Cervantes Hotel Costa Del Sol

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• mediaqueen's Profile Photo

Great hotel great location

I just had 8 nights there it was a really good stay loved having my own little balcony the breakfast choices every morning were really good could not believe the variety. The room was good size had a little fridge although I did not see that the first 2 nights, hidden away the bed was comfortable my only complaint would be the soft pillows. The room was always cleaned and the staff were all nice I was very happy. Great location quick walk from the train and the shops

• Christina1881's Profile Photo

A night at Hotel Cervantes

I normally dont spend a lot of money on hotels - because I prefer living cheap and stay on my journey a few more days - but anyway in August 2005 I had the pleasure of staying at hotel Cervantes which was a great joy.

Unique Quality: The double room we had was really clean, it wasnt big, but we had what we needed, and the huge balcony/terrace infront sure did make up for it.
    One of the things that we really enjoyed was the good food that we had from the restaurant in the evening. There was so much food, and we had to try it all - of course - and it was all so good.

More about Cervantes Hotel Costa Del Sol

definitely not a 4 star

I booked a 3 day break at the Cervantes with three of my friends for a special birthday. White the location was good, very central, not too far to the beach, there's a lift across the road for 0.50 euro, which takes you down and up, the hotel left a lot to be desired. The rooms while adequate were not 4 star standard. The staff not only at reception but thoughout the hotel were unfriendly and made you feel almost unwelcome, even though they rely on guests to have their job. Food was awful, I am not a picky eater but I must say the choice was very limited, no potatoes or veg, just some salad and odd looking pieces of some sort of meat or fish. One of our party is a vegetarian and apart from the salad there was nothing else for her to eat, so we had to eat out during the day and also on the last day. even though we had paid for half board. Do not go here for the food. Breakfast was also a hit and miss affair. The reception, pool area, and bar were nice and spacious and there's a cafeteria, but this only sold the food that was left over from the night before. I love Costa Del Sol but we all agreed we would find a different hotel to stay in next time.

Great Winter Break

by TripAdvisor Member sltWirral

My family of five, ages 21-80, have just returned from a 5day break and have loved this hotel.My parents had stayed here many years ago and fancied going back for old times sake.Being less confident about travel nowadays my husband and I and our daughter joined them.I booked on the internet with travel republic and got a great deal with half board,(even though I had read some poor reviews).We had 3 lovely rooms of a good size, with beautiful bathrooms,and fabulous views.The hotel is in the centre of town with lots of bars and shops and very convenient for airport-about 5mins in taxi.The lift down to the beach level was great -even better on the way up!!The hotel had entertainment on 3 nights at the weekend mostly for the spanish,but we had fun watching and even managed a couple of dances ourselves! The food was the usual array of buffet food,ie,something for eveyone, and the hotel staff were delightful.Book it and enjoy it!!!!

Bad food, poor sunbeds, good location

The food is very repetitive, bad news if you are staying more than a week, veal, hake every night, instant mashed potato, EVERY dish has the same sauce and taste, also this was in the quiet season and food was constantly running out and not replaced so had to wait 10 minutes to get a piece of fish etc, frozen veg and packet instant soup was on offer every day, definetly a 2* for the food. Sun beds around the pool were very uncomfortable with no pads to lay on and there were no umberellas available at all. The tv in the room was the size of a postage stamp, hope you have good eyesight!! No mini bar either in rooms, would not go again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Good for price only, don't expect more

by TripAdvisor Member SATtraveler

Cervantes is in decent location in Torremolinos near Calle San Miguel and train station. Downsides are numerous: 1) air conditioning was "broken" during our stay. I suspect they turn it on when temperature rises later in summer 2) rooftop exercise room advertised doesn't exist 3) safe inside room was "broken" 4) staff can be surly 5) you are billed for full stay as you check in which was a first for me

Upside is a decent, large room at a great price. Fortunately it was cool enough that room was pleasant with door open. Our room had semi-obstructed view of beach. Take the Calle San Miguel to the beach, it has lots of interesting restaurants and shops plus it's less steep than the stairs. We found it on our own as the hotel didn't provide a map or any suggestions.

We found Torremolinos to be a delightful beach resort contrary to review in numerous travel books. There were numerous restaurants offering great food at daily special prices (about 10-12 euro p/p) including dessert and wine. The promenade allows for easy access to beaches. The restaurants on the other side of the rocks are a little more upscale but still reasonable priced.

