4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• booloukas's Profile Photo

Enjoyed our stay

We really liked it here, staff very helpful and accomodating. Champagne in our room for a birthday and front desk very helpful with our requests.

We stayed on the 2nd floor and were very happy with our room, pool looked lovely and even in Oct was hot enough to swim.

Would def recommend, we loved the location, only a short walk to restaurants etc, approx 8/10 minutes away

Lovely place

• ctv881's Profile Photo

Depending on your economical...

Depending on your economical possibilities, the offer is large and wide-ranging.

Hotels:

Atenas

More about Las Casas Del Rey De Baeza

Simply wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member 24palo

Yes, Las Casas del Rey de Baeza has some quirks and I am very hard to please, but we were absolutely delighted with our choice to stay here. Love, love, love the staff. Loved breakfast and dinner. Food quality is very high. As a matter of fact, I could go on and on raving about dinner in the restaurant – it's exceptional. We ate dinner there twice in 3 days, even though I had a long list of tapas restaurants I wanted to try.

We had a double superior on the 2nd floor. Since previous reviews indicated that some rooms can be dark, I asked for a brighter room when calling to book. However, the room we received was rather dark, with one window facing the interior courtyard.

Even so, it was a very large room and beautifully designed (my pics don’t translate) with granite (?) flooring. I had considered booking a suite, glad I did not. Huge, modern bathroom. The entire hotel is wonderfully sophisticated but simple and comfortable at the same time. Perhaps casually elegant. Design – 5 stars, absolutely.

We can’t say enough good things about the warm and friendly staff. One of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed in. You can ask them for anything really. The dining staff does speak limited English, but we welcomed the chance to put my husband’s own very limited Spanish to use. We were not sure how to order our meat “medium rare” and in one instance, it did come out too red. But in retrospect, we could have gone to the front desk to ask them to translate (it’s a 30 second walk to the desk) and I know they would have been more than happy to help. I don’t know why we didn’t think to do it. Otherwise, ordering in the restaurant was fine because again, the staff is charming and receptive. I should mention (for you die-hards) that my husband asked for coffee once and did not receive it. He had to give a reminder, so it’s not perfect service. And you may have to seat yourself when you come in, because the waitress is in the back room. Over our 4 day stay, we found the staff was always working hard, always busy, and even if they are not immediately on hand, you will receive their full attention once you are within eyesight. They are dependable and eager to please (which goes a long way for me).

Booking: I originally planned to book online, but reservations mentioned through email that a double superior (195 euros) is not listed as an option on their website, so I called in the reservation. They were very responsive to all email enquiries.

Breakfast: Quite fabulous! Pastries, breads, meats, frittata, salsa, 4 different choices of fresh fruit juice (coconut, pear/tangerine, strawberry, etc) cheese, fresh sliced fruit, yogurt served in clay pots. You can also order from the menu at no extra cost. Plenty of choices. 15 euros per person. If memory serves, breakfast is open until 11:30.

Dinner: Wow! Everything was tasty and fresh, but I especially adored the ravioli. If you like pasta, it’s a must. A nice surprise was the complimentary starter. Presentation is just beautiful. The restaurant can be a little cold (in January).

Room Service Menu: Try the pear salad, it’s lovely.

Bathroom: We found the first morning that the shower head was a hand-held, which was disappointing as I never take baths. Later that day, we asked for a room with an overhead shower, but the hotel was full. The desk staff, however, was wonderful about assuring us that they would make an adjustment. Maintenance quickly installed a device to secure the shower head to the wall and all was well. Bath products are plentiful including rice shampoo, cinnamon conditioner, face soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste (miniscule size), hair dryer, slippers, bathrobes.

Amenities: You can sign out movies/cds from the front desk free of charge. Computer/free internet in the lounge.

Location: We found most of Seville hard to navigate. You can walk to everything from the hotel but be prepared for twists and turns and though the map provided by the hotel may have clearly labeled streets, the streets themselves are sometimes another story. The historic center is definitely within easy walking distance. If only we could have jumped over some buildings to get there, it would have been much quicker.

