Aparthotel Aguamarina

C/ El Bajondillo 57, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain

Good For No Data
  • Regina1965's Profile Photo

My third stay at Aguamarina.

I bought a "jump" ticket - and landed again in Aguamarina. This time my room was on the second floor where the indoor swimming pool is located. I got a room with one bedroom and a living room. The view from the balcony was of the house located next to the hotel. And my neighbours had absolutely no view, so it is a lottery whether you get a wonderful sea view or a very bad view.

Apart from the view my stay there was very nice. The cleaning lady cleaned the room 5 days a week (apart from the weekends) and did a very good job. And the staff at the reception was very nice, although they did nothing in response to my complaint that the glass-door to the balcony couldn't be locked on one side. I know of more rooms where the lock is also broken and this is no good as friends of mine got burglered in this hotel last year and had their lap-top stolen. I wrote the management about this problem, this has to be fixed. In 2008 I also had a room with a balcony that couldn't be locked and also that time the reception did not respond to complaints about this. I don't know what their game is regarding this?

The lovely Croatian singer, Alen, only sang once for us, he was supposed to sing in September as well, but the hotel management did not book him for that month, they said the hotel didn't have enough guests. So the only entertainment at Aguamarina was a flamenco show once a week. I wish it were a little bit more lively though as I always seem to end up in this hotel.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

The terrace - solarium at Aguamarina.

The terrace - solarium at Aguamarina is on the 7th floor - roof of the hotel. It is excellent, with sunbeds and parasols, wending machines and a great view! I recommend going there if you want to have some peace and quiet as the area by the swimming pool can get a bit crowded. Only once was there one gentleman there when we visited the roof. I just love the view from there. Just note that you might have to ask the reception to open the terrace as it was closed on several occasion.

I include a picture of the swimming pool as seen from the roof. It is a good swimming pool but take care when walking down the steps of the pool as the bottom all of a sudden becomes very slippery and I saw numerous people lose their footing there.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

The heated indoor swimming pool and gym.

The heated indoor swimming pool at Aguamarina is excellent, I recommend going there after a day at the beach. The water is warm to hot, like sitting in a hot-tub, and the lights in the swimming pool give it an extra charm. The ambience is just great there. There was a Turkish bath by the swimming pool, but we didn't try it, and weren't sure if it was working.

The first time I stayed at Aguamarina I couldn't find the swimming pool and we had to ask where it was this time as it is not easily found. So the swimming pool/gym/massage rooms are on the second floor, just follow the signs where it says "Heated swimming pool" in 4 languages and you will find it. There wasn't anybody at the reception while we went for a swim, and we went there a lot, so you just go in there, take a shower and dive in. By the showers there is a sauna, but we didn't try that either, as we couldn't find out how it worked.
    The gym seemed to be o.k., we tried some, but would much rather hang out in the pool :D

It was open until 19h in the evenings, just the time when one is returning home from the beach.

The massage costs from 35-55 Euros.

See more pictures in a travelogue.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

My second stay at Aguamarina.

I have stayed at Aguamarina on two occasions, for a week in July 2007, see my previous tip, and was not satisfied with the hotel, and then in September/October 2008 for 16 days, and that stay completely changed my opinion of the hotel. This time I got a studio room which was in mint condition, clean and lovely as you can see from the pictures I took. There is a very good air-conditioning and central heating in the room, which is a plus. The TV has got several channels, CNN, BBC-World, German channels and Spanish channels and you pay a deposit of 5 Euros for the remote-control. The safety box inside the closet is 2,5 Euros per day.

The only problems we had were that it was not possible to lock the doors to the balcony, and repeated requests to have this fixed didn't have any results. Apart from that the service at the hotel was excellent.

In some evenings there was flamenco dance and the dancers chose some guests from the audience to participate in the dance. Other evenings there was an excellent singer, Alan from Croatia, who has got a velvet voice, and guests danced in the bar/lounge area. Not to mention Sebastian at the bar, who is a wonderful person. This said I reiterate that this hotel is more directed to the older generation, there is not much activity for children here.

There is Internet connection in the lounge (15 minutes for 1 Euro) and 2 massage chairs, TV room, a bar and down-stairs there is a restaurant. From the ground-floor, almost next to the lifts you can take a lift almost to the city center (see my pictures of the lift in a travelogue, along with other pictures I took inside the hotel and couldn't fit here).

Unique Quality: The hotel has an excellent indoor swimming pool and gym (see my next tip) and a terrace on top of the hotel.

Directions: There is a small children's amusement park on the main street by the beach. Turn right there and right again for Aguamarina. Casa de los Navaja is in the same street.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

A very quiet 3 star-aparthotel, 1st stay.

I stayed for one week in July 2007 at Aguamarina Aparthotel, which belongs to the MS Hoteles chain. The location is good, central, it is only 200 meters from the beach in Torremolinos called Bajondillo, which was clean and beautiful, but we encountered a lot of jelly-fish in the sea during our stay. The hotel has 130 rooms and is a 3 star hotel. There is an Internet connection in the lobby-area for 4 euros an hour. I had an excellent view of the beach and ocean from the balcony. The hotel-lift takes you to from the ground-floor at the hotel to Calle de Las Mercedes which leads you to the center of the old city, so you don't have to take the steps of Calle San Miguel, which is a plus. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool (300 fm2), a restaurant and a bar, but we found it to be way too quiet and children staying there were complaining that there was not much to be done at this hotel. So if you are looking for a really quiet hotel, then this is it!

My room was a bit run down, the kitchenette in particular, things that can easily be repaired had not been taken care of, and the window of the balcony-door had obviously broken, and instead of changing the window they just taped it together, making it unnecessarily shabby (I include a picture). The bath-room was excellent though, very modern. When staying there I had not joined VT so I haven't got pictures from inside the room. What makes your stay excellent or not is to a great extent how you like your hotel, and after having stayed at Sol Principe I would not stay at Aguamarina again.

O.k. I bought a "jump" ticket to Costa del Sol in September 2008 without knowing at which hotel I would be staying. I got Aguamarina! This stay totally changed my view of the hotel, see my next tip.

Directions: There is a small children's amusement park on the main street by the beach. Turn right there and right again and there is the hotel. The beach there is Playa del Bajondillo.

Comments