3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 121% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• balramdass's Profile Photo

Honest review from someone well travelled

From the moment I walked in I felt I made a mistake. I was there with my family for 6 nights on all inclusive package. At night we had a late meal as late arrivals and half the things were cold. The food was far too often repetitive. Sausages seemed well burnt, fish had too many bones in them, curry was too runny, chips didnt taste the same.

Entertainment: Well I only enjoyed one show, maybe 2 during our stay. Had a seperate large room for football matches which was good. broadband was free.

Location: was good, close to airport, bus stop outside. close to motorway.

Staff: We found most of the staff very helpfull.

Hotel: Rooms were tired and needed a bit of a lift. There was "building work" going on during our stay but no mention of it at the time of booking. Generally it was a 3 star hotel but more in between 2 and 3.

I wouldnt say I made a mistake of staying here but if was to stay in the hotel a lot during the day I would have been disappointed but if you intend to go out and about then I would say you maybe ok.

Hope this helps.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Right on the Beach

I went there very suspicious, because the hotel seemed too big and too cheap, suggesting problems with service. No reason for that! We had a perfect stay with the advantage for the men and children that the commercial area is a little bit distant.

Of course, if you are looking for the Spanish "movida" then you better stay everywhere else, where movement and noise are the rule. But if you want to rest, and specially with kids, that's a good place.

Another VTer asked me some additional information, calling my attention for the fact that the hotel is now sold under "all-inclusive" base. So, you better forget the prices I payed.

More about Beach Club Torremolinos

Benalmadena

by benidormone

This is the resort that you will reach if you make a walk along the Torremolinos beach promenade. Especially the yacht harbour is magnificent.

Brill!

I have just been to to the Hotel Beach Club and have had no problem with food or any member of staff, I found the Bar men really nice. The rooms were very clean. And will definatley be going back. If you are going don't worry about the stomach bug because I eat there and never had one problem you will have a wicked time. My younger brother and sister came with us and they were never borded, the best time to go with Kids is in the summer as there are many more outdoor activties.

couln't ask for more

What the hell is everyone moaning about i stayed at the hotel in june 2002 and thought it was the dogs the food was great entertainment was cool and staff were sorted all i can say to the people who booked a holiday in the winter is serves you right you miserable gits go in summer dont slag down a good place just because you low lifes would rather be playing chess or scrabble the holiday is what you make it and i made my holiday the best

fabulous holiday

My family and I stayed at the Beach Club Hotel in November, we had such a wonderful time at the Hotel, we came back again the begining of May2003, we enjoyed our stay very much, we rate the Hotel first class, we will come again. thank you.

Great !

Well, after reading all the other reviews, I was a bit sceptical, BUT DONT BE ! The hotel is great, the staff brilliant, thay can't do enough for you any complaint, they sort it!, Tip, get room overlooking pool & you will get the Sun all day, Brilliant Views overlooking Pool/Sea, beach-cleanest.safest I have seen in years, brilliant, excellent for kids. Snack Bar was Rubbish, they offered what was left over from breakfast in morning(overcooked Sausages & Burnt Bacon), Afternoon Snacks were the same but even more overcooked & Evening after Dinner was cold ham & cheese of tuna sandwiches,which you have to make yourself, make your own toasties, Food Brilliant at Lunchtime all fresh, what is left over they normally re-do and make into another dish in evening, what you eat lunchtime do not eat in evening, (by the way there is no BUG !), At lunch & dinner the Pizza Bar is open and offers choose your own topping pizza's & jacet potatoes & garlic bread (pizza's are Great)there are 3 bars - only you have to have drinks in plastic glasses all day & evening which is disappointing, lager is Cruzcampo tases crap in plastic glasses, Magnum Bar offers Glasses if you drink in evening in the BAR AREA Only, BUT this is the boring bar for the Oldies ! (sorry no offence ment), Most entertainment is outside on the stage by the pool in evening and pretty Good Stuff!! , Childrens Cinema shows Films every night at 9.30pm, kids club is good, face painting etc and trips to beach, Dont do the Excursion from hotel, At bottom of San Miguel Street in Torremolinos is a Travel Agent she does Cheap Trips & exchanges no commision Currency she is excellent. Must do Gibralter Trip but only for Fags & Booze (B&H £7 for 200 & Bells Whisky £5.50 1 litre), Rock tour is good too. Crocodile Park is good, take taxi direct to it from hotel, Long walk down to Torremolinos San Miguel Street but worth it to digest all the food you will be eating, bus stop outside hotel takes you to San Miguel Strgo Malage/Belamedena.Fuengirola etc! Hope whoever reads this finds it useful, Have a Great Holiday Folks ! Enjoy !

I can't understand what all the bad press was about

Hotel was very clean and tidy, cleaners were cleaning main areas all the time. Food was excellent some days and average on other days. There was a choice for everyone. Pizza, jacket potatoe, garlic bread and childrens menu are available in the dining room. Snacks were normally what are leftover but normally there were cakes and biscuits and rolls etc. The evening entertainment was good/average they normally have a show on after the children's eve entertainment and bingo. Thompson Kids club was good, the hotels children's activities seemed good. Various adult actitivities during the day. Would recommend a trip to Tivoli World we got the train there and got a taxi back which cost 10 euros.

Alcoholic Grannies!

This is a very good place for middle aged and old people, who like to get wasted on lethal cocktails and boogie the night away!! We felt a bit out of place, being students, but still had a very good holiday. We highly recommend the pizzas, cheese nuggeths, cod delights, and mysterious long sausage things! Watch out for Paco the barman - what a perv (looks at boobs while your ordering drinks!) although the others were nice. WARNING - if you innocently go and play bingo - BE PREPARED! They do this weird, arms in the air dance thingy, which is very embarrasing, even after 8 cocktails! Having said all that we had a really good time and would definitely go back. Lots of love to the brothers grim and monkey man!

Stayed 15th - 29th June 2003... Excellent Hotel

My wife and I stayed for a fortnight and had a great time there. As has been mentioned by most posters, the cleanliness of the hotel was well maintained - but if you want a lie-in remember to put out your 'do not disturb' sign, as depending on what floor you stay, the cleaners may be about quite early! We found breakfast (full-English always on the menu!) and the evening meal the nicest, whilst lunch was the more repetitive on offer. The staff are all very friendly despite being worked extremely hard, and they can look pretty shattered at times! Few staff at the Magnum Bar ensures that during peak holiday times you will often find yourself queuing for drinks, but we have never experienced anything different at an all-inclusive venue. My wife and I are returning to Spain later in the year, and we will be looking to stay at the Beach Club. Great Hotel, great value for money.

best hol ever

my family have been to the beach club 2 years running and it was the best holiday we have ever had so much that we are going back next year . The staff were very friendly especially at meal times with my kids i couldnt fault the hotel for cleanliness

Comments