Vertice Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sevilla

Catedral de Santa María de la SedeCatedral de Santa María de la Sede

Ornate ticket officeOrnate ticket office

The entry to the Ambassadors Room.The entry to the Ambassadors Room.

Narrow streets in the Old City.Narrow streets in the Old City.

Bus from Seville to Jerez De la Frontera - Mornings

by jadedtourist

Hi,

I want to travel from Seville to Jerez on Dec 27th. I have booked a thematic show at the Equestrian school on the 27th. I have booked almost all my train/bus journeys on the net at the RENFE and ALSA sites for my Andalusia trip but am unable to find anything from Seville to Jerez that will get me into Jerez before 10 AM. I did find a train that gets into Jerez at 12 noon but will be too late for my visit to the riding school and museum.

Can someone please help me with morning bus schedules from Seville to Jerez? Many thanks..

by puerto_lover

Jaded --- have you searched on www.renfe.com - you have several trains arriving earlier. One that may be good leaves Santa Justa at 09.05 and arrives into Jerez at 10.15. This is the normal Media Distancia one, very comfortable and it also stops at San Bernardo station which may be easier to reach for you than Santa Justa.

by puerto_lover

A taxi from Jerez station to the Real Escuela takes about 10 minutes - not far really. If you want to walk AND know the way (Jerez can be confusing for the first time visitor) then it may take 30 minutes.
The nearest Bodega (Sherry warehouse) to the Riding show and the Museum is at Sandeman. http://www.sandeman.eu/

by unaS

Last year before my trip, while planning it, I was having problems finding a bus from Sevilla to Jerez d.l. Frontera.

I wrote to the Jerez tourist info office, from their site:

A couple of days later I got a very nice email from them with the complete listing of all the companies and the schedules of each of them - the hours (with prices) - that travel from Sevilla to Jerez de la Frontera.

Strongly recommend using the site if you are planning on travelling to Jerez!

Congratulations to a very useful and successful tourist office site!

There is a photo of the schedule on my Jerez d.l. Frontera transportation tips.

I don't know if you can make it large enough to read. If not write to them directly as I did from their site. Sorry I didn't keep that copy in the original because in the end I did take the train.

The Real Escuela Andaluza Del Arte Ecuestra show is **definitely** worth seeing! You may want to consider travelling to Jerez d.l. Frontera the evening before the show, not to miss it.

by puerto_lover

Una chose the bus and it is quite good also. The bus station at Jerez is next door to the rail station. There are several bus companies from Seville you can use and two are good:

T.G. COMES www.tgcomes.es

LINESUR www.linesur.com (only seems to work with Internet Explorer and even then very quirky! )

but if the trains are working I think it is the nicest way to travel. Personal opinion.

by jadedtourist

Thank you all for your great responses..I did check the RENFE site several times last night and it was only showing me departures past 11 AM..Bizarre..now it shows all the morning trains..

So I'll take the train that gets into Jerez at 10 AM and will be well on time for the visit.

Many Thanks

by unaS

Enjoy!

Travel Tips for Sevilla

Overwhelmed By Sights

by painterdave

If you are here for more than two days, I recommend visiting the Cathedral on one day, and then visiting the Alcazar on a second day. Save your feet, and slow down to a pace more enjoyable, Meanwhile you can walk to the river, cross over and see another neighborhood, walk to the art museum--there is even a small Goya there, shop for a paella pan in an awesome cooking store, or walk to the big square with the fountain and do some people watching. The main idea is not to tire yourself out by standing in long lines and then walking all day. Tomb of Columbus

Don't forget to visit the...

by Raffa

Don't forget to visit the españa square, architect's Anibal González monument
for the universal exhibition of 1929 and continuous with a pleasant walk
through the park of maria luisa, gift of the infanta to the city of Seville.
You will arrive at the square of America.
Neither stop to visit the Fortress, the kings' residence when they come to this
city. The group of Fortress, walls and Cathedral is simply impressive. You can
continue walking toward the Neighborhood of Santa Cruz, old replete Jewish
neighborhood of narrow streets and full with flowers. Visit their typical
taverns and deguste their tapas authentic jewels of the gastronomy in small
dose. If you like wine, you are in a good place. Possibly that that more you can miss leaving this city it is the climate and
the way that have the sevillanos of enjoying the life in the street, with bars
and restaurants guided to the street. He/she also calls the attention the
coloring of houses and streets. Everything seems to be alive. The ' tapas ' are
magnificent, allow you to advise, where you go request the specialty of the
house.
SEE TRAVELOGUE FOR MORE PHOTOS OF PLAZA DE ESPAÑA.

Visit the Alcazar.

by worldkiwi

Visit the Alcazar.
The gardens in Sevilla's Alcazar are like something out of Arabian Nights. They are a pure delight to slip into on a hot afternoon. Don't miss seeing the old water reservoir (called the vaulted baths).

Patience

by betis1

You read this everywhere I'm sure but I'll repeat it. Things go at a slower pace so be prepared to wait at banks, stores, bars, restaurants and tourist offices. Waiters and bartenders generally don't work off tips, and while service is generally good here they also aren't bending over backwards to meet your every need. Yet I've never in my life seen people work harder or faster than they do in some of the bars and restaurants here when things are busy. As for working for tips from my point of view that's great. I can't think of anything I hate more than a waiter trying to find something to chat about when the time for the check nears. I'm here to eat, not to bond with the staff.

cheap expensive things...

by Faracy

bring your own dental floss if you want any,
its really expensive here, and I´ve only found it in farmacias..
lubricant (yes you know what I´m talking about) is REALLY expensive... bring your own if you use it.
If you don´t like strong smelling toiletries.. well this isn´t the place for you.. go to a herbalisteria, they (might) have something a little more tolerable, the same goes for those of you who want organic or cruelty free products.. although the latter is more easily found than the first.
Allergy pills are not a big thing here, I´m glad I brought a mega mega pack of generic claritin with me from the States. You may need them more than you think. I´ll let you know what I find here on this, if you don´t have your own. Still looking for non-drowsy pills.

Comments