Taxi: We were charged 30 euros from the airport midday, but ended up paying 3 euros extra because the driver didn’t have proper change. I have to say, I wasn’t prepared for that trick. On the way back to the airport on Sunday, the hotel prebooked the taxi for us. The driver charged 25 euros. The ride is less than 15 minutes.

Las Casas del Rey de Baeza is extremely customer service-oriented and a credit to the hotel industry. We can’t recommend it highly enough.

Great but... be careful!!

by TripAdvisor Member arwen-danae

I've just returned form my trip to Seville, this time I stayed at the Hotel de Rey de Baeza for 3 days. I had booked a room for single occupancy, but i had specifically asked for a quiet room with good lightning. Well, the latter was rather impossible since, as another member noted, only bigger / superior rooms have balconies.
On the whole, the hotel has very beautiful aesthetic, is nicely decorated, in a style which is very traditional and minimalistic at the same time, yet makes you feel quite at home. Patios are nice, public places are wonderful. Also, people are very helpful and polite, and the bed and pillows are heaven to sleep in!! Breakfast is nice (not worth the 14 and something Euro, but anyway...) and room service is good too (lovely pizza!).
Things you should be careful about though:
1. Noise - it seems that a new wing in the hotel is under construction, so if you are planning to go there soon be warned: there is a lot of noise from the works currently carried out during the whole day (even on a Sunday). Also, apart from that, the walls seem to be quite thin, I could hear people talking, coming and going, taking shower etc. all around me, I could even hear people diving in the pool above! [I was in room 43]
2. If you are not willing to pay a lot, in order to get a superior room, you will end up with a standard room, with a nice but small (for 2 people) bed with one small window facing one of the patios. I paid around 160 Euro for a room for single occupancy, which seemed a rather absurd price considering the room I got.
3. CD and DVDs are NOT placed in all rooms, despite what they say in their web-site. I asked them about that, and they just said OK we will put a DVD in your room (CD of course was out of the question, and where would they put it anyway, since the room is not that big). It seemed however that the DVD was not working, and after looking at the SCART connection, I saw that the SCART cable was falling apart.... I notified the reception immediately, and they sent someone up to check, who told me that they would bring another cable the next day. Also, the DVD remote control was not working (batteries have not been changed).
4. Things do not happen automatically: people at the reception are extremely polite and responsive BUT you have to follow up on your request all the time. For example, in my case the next day no one has come to replace the SCART cable so I had to request again for someone to come.

To sum up, this is an extremely beautiful hotel, but I think it is quite overpriced, since in order to be very satisfied with your room, you have to be travelling with one more person at least, ask for a specific room and spend a small fortune for a few days. Really, I'm not very sure my 3-days stay there was worth the 500 Euro I paid....

Building work

by TripAdvisor Member cgardnerOxford

I have just returned from Seville where I had booked 2 nights at this hotel. The booking was made in early spring and I asked for a light, bright room as it was for a birthday/anniversary treat. On arrival, we were told that our room was not available as building work was still going on. We were offered a poky ground floor room as dark as a cell with builders hammering and drilling next door. After hours of negotiation, no other room could be found so we left to find accommodation elsewhere. We had not been advised in advance about building works and no-one seemed to know when it would be finished (they told us it was overrunning). Anyone thinking of booking this hotel in the near future should get some assurances first. On a positive note, it looks as though it will be beautiful when finished but the competence of the staff to deal with disgruntled customers leaves much to be desired.

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member nickkeat

Stayed when it was just so hot. The hotel was a lovely oassis. The staff were so so helpful. It's nice to find somewhere you bags are taken to your room for you. Stayed for two days left and drove to Zafra (look it up, you'll love it)! And returnd for two more nights and even had a small bottle of wine waiting for us!

As for been dark, naturally its a bit cooler.

Expensive, I suppose so but crumbs this is Seville surly one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world, treat yourself.

Planning a few days over Christmas there.

