Avenida de los Manantiales 1, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Torremolinos

Monument to Union of Torremolinos and StockportMonument to Union of Torremolinos and Stockport

'cartoon trees''cartoon trees'

Torre de  PimentelTorre de Pimentel

EB with his new Torremolinos pinEB with his new Torremolinos pin

Apartmentos Bajondillo

by CaptainLarry

I've read LoriPori's reviews of the Apartmentos Bajondillo, and it really doesn't matter that much. I WILL be staying there for three weeks in January. But I do have one question I haven't found the answer to yet. I have read that they change the towels daily and sheets twice a week. That's fine, but do they provide wash cloths?

I know that the use of wash cloths in the shower or the bath is predominantly a North American custom, and European hotels seldom provide them unless they are catering specifically to Americans. Since Grand Circle Travel and perhaps some other American touring companies make constant use of the Bajondillos, I thought maybe they have wash cloths. Anybody shed some light on this?

by kathymof

I was there for two weeks with Grand Circle and do not remember wash cloths. I just buy a pack of 12 at Costco and take as many as I need for a trip and toss them as I go along. It is very rare to see them anywhere in Europe.

by leics

Agree.

I've never come across them anywhere on my wanderings (3* accommodation or below) and, to be frank, would not wish to use someone else's anyway (assuming you mean the small towelling squares mentioned above). I take my own, and a plastic bag to take the damp one back home/to the next place.

by virtual786

If you forget to bring your own wash cloths, you can buy a hand towel and cut it up to wash cloth pieces.
I found the answer by someone who said that they wouldn't want to use wash cloths that someone else had used rather intriguing. Does this person take their own towels, too?

by leics

It was me.

And the answer is no, not always.

And yes, it may seem illogical but we are all entitled to our little foibles, are we not?. That's one of mine.

by GibJoe

I have stayed in the Bajondillo Apartments before, and they provide bath towels and smaller hand towels but I did´nt see any ´wash cloths´.

by CaptainLarry

Thanks, folks. I guess I'd better plan to bring my own.

by CaptainLarry

Well, I've been home about a month from our delightful three-week stay at the Bajondillo. And no, there were no wash cloths, face cloths, etc. And I forgot to take my own. So the first day we went to the Mercadona super market and bought a couple of microfibre dish towels, about one Euro fifty for the pair, and used them while showering. Worked great and we just pitched them when we packed for homw.

by SuzanH

not an answer but a further question-does the B apts supply towels for the pool=are they available at the pool, limited to the number you can take?
thankd you

by CaptainLarry

I wish I could give a definitive answer, but the pool was not used at all during our three weeks there. Oh, there was one night when some young, inebriated Englishmen were walking by on the street and came onto the hotel grounds to throw one of their number into the pool. But they didn't have any towels.

My best guess (and it is just that) is that they do have pool towels available. There are storage facilities in close proximity to the pool that probably contain towels as well as lawn furniture.

I hope someone else can answer your question with more confidence.

by GibJoe

I usually take my own beach towel, so I cannot really answer that one, but beach towels can be found relatively cheap everywhere. One thing hotels do not like is having their bathroom towels used in the pool.

Travel Tips for Torremolinos

Safety

by keeweechic

Torremolinos is generally safe, during the height of the tourist season you need to be careful of pickpockets and bag snatchers in the crowded areas. When visiting the beach, leave your valuables back in the hotel to be safe.

BENALMADENA

by LoriPori

Situated just west of Torremolinos, the popular and cosmopolitan tourist area of BENALMADENAwas developed in order to take advantage of its seafront, which houses an attractive harbour and marina.
Located in Andalucia on Spain's Costa del Sol and approximately 12 km west of Malaga, BENALMADENA is easy to reach by road, bus or train.
Benalmadena has three distinct areas:
Benalmadena Pueblo - Old Village
Benalmedena Costa - the beachfront area
Arroyo de la Miel - commercial zone

Benalmadena is one of the best places on the Costa del Col for nightlife. With so many bars, nightclubs shops and restaurants, there is something to suit all tastes.
There are also plenty of things to do for families like the Tivoli World Theme Park. See Penguins and dolphins at Selwo Marina and SeaLife with its touch pools, underwater tunnels and Lost City of Atlantis and which has the biggest shark collection in Europe. Or take a ride in the Cable Car up the 769 metre Monte Calamorro for fabulous views of the coastline.
There is also a Casino at the classy Hotel Torrequebrada.

El Toro Azul

by keeweechic

Right in the heart of Calle San Miguel. The restaurant serves good International cuisine. The fish dishes are fresh and especially good. The serve an inexpensive breakfast of cheese and ham sandwich, croissant and coffee/tea.

Paseo Maritimo - La Roca

by suvanki

La Roca marks the point where Bajondila Beach becomes Playa De La Carihuela

It's quite an attractive point to sit and admire the view over the bays

La Roca is an attractive place for the 4 legged residents too! - Cats of all varieties and colours are to be found lazing on the grassed areas, and even on the rock shelves, and smooth rocks on the beach. Most of these look contented and well fed - Perhaps due to the number of nearby fish restaurants!

The rock cliff side is formed into caves and crevices- look closely and you'll see tiny shells in the surface.

We returned to La Roca a few times during our stay - This would be the location for our VT Winter Warmer Group photo shoot on the Saturday.

Stray cats on a cliff in Torremolinos.

by Regina1965

There are a lot of stray cats in Torremolinos, especially on the cliff dividing the 4 beaches in Torremolinos. As you can see from the pictures they are all over the cliffs, let's feed them as we walk by. There are always some anglers on the Paseo Maritimo and especially one black cat was all over them, waiting for his "catch of the day" and by doing so always crossing people's path...

It is lovely just watching them, and they are all over the place looking for food. In Benalmádena I saw a lot of them in one place eating roasted peanuts which somebody had given them. So if ever you have got peanuts to spare feed them to the stray cats.

I have added more pictures of the cats in a travelogue, being a cat-lover ;)

Comments