Banti Tarifa

N340 km 83.5, Tarifa, 11380, Spain
Banti Tarifa
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Tarifa (Cadiz)

Tarifa harbourTarifa harbour

Finally caught up to wandering herd in the forestFinally caught up to wandering herd in the forest

We loved the colours scattered around the site!We loved the colours scattered around the site!

Tools & various other objects described by numberTools & various other objects described by number

Hostal Alameda

by rhiannon.1209

We stayed at the Hostal Alameda several times in the early - mid nineties.
It was owned and run by a lovely Spanish family but on our last visit we were informed the Father had passed away. We have the most wonderful memories of our stays there. The spanish staff were always curteous and helpful despite any language barriers. The views out to the Atlas mountains are stunning. I found Tarifa to be a delightful relaxing place - noisy yes, but hey the whole of Spain is noisy that's what it's about! Does anyone know who owns the Alameda now? and is the restaurant still underneath the accommodation? I hope to go back soon to the town that has stayed in my heart....

by ranger49

A search on Google quickly confirmed the hostal is still in business.
From a thumbnail size photo on one of the web sites there appears to be a restaurant on the gound floor that is not connected to the Hostal.
There are some reviews of the Hostal on the VT Cadiz/Tarifa Travel Pages - and on other websites.
The hostal has its own smart little web page in a number of different languages.
You should be able to find all of this by typing into Google.
Good Luck.

by rhiannon.1209

Sorry I thought I was posting on the Alameda website which I have already viewed - hence my comments aimed mainly at the critical comments found on there.
I did suspect the Hostal & accommodation had been split at some point since my visit and wondered if that was the case.... thank you for taking the time to try and help ...

by ranger49

No problem ! Thank you for taking the trouble to come back!

by ranger49

Just thought - were you responding to a review on VT from a VT member - if so, click the member's Name, it will take you his/her Homepage and beneath the Photo / icon you will see Email me.
However you need to check if the member is still active on VT and you can do that by looking at the date of Last Log on on their Home page .

by rhiannon.1209

These comments are a reply to some of the critical comments about the Hostal Alameda, but also requesting if anyone knows of the current ownership - it now appears to be part of a group and no longer owned and run by a Spanish family?
I also wondered if the restaurant is still owned and run by the family as it looks like it has been split from the Hostal accommodation above???

Travel Tips for Tarifa (Cadiz)

Dam

by Lalique

The dam which connects the city and Isla de las Palomas separates as well two waters - the waters of Atlantic ocean and the ones of Mediterranean sea....
Atlantic is behind us (we just left it :)) .... Mediterranean is ahead, as seemed to be our love....

Kite surfing

by daarth

I have never done kite surfing myself, but this area is for sure a good place to do it. As you can see on the picture, there are hundreds of kites in the air. This beach just west of Tarifa had a school to learn kiteing, and that's probably a good idea if you haven't done it before.

Surfing etc

by bugalugs

Tarifa is particularly attractive to windsurfers due to its offshore winds, and long white sandy beach. There is also handgliding, kite-surfing and diving. There are lots of places to hire equipment, have courses or just go it alone. Equipment can be bought or hired locally.

Punta Paloma Beach

by Beach_dog

The town of Tarifa has some pleasant beaches, but for the very best head a few kilometers west. Punta Paloma has fastastic stretches of white clean sand and many large sand dunes. It has ample parking space and is very rarely busy. A few small cafes and some campsites are located just behind the beach near the car park.

Wind farms

by Beach_dog

Tarifa is reputedly the windiest spot in Europe. Lining the higher hills around the area are literally hundreds of windmills. I my opinion one of the more pleasant forms of modern progress, I think they are attractive and neccesary, better than seeing coal fired power stations on the skyline, churning out copious amouts of steam and smoke.

Comments