Apartamentos Eurosol

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Torremolinos

Another Wooden fishing boatAnother Wooden fishing boat

"Mujeres corriendo por la playa""Mujeres corriendo por la playa"

Bajondillo Beach from Apartment balconyBajondillo Beach from Apartment balcony

EB on a Swiss planeEB on a Swiss plane

Transportation question

by kspzp

How would I get from Torremolinos Center to Marbella? I will be travelling with my 16 year old grand-daughter.The travel company is "dumping" us there, with no way to get to Marbella!!

RE: Transportation question

by Rodriguezmoreno

soy de malaga y te puedo ayudar, pero es muy facil, hay autobuses llamados "portillo" que recorren toda la costa

RE: RE: Transportation question

by puerto_lover

WOW - a Spaniard who could understand 'dumping'. !
That's cool :-)

He says that bus company PORTILLO does a service that will take you from Torremolios bus station to Marbella bus. Costs about 4 euros and about one hour.

Travel Tips for Torremolinos

LIFT - ASCENSOR

by LoriPori

If you are in a hurry or just do not want to walk the 178 steps up to the town center, you can take the LIFT - ASCENSOR.
Schedule of the Elevator from 900 to 2100
Horario del Ascensor de 900 a 2100 horas
Tarifa / Fee 0.50 Euros One way trip - Bajada o Subida
Ascensor a la Playa - Lift to the Beach

RONDA -- PUENTE NUEVO

by LoriPori

Friday, March 23, 2001
Hans and I drove up into the mountains as we wanted to visit the beautiful town of RONDA, which is located north-west of Marbella. We passed through the magnificent Ronda Mountain-range.
Many civilizations formed its history. Several prehistoric findings around Ronda document this region's early history. The most important are CUEVA DE LA PILETA, a cave with splendid wall-paintings.
Its most impressive monument is of course PUENTE NUEVO (the "new bridge") which spans over Tajo River in a height of almost 100 metres. It looks like an old Roman aquaduct, but it was built in the 18th century by architect Jose' Martin de Aldehuela.

Pintxos, an alternative Tapas

by suvanki about Vinoteca El Elefante

Gillybob had chosen this place for our VT meet Saturday lunch, from a review, as it sounded like an authentic place to eat.
Gilly, Sonja and myself went to find it on the Friday. It was a bit further than we'd expected, but once we found it, we all agreed it was worth the 40 minute or so walk - and the walk on Saturday would burn off calories, so guilt free eating!!.

As a Vinoteca, El Elefante has a vast wine cellar, but as Friday was 'Beer Research day' I ordered a small beer- Gilly and Sonja had soft drinks. These were served with a complimentary plate of pintxos, consisting of squares of bread, with a cube of tortilla held by a wooden cocktail stick, the drizzle of flavoured oil was delicious-I think I detected dill and wholegrain mustard.
We had positioned ourselves next to the array of pintxos, and there were some quite unusual dishes-spatchcocked quail, quails eggs on 'black pudding', tortilla, 'russian salad' etc. These were all pierced with a coloured cocktail stick, which indicated the price - the idea being that you order your pintxos, then you present the cocktail sticks, so your bill can be sorted.

I remembered from my previous trip to Bilbao, that pintxos were the traditional small dishes accompanying drinks in the Basque region.

I asked the ?owner about this and she confirmed that these were Basque, and were 'better than tapas' as they were more elaborate dishes, whereas tapas were 'simple snacks'. Well I didn't feel qualified to comment, but was more than happy to do a comparison - all in the name of research of course!
I did remember that the Basque region, particularly San Sebastian is noted for its Gourmet quality dining.

Yes, I was looking forward to Saturday lunch......

Well 22 of us found our way here- complimentary pintxos were placed on our tables- tortilla cubes on bread, meat on bread and paella spoons etc. However, there was some confusion-people were ordering pintxos, but the owner was keeping the cocktail sticks-I think she expected that we'd divide the bill at the end! This would have been confusing-luckily Carmen stepped in and sorted it out-We all paid for what we'd had, then paid each time we ordered.
I ordered 2 rose wines, which didn't appear-I thought that I saw them go to another table, but just ordered again-I found out later that this was what had happened.
There was a special offer of 6 pintxos (orange cocktail sticks) for 9 Euros- This sounded like a good option (pic 4)
Despite the confusion, it all seemed to turn out Ok, and most of us who'd turned up enjoyed eating here - I'd certainly recommend it!

Open Tuesday- Sunday
Visa and Mastercard accepted
Pre-book or turn up
Parties catered for
Seating inside or out

On Facebook too!
Can't find a web site-If anyone can, please let me know!

Paseo Maritimo- Playa de La Carihuela

by suvanki

Playa de la Carihuela is about 2,100 meters long and 40 meters wide, and has darker sand than Playa del Bajondillo.

This beach offers more for the active holiday maker, as it's suitable for windsurfing, sailing, fishing, and volleyball. It's possible to hire equipment here in the summer months.
Showers/ Sun loungers/ beach umbrellas.
Car Parking, nearby.

This stretch of Paseo Maritimo is noted for its fresh fish restaurants, and this is where Gilly and I stopped off for lunch at Restaurante Bar Los Pescadores Playa (Please see my Restaurant tip for more info)

After lunch, we headed up into the old town, leaving the Paseo Maritimo behind for now.....

Plaza de Cantabria to Calle Carmen

by suvanki

Leaving our shelter from the rain, we headed west, dodging the puddles, The architecture was quite interesting, with tiled roofs and tiled pictures (pic 2), we were now in La Carihuela-the former fishing village.

We came across Casa Juan (pic 3) , which was recommended as a good place to eat by our receptionist, apparently it's well known place for locals to eat at. Although we'd tried to get here, we hadn't walked far enough, and had enjoyed a lunch at Los Pescadores instead (see my restaurant tips for more info)

We headed forward along Calle San Cines - there was a tiled street sign here, and a picture of a boat and sailors which had a neon light fitting over it(pic 4)- as it was daytime, this wasn't illuminated.

From Calle San Cines we walked into Calle Carmen (pic 5), a street with many shops, most were closed-Winter/Afternoon, though those that opened onto the Paseo Martimo were open. These were mainly the shops catering to tourists-Souvenirs, pottery etc. There were some leather shops too.

Comments