Hotel Scandinavia

Carretera Cadiz, 41, Torremolinos, 29620, Spain
Hostal Escandinavia
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Torremolinos

Wooden fishing boat and palmierieWooden fishing boat and palmierie

"Mujeres corriendo por la playa" Inscription"Mujeres corriendo por la playa" Inscription

One of the many cats that inhabit La RocaOne of the many cats that inhabit La Roca

EB enjoying the sunEB enjoying the sun

Nightlife and transportation from Malaga

by numaan

3 questionS:

How do I get from Malaga city centre to torremolinos and how long does it take via the cheapest method (Train?)

2) Does anyone know of any cheap accomodation/Hostels in the centre of Torremolinos town

3) Is it a thriving place mid-march? Is ther emuch club nights/bars/gay nightlife during the week?

Please let me know!

RE: Nightlife and transportation from Malaga

by colincox

I would say take the bus. It leaves from closer to the centre than the train. It is beside the port, on the right as you face the sea. It takes about 40 minutes and is very cheap. The train will also take you into the centre of Torremolinos, but I prefer the bus.
Colin

Travel Tips for Torremolinos

Browse and Eat

by Geoff_Wright

The Calle San Miguel is the main tourist shopping area. This end of the Calle leads down a lovely pedestrian pavement, the CalleCuesta edl Taja/Calle del Peligro, to the seafront. There are loads of shops i the way down (or up!) mostly gift shops.

FUENGIROLA

by LoriPori

Thursday, March 22, 2001
Located south and west of Torremolinos, FUENGIROLA is just a short drive away. Its eight kilometres of coast-line makes it an important tourist resort with nice beaches like Carvajal, Torreblanca del Sol, Los Boliches, La Gaviotes, Santa Amalia and El Castillo.
The beautiful promenade spans practically the entire coast-line of Fuengirola, from the area of Sohail Castle to Santa Fe de los Boliches.
One of the more attractive features of Fuengirola is its port. This is one of the most important suppliers of fresh fish to restaurants in the western area of the Costa del Sol. Actually Hans and I had a lovely dinner in Fuengirola, at the Versalles.
Sohail Castle is Fuengirola's most important monument and was built in the 10th century.

TAKE A COFFEE BREAK

by LoriPori about BAR RESTAURANTE --THE FLYING DUTCHMAN

It is an absolute tradition with us, to stop at THE FLYING DUTCHMAN for a coffee and appelkebok ( Dutch apple pie ) whenever we go on our walks along the Promenada. I know! I know! We do all that walking and then we sit down and have apple pie with, of course slaagrom ( whipped cream ). Naughty! Naughty! But ohhhhh so good. For 2,50 Euro we get a good cup of coffee and a generous portion of delicious apple pie. And we usually slowly sip our coffee while we sit on the terrace and enjoy the wonderful views of the Playa ( Beach ) and people watch. You shouldn't be in a hurry. After all, you are in the Costa del Sol - on vacation! Enjoy! Though we usually just go there for coffee and appelkebok, we have had lunches there too. We usually check out if there is any lunch specials, which there usually is. The waiters are always a lot of fun and Hansi can show off and talk Dutch to them.

Who's A Silly Boy Then?

by Geoff_Wright

This white marble 'statue' suddenly appeared outside Bobbie's Internet Cafe, in the Avenida Jesus Santon Rein. I've seen thes 'statues' before, in England, but they are very realistic. this one, a lady I think, reacted in different ways when you dropped a few cents into her tub. To me she bowed and nodded; to others she actually gave them a little hug.

Playa de la Carihuela.

by Regina1965

The beach on the other side of the cliff is Playa de la Carihuela. It is lovely, the atmosphere changes a bit when crossing the cliff with all the cats. The beaches at La Carihuela are golden and lovely with lots of shells and sea-gulls line up in one spot of the beach. There are pebbles at only one spot at the beach, apart from that the beaches are soft and lovely.

There are lots of cafés and restaurants both on the beach and by the promenade, and myriads of shops and stores, quite a lovely walk. If you take a right turn into the street above the promenade, called Calla Bulto, you will find a lot of shops, some of which are open into the promenade as well. I added a tip on that under "Shopping".

Wherever I am staying, I always head for the La Carihuela beach and hang out in the waves by a palm grove there and collect shells. It is quite lovely and one can walk far into the ocean as it is very shallow.

La Carihuela is famous for its Andalucian sea-food cousine and it is here that the tourist boom began in the 1950s and people like the members of the Rat Pack apparantly frequented La Carihuela.

I added more pictures from La Carihuela in a travelogue. When I plan my trips abroad I want to see as many different pictures as possible beforehand, so that is why I take many pictures and add them in a travelogue and hope they might be of use to other people planning their trip.

Comments