carried out better than we imagined. What a great value as well. What you get here for your $ is amazing...This Hotel and it's Staff are fantastic and a great fine!.. The Hotel staff advised us on where and what to do, to the point that we couldn't possibly see all there is to do in this beautiful city.... So we will be returning at least yearly for quite sometime. We look forward to our next trip when we will see and do more of this wonderful, friendly and quaint city... Coming from our home in Las Vegas, believe me when I tell you, we know what great rooms and acomodations should be and this Hotel has the BEST!!!!! Just ENJOY !!!!

terrible

A shabby hotel which should be better once refurbished - don't whatever you do book through Octopustravel - they did not tell us this hotel was being refurbished - I only wish I had looked on this site first!

Lobby of Hotel Murillo in SevillaLobby of Hotel Murillo in Sevilla

Accomodation in Sevilla

by hortonm

Hi All...I am looking to stay at either the Hotel Murillo or the Hostal Museo in Sevilla this August for a couple of nights. Could anyone comment on these 2 places or suggest another? Looking at 40 - 50 Euros a night for double room

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Accomodation in Sevilla

by Paul2001

I stayed at the Hotel Murillo way back in 1994. On the good side it has great location being close to the main sights of Sevilla and to many restaurants and bars. The decor of the lobby is lots of fun too if over the top a wee bit. I one problem was that the room I stayed in was a little worn and small. However it was clean and most singles are rather small where ever you stay. I only paid about $46.00 CDN so I thought it was a good deal.

Comments