What a great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Arnospel

What a great small hotel in the heart of the old city of Seville! The hotel was a mansion converted to a hotel and under new management for the last couple of years. We stayed for five nights and the hotel provided a roll away bed for our adult daughter for two of the nights at no additional charge. The room was larger than average as was the bathroom and very clean. The furnishings are tastefully done. The hotel is decorated very nicely and the hightligt for us was several sitting rooms and a study where people could sit in comfortable chairs and read, or talk or access the computer (free of charge) while overlooking several beautiful courtyards. The staff was excellent and friendly and took care of all of our requests quickly and pleasantly. And, finally the food was quite good. We have not had a better hotel experience in Europe and the cost was around 180 euros. A great deal.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ChippyBrady

Stayed here for 4 nights in October. Really liked this hotel, it has a very relaxed, easy-going feel about it. It looks great, good location and we found the staff friendly abd helpful.
Our room was spacious but a little dark and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We wanted to take it home!!!!
Overall a very nice hotel.

Poor value in an inconvenient neighborhood

by TripAdvisor Member wistyone

For some reason, this hotel makes it into all the books. It is an overpriced hotel (for Seville) in an inconvenient neighborhood. We were there for 4 nights. For 177 Euros, we were given a very dark, dreary and stuffy small room and ugly small bathroom which needed repairs and a paint job.We were told this is the standard room for the price.We were offered the option of an equally dark room on the ground floor adjacent to the breakfast area,where we would have had no privacy. On the second day we were offered a better room for 50 plus Euros more, which we turned down.
The decor in the public areas is imaginative.The staff was charming and friendly, but inexperienced and unprofessional. The hotel is not within walking distance of the important sites. It is about an 8 minute walk from the very nice shopping streets. The surrounding neighborhood is unattractive and there was considerable noisy construction. My husband and I travel to Europe twice a year and consider ourselves seasoned and flexible travellers. We would certainly not recommend this hotel.

Sevilla

by jodijjack

"Overview: Sevilla"

Overview

Despite having wasted so much time with the Europcar disaster, Sevilla was amazing. It is a very expensive city, but it is incredible. The centre city is beautiful. The architecture, tapas restaurants, pubs, and people are all exactly what one might expect from Spain, yet the only place you’ll find it in all of its glory.

Transportation There and Away:

From Marrakech, we took a couchette, or an overnight train to Tangiers. From Tangiers, we had an option… to take a 35-minute ferry to Tarifa, a hippy, kiteboarding seaside town known for its beauty, or go to Algeciras, a seaside ditch; an ugly port town, known for skeevy con artists and thieves. Europcar is located in Algeciras, and since we had prebooked, and prepaid for 10 days, we went there. Long story short, they were closed; Europcar sucks; Europcar never provided us with a car; Europcar stole our money; so, our transportation to Sevilla was via bus that 45 minutes after departure passed through Tarifa. ARGH!

Eating:

El Rinconcillo

We stumbled upon Spain’s oldest tapas bar. It didn’t look like much, but it was crowded, and people were having a great time. We walked in, feeling slightly like we had just walked into someone’s home. Everyone knew everyone. Initially, our waiter was inattentive and curt… but somehow, at some time, the night transformed, and we became one of them. Everyone was laughing and singing, and eating and drinking. I have never felt quite like that before. People were open, and friendly and inclusive. Suddenly being spit on in Algeciras, and ripped off by Europcar was far from our minds. We were in paradise, and we were loving it. Just as we thought it couldn’t get better, the patron of the pub, and Italian opera singer entered, and started performing at the tables. People were excited and cheering, and in awe. They were quick to tell us that he was very famous in Andalucia, and that we were very fortunate to be experiencing this. Fortunate we were. I have travelled all over the world, and had many experienced, but this moment is a moment that will remain clear and vivid in my memory, and always stand out as one of my happiest moments.

Sleeping:

Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza

This hotel was nice. The common spaces were very "Spanish", quaint, and special. The location was great, as it was in el centro, and close to everything, most importantly, just down the road from El Rinconcillo. The rooms, however, were really nothing special. Once inside the room, we could have been pretty much anywhere. It was nice, don't get me wrong. It just didn't have any character. Sevilla is an expensive city, and accommodation is no exception. It just makes me cringe to pay this much, and not have an experience to match.

Quick Facts:

Still looking.

Sevilla Highlights

El Rinconcillo

The owner / opera singer at El Rinconcillo

The café where we had awesome desert and café con leche while looking out over the plaza

Sevilla Lowlights

The cost of being in Sevilla

The mediocity of Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza