Sevilla Hotels

Our Members Say

• Benito1234 profile photo Benito1234

EsApartments: Luxury apartments in Seville

Hello!!!

I have just been travelling in Seville and I found a very good accommodation I wanted to share with you. They are luxury apartments for rent in the city of Seville.

These apartments are comfortable and very well located and they are perfect for leisure stays or for business trips. My experience was great!!

Check the webpage and tell me what you think!

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 3, 2013

• Maymuna profile photo Maymuna
  • Reviews: 25

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal La Gloria: Hostel Downtown

This is right in the city center, so you have virtually all the sights within walking distance. The main shopping area is about a minute from here. The airport bus ends at the station Plaza de Armas which is less than ten minutes walking. So the location of this place could not be better. The price is also very good for such a great location.
I booked a room without a shower, but the room I ended up getting was right across the bathroom. Unfortunately, there were a few times where the water was cold. Also, you won't get a lot of water out of the shower. Something about the pressure is just not right, but I have encountered this problem in Spain before. The bathroom was not very clean, but it wasn't so horrible that I couldn't take it.
The walls are extremely thin. You can hear everything, and there was one guy (I believe he was part of the staff, but am not 100% sure) who was very loud and would talk all night to I don't know who. He also seemed to have used the bathroom to smoke in it and then throw the cigarettes in the toilet without flushing.
The worst problem for me was that they didn't have any heat, and at night it would still get quite cold. I was lucky enough to have been put in a double room (for the price of a single), so I took the blanket from the spare bed and wasn't as cold any more, but it seems as if they are more accustomed to having guests in the summer where this, of course, wouldn't be an issue.
Overall, I knew I was only going to be there for a week, was in a great location and had a really cheap room, so I could deal with the bathroom and the cold. However, I'm sure it's possible to find a slightly better place at a similar price.

Great location, downtown.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 6, 2013

Hotel Inglaterra: Great hotel location

I've often looked at this hotel and thought that it had a fab location, but that it would be a bit too expensive. Luckily I found a special rate online, which made staying here a great reasonable option.

The location is great (and it's just around the corner from my favourite restaurant - Zelai).

The hotel has traditional decor, but was clean and looked very nice.

The staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written November 6, 2011

Room 112 Hotel Inglaterra

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Don Paco: Seventie's - tastic - love it!!!

When we go to Sevilla we often stay here (Especially in the summer - because of the pool!)

It's handy for us as we can get the bus from outside the train station which drop you at the Plaza Ponce de León, just across the road from the hotel.

The public areas have a very pleasing seventies 'look' - which makes me smile :-)

The rooms are less Seventies than the public areas - very comfortable, good showers and the bidet is very useful for cooling beers (Ice and beers can be bought in the Mas supermarket - next to the hotel :-) )

The pool is a god send in the summer - and is a nice place to spend a bit of time.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written July 7, 2011

Relaxing by the pool

Hotel Maestranza: Great spot to stay in the centre

I like this hotel because:

- It's cheap
- It's very central
- It has nice polite staff
- It has everything you need (Good bed, Good shower, air con. TV)

The unique quality it has is that it is cheap and central. Watch out though as the rate does change from season to season...

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 7, 2011

• painterdave profile photo painterdave
  • Reviews: 658

Hotel Patio De Las Cruces: Great Budget Hotel/3 Star/Convenient

43 Euros gets you a clean, affordable, safe, room in the medieval section of Sevilla, called Barrio de Santa Cruz. This is a 8 minute walk to the cathedral area. If you are arriving from the airport or train bus, you are 10 minutes away.
The men who run this hotel try their best to help meet your needs. They arranged a taxi for us at 4:00 am and walked us through the small street to make sure we were at the pick up spot. They are always at the desk 24-7, and with their limited English and Italian we were able to communicate. The hotel has an inner garden area and all the rooms are connected to this., They have a computer for internet use. There is no breakfast included.
The rooms is cleaned everyday with clean towels, etc. There is a television in the room. We had room number three which has a window overlooking the Tres Cruces plaza, which is small but quiet. We heard few noises from other rooms, and the bed was fairly comfortable for a three star hotel.
see my article on tapas for the best place near this hotel, actually the best we found.
I would stay here again.