A bit out of date

by TripAdvisor Member Student123

Stayed there for 7 nights with my friend (we're both 19). Rooms were fine and it was nice to have a balcony. The rest of the hotel however is quite out of date and doesn't really deserve the 4* rating!! Also, the reception staff are incredibly rude! My friend and I kept getting prank phone calls in the middle of the night so we rang reception to ask them to sort it out, only when they realised we were english (their english is pretty poor) they hung up on us!!!! It's almost like the dont expect English people to be staying there even though we booked through an english website.

All other staff are fine and our room was always tidied and cleaned to a very high standard.

It's quite a good location too, there's a lift down to the beach nearby which is really handy.

Breakfast is poor and both my friend and I got quite ill off it one day!!

I wouldn't discourage people from staying here at all as apart from the reception staff we had a very pleasent stay, just dont go there expecting anyone to speak a word of english!!!

One more thing is that this is quite a family orientated hotel, so great for families (and slightly older couples) but not really for two young people looking for people their own age.

Really enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member BeccaGilpin

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a 3 night stay in this hotel, we really enjoyed it. I was a bit sceptical after reading the reviews but I found our stay to be great. The food was good although there was not a lot of choice. The rooms were comfy and clean, what more do people want??? We had a lovely view from our balcony down over the pool and the sea in the distance. Our room was quiet and we could hardly hear any noise from either the pool area or the other rooms. The pool area was also nice again clean with a lifeguard there all day. The bathroom was lovely, the bath was small but it did the job and you don't go to spain to spend the day in the bath!!! All in all this was a great place to stay with a central location and I would recommend this to anybody.....................

Great for Malaga Airport

by TripAdvisor Member sothbees

Perfect for what we wanted. We had an early flight out of Malaga. You are 10 minutes away from the airport(gas stations on the way). Good secure parking lot. decent room. Since we had to leave at 6:30 am they had the breakfast opened early for us. Accomodated all our needs. Great location and we had an interesting stroll through the pedistrianm street the night before we left good prices at the souvenir shops.

Great time

by TripAdvisor Member Welshtotty

My boyfriend and I stayed here Oct 20th - 22nd for a weekend.

We were not too sure what to expect after reading reviews but were pleasantly suprised. The hotel in some parts is a little bit dated, but our room 816 was lovely, clean and up to date, with a huge bed, nice bathroom, and great views over the bay.

The hotel staff are friendly, but please make the effort to speak Spanish to them if you can as i think it makes all the difference!! They love it even if you try and fail!!

There was a good choice for food at both the breakfast and dinner, and we had no complaints.

The best thing about this hotel is the rooftop pool and balcony to sunbathe on, and we were luck yesterday 22nd Oct to have a beautiful day to sunbathe.

All in all i would definately go back to this hotel for a short break, as it was situated in a great spot, right next to main shopping street, and then a short picituresque walk down the old streets to the beach (You can take the lift back up 50 cents!!)

Try the Red Lion for a drink on the way down!!

cervantes and weather

by jayneba

HI IM STAYING AT THE CERVANTES HOTEL IN JANUARY, COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE IN JANUARY AND WHAT IS THE HOTEL LIKE

by ghosthunter

The hotel is OK - about what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. Rooms are spacious & clean . A bit of a hike down to the beach but i doubt you are going for a beach holiday in Jan. Breakfast is pretty much as in any Spanish hotel- If you are used to Bacon & Sausage cooked the British way you will be disappointed . If you are content with croissants, juice & coffee you will be satisfied as there are machines to help yourself. The main shopping area is a 2 minute walk away. If you are arriving by train you will see the hotel about 100 yards in front of you when you emerge from the station. I have styed there twice in January & the weather has been great low - mid 70's. That said sunshine isn't guaranteed in the costa del sol in winter so check the forecast on weather.com ( or similar site ) before leaving home to be on the safe side. Nightlife is pretty non existant in Jan in Torremolinos so you won't be woken up at 4am with chants of England etc etc. Enjoy your trip, Darren.

by jayneba

Thanks for that Darren,

Can you tell me if the train station at Malaga is within walking distance. Im not sure whether to get a taxi to Torremolinos or go on the train. Also will there be some bars, cafes etc open in January?

Thanks,
Jayne

by ghosthunter

If you mean from Malaga Airport the train station is located across the road & is a 5 minute walk from the terminal . You take the lift upstairs to departures ( from arrivals ) & follow the train signs. Approx 1 Euro 15 cents when i last did the trip in July. Buy the ticket from the machine located by the platform - you can change the language to English. No idea how much a taxi would cost but with the closeness of your hotel to the station in Torremolinos i would take the train.
Darren.

by ghosthunter

Sorry i missed your bit about cafes & bars. Yes almost everywhere will be open but quiet. Benalmadena which is just south of Torremolinos is slightly busier & has a wider selection of pubs. Darren.

Comments