Close to everything, yet more quiet.
Owners make an effort to help.
Heater in winter, AC in summer.
Since they don't serve breakfast, you can walk to the cathedral area or to a local bar and have a churro for breakfast. That is if you like fried doughnuts. Well,.....there is always Starbucks--two of the on corners at the cathedral. ha ha

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written December 15, 2010

inner garden of hotel

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3557

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HOTEL MONTECARLO: IT'S GOOD

Ok. How did I find this place? Well I was driving a car and most places were booked or had no parking except at private parking lots wanting 19-30 Euros a night. I found the Montecarlo when I parked at a parking meter on a small, but busy road. Parking was free at night and only about 1 Euro an hour during business hours. So I was in there. I did pay 70 Euros for a severely average single room, but it was in a good location. Overall the Montecarlo is clean, nice looking, has efficient rooms and is virtually a straight walk to the Cathedral. It is also on the doorstep of a pedestrianised area for dinning and shopping.

The staff were cheerful. That’s about it. Breakfast was not included and cost an absolute fortune. I ate at Starbucks cheaper with a huge coffee. My bed was firm. The room was small. Having said that – it was quiet. Very quiet. There is an excellent Pub almost straight across and some good restaurants nearby. This is near the Hostel neighbourhood without the hassle.

It’s OK. Average given its higher price. I stayed there during the low season. During high season this place is overpriced.

Want to stay here? It’s up to you.

In my opinion – do not drive to Seville. Take public transport and stay somewhere cheaper.

* Great location
* Cheap on-street parking
* Fine for overstaying your parking time limit - less than 5 Euros!

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written October 23, 2009

• tini58de profile photo tini58de
  • Reviews: 2509

Apartment in Barrio Santa Cruz

In the past couple of years we have tried to find apartments in those cities where we would spend more than just one or two nights. Through www.SOL.com we found this apartment (called Mezquita 1), which is in the very heart of the historic center of Sevilla. It is in a pedestrian zone, so there is no traffic noise (but believe me, pedestrians can make quite a bit of noise as well!)

The apartment is on the first floor and consists of a living/dining room, a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.

The longer we stayed in Sevilla, the more we loved the location, so we would always try to find a place in Santa Cruz again!!!

What we liked best - apart from the splendid location - were the many books that we could see in the pictures, and really, the apartment is stuffed with books!!! Hahaha, unfortunately we had too much sightseeing to do, so we did not get to look at the books all that much. The apartment was clean and nicely decorated, so we felt right at home!

Writing this tip and looking at the website again, I am quite surprised, because within these few weeks prices have gone up considerably!!! We did pay 70 €/night for the apartment and that was a great money for value!

Communications were through email with SOL, but only by telephone with Joseph, the landlord. He is Maltese, so his English is perfect - what a relief!! Other than that he is a rather shortspoken person, but he is correct and well organized - and that is the main thing.

• Written October 4, 2008
Tip Photo

• fairy_dust profile photo fairy_dust
  • Reviews: 697

Sevilla Urbany Hostel: A Youth Hostel

I only stayed one night before heading off to my host family's place. I arrived late at night and left in the morning so I couldn't spend much time, but I liked it. They have 24-hour reception and security lockers so it was safe. The dorms were clean and the showers were good. Also, the staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was included in the price. It was a little expensive but for a good safe place, it was worth the price.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written July 3, 2007

• MikaInParis profile photo MikaInParis
  • Reviews: 4

Oasis Hostel Sevilla: Cool hpstel in Sevilla

Really nice place, great facilities, staff and people. That totally makes up for little problems like having to cross one dorm to get to another. Probably the most fun hostel I've ever stayed in -- and I've stayed in quite a few. And you need a fun hostel if you're going to Andalucía in the summer - certain times of day are simply too hot to stay out, so you're bound to spend at least a little time in the hostel meeting other travelers. Which is great, because at night, when it's a little less insanely hot, everyone goes out!

Too bad it's a bit difficult to find, but then again everything is hard to find in Sevilla.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written December 27, 2006

• Nicky-IRE profile photo Nicky-IRE
  • Reviews: 21

Hotel Oromana: situated in natural landscape 15km from sevilla

I stayed for 4 days in this hotel and loved the atmosphere. It was built in 1929 for the Expo in Sevilla and is in perfect condition today. It is full of character and placed on an a natural landscape raised up on a hill and surrouded by pine trees and a natural park where you can go for long walks. The hotel also can organise horse riding and golf excursions. It is in the town of Alcala de Guadaira which is 15km from Seville so it is a good idea to have a car with you. Although when we went out at night we took the local bus, which you catch about 20mins walk from the hotel (up hill!!) which costs only 1.20euros and also got a taxi which cost us between 22-26 euros. The breakfast is quite basic and we didn´t get the chance to eat in the restaurant, although the menu looked great. Very friendly service, amazing views, clean, comfortable. I will definitely repeat. It´s also nice to have a mixture of city sight seeing and country living-sports.

They have a big outdoor pool surrouded by pine trees which is perfect in summer to fight the hot Seville weather.

Amazing views and hills walks, possiblity of horse riding, going to play golf, tennis, and the hotel also organise guided tours of Seville.

The hotel was built in 1929 and keeps intact its regionalist style of the typical andalusian haciendas.

• Written December 15, 2006

• Turska profile photo Turska
  • Reviews: 725

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sevilla5,Rioja apartments: Very nice stay,cheaper than a hotel!

We found this place on internet.We have been starting to use more rented apartments than hotels.We think it´s much more comfortable.And usually you get it cheaper than a hotel in same area.Of course there´s no breakfast or so on,but I think it´s fun to go shop everything for breakfast.We also used the washingmachine,and didn´t need so much clothes to take with us.This apartment was near Santa Cruz-area,allmost there even.It was 5 minutes walk to the Giralda,and next to El Corte Inlesias.We tought first,it would be expensive place to buy breakfastneeds,but its was guite cheap.We had a long balcony where we liked to sit for a while(and for a glas of cava..) before went to sleep at night.

Place was allmost perfect.if you are shopping-person,I think you´ll like it even more!We wound best restaurants to eat at night behind the Giralda,so maybe it could have been even coser,but otherwise it was perfect for sightseeing-and shopping too.Best of all,it was quite cheap.When we stayed 7 nights,it became 45euros for night.Hotelrooms in same area were about 60 euros cheapest.And it was worth every euro!They rent it from 2 days to months.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written September 23, 2006

• gogo23 profile photo gogo23
  • Reviews: 1

PISO CORAL: Shared flats in Seville

Just got back from my trip and the flat was as descriped.
The service of this website is very good and helpful although with other type of information.
They offer also other type of accommodation like hostels and Host families in Seville for reasonable prices.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written September 6, 2006

• EuroTravelling profile photo EuroTravelling

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Doña Pepa: Pretty bad hostel

I have stayed in many hostels and guest houses around the world, including some pretty bad ones in Asia. Though the Hostal Doña Pepa in Seville is the worst one by far. Our stay there was terrible and i would advise anyone who even considers staying there to STAY AWAY.

The woman who 'greeted' us was miserable. The showers were cold, the air conditioning seemed to turn off during the hottest part of the day (We were there in June 2006 so it was pretty hot).
The place was also unclean and we returned one evening to find a couple of armies of ants had decided to take over our room.

Our miserable stay was cemented when the very next day we were told in no uncertain terms by that same miserable woman that we could not leave our luggage there (which was just one rucksack) repeatedly stating 'this is my home, no luggage here'. This was made even worse by the fact that our train to Barcelona didn't leave until 10pm that night and we had hired bikes to ride around Seville during our last day there.

From the brochure we were handed at Seville rail station when we arrived we were told to expect a 'typical Sevillian family welcome and stay'. Well if that's typical of a Sevillian family the I would rather stay in the backstreets of war torn Iraq. Don’t make the same mistake as us and get conned into staying at this horrible place. Do your self a favour and walk further into town and find a much better place. Even sleeping rough would be better than parting with your money.

MUY MUY MALA!

Near the train station so you can get the hell out of there

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 21, 2006
Tip Photo

• dustbin profile photo dustbin

Check The Tourist Booth

When I tell my friends that we stayed in hostels through Europe, they said, "Well, how many people did you share a room with?" Well, while there are youth hostels through Europe, there are also hostels or what we would call in the US "motels". These are usually run by a family or people that are friendly. They are secure (well, most of them- do take precautions wherever you stay!), but most of all, they are CHEAP! If you do not have accomodations when you arrive in a city, locate the Tourist information booth usually in the city center or at the train station and ask for a list of hostels. within minutes, you will more than likely have a cozy room with your own shower. I really don't see the need to spend a lot of money on a room when all your going to do there is sleep anyway, right? Oh, and bone up on your Spanish as alot of the hostel owners do not speak íngles.

cheap (go before June - it will be even cheaper!)

• Written January 3, 2006