Paseo Colorado 26, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

A fantastic stay at Sol Principito!

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in May 2007 and had a fantastic stay. The hotel is divided in two, Sol Principe and Sol Principite. The room was spacious, a bedroom and a living room, which sleeps 2, and a small kitchen. Although it is a bit outdated, with brown tiles in the bath-room, then it was really clean, a good supply of shampoo and soap, everything was clean and if anything the cleaning ladies came too often. The kitchen was excellent, with every utensil needed in a kitchen, the TV had a lot of stations and an excellent reception. Every day there was a program for the kids in the garden and every night in the garden there was a show for kids and adults alike, which we could watch from the balcony. And excellent shows they were. The theme in the garden and the restaurant on the first floor was Flintstone and co. There is a shopping arcade with a hair-saloon, a jeweller, a gift shop and more, and a good Internet connection next to the arcade. The lobby is spacious and beautifully decorated, really luxurious, and the restaurant is on the first floor next to the lobby and opposite the restaurant is the bar and ball-room, where a singer sang every night and people danced. This is directed more to the older generation vs. the kids' program in the garden. There is a swimming pool in the garden at Sol Principito and another swimming pool in the garden of Sol Principe, both of which are available to all guests. Both gardens have to be opened with the card-key, making it more secure for children. The hotel is located next to the beach, which is clean and really nice. There are 2 convenience-stores really close to the hotel, one of them being Super-Sol and one supermarket, Mercadona.

I would whole-heartedly recommend this hotel to anybody and am definitely going to stay there again.

I have added more pictures of the hotel in a travelogue here.

Unique Quality: Now since I stayed there I visited the hotel when my friends stayed there in June 2009. The swimming pool area is outstanding, they have totally changed it, with big swimming pools, Jacuzzies, and a bar by the swimming pool. It is awesome.

Directions: The hotel is located almost at the furtherst end of the Torremolinos beach, on the Malaga side in between the big blocks of flats, looking like pillars. The beach there is called Playa del Playamar.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT LOCATION

Situated on the sea front, across the road from the Playamar Beach is the SOL PRINCIPE HOTEL. I liked the location as it is near the end of the hotel zone and much quieter than the areas west of it.

Unique Quality: Facilities include 623 hotel rooms. On the premises are three swimming pools - two outdoor and one indoor. There is also a huge dining area, coffe shops. lounge and entertainment room for the nightly shows. The rooms consist of 2 twin beds, satellite TV, full bathroom and balcony. Buffet breakfast daily included. Dinner plans also available.
    In our apartment there was a list of prices for the meals:
    One Buffet breakfast 7.50 Euros
    Special price for 10 breakfasts 68.50 Euros
    Lunch or Dinner Buffet 14.75 Euros
    Special price for 10 meals 130.00 Euros

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

A wonderful Hotel on the edge of Torremolinos

This Hotel was a great Hotel ,we stayed in the appartments in the back where there was a great Pool ,we looked at the Pool from our Balcony . The service was great it was clean and well kept up .we stayed here for 3 weeks and it was well worth it .We had a great time .

Unique Quality: It was not ocean view from our appartment but a nice view of the Pool ,and I seen a huge interest at this Hotel in afternoon games ,there was a game played by older people rolling a ball down a sandy area and I forget the name of this game but it looked like fun.
    Dayly stretch exercises were held each morning .
    This Hotel has a nice area where kids can play .
    So yes I would recomment this Hotel to anyone for a stay here ,the area is quite nice and not too crowded.

Directions: This Hotel was located not too far from the Malaga airport ,you could see the Planes come in and go out of Malaga ,so maybe no more than 10 -15 Km from the airport .

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

TORREMOLINOS' BEST KEPT SECRET

Hans and I absolutely loved this place. The hotel staff were friendly, always smiling and very helpful when we needed some information. The hotel was always buzzing with activity as there was so much to do there. The service was impeccable. The complex consisted of 170 apartments, where we were and the main hotel. There was 2 outdoor swimming pools and an indoor heated pool, 2 coffee shops, disco, T.V. room, card room ,tennis court and entertainment lounge where there was nightly entertainment.

Unique Quality: Our cozy little apartment consisted of a balcony overlooking one of the two outdoor swimming pools, kitchenette , refrigerator, 2 electric burners , microwave and all the utensils needed to make your own meals. It had a double bed and the closets had plenty of space to put your things. Also there was a small eating and sitting area with T.V.

More about Hotel Sol Principe

Ola sol principe

have visted this hotel over past four years on average of at least twice per year august and easter period, last visit easter 2004 will visit again in August 2004 have already booked next easter. Travel with my husband and 14 year old daughter and occassionally with 21 year old and her boyfriend. Hotel is the best complex I have visited on my travels but spoils one from taking chance on visiting any where else. Hotel staff amazing food excellent rooms spotless grounds around pool area well fitted with plenty of sunbeds. Clientelle very mixed with all nationalities this is a great thing. Children and teenagers very well catered for with entertainment and activities and involvment in shows. All seem to mix really well regardless of language barriers. My only problem is that it is rated as 3 star, it most definitely is a minium 4 star compared to other complexes. Well done sol principe.

What a fab Hotel!

Just got back from the Hotel Sol Principe, Torremolinos, May 2004. Had a fantastic time even though we were unlucky with the weather. The staff are friendly and attentive and the hotel is spotlessly clean throughout. The food is the best we have ever experienced and found it far superior to any 4* hotels that we have stayed in.
Entertainment for all ages young and old. Would thoughoughly recommend this hotel and will definatly return!

Thumbs Up for the Sol Principito.

I stayed at the Sol Principito - the apartments on the grounds of the Principe Hotel, for the week before Easter 2004. Apartments were very nice. All the facilities of the Hotel, which are excellent, were available to the people staying in the apartments. This was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. There were plenty of supermarkets nearby. Torremolinos was a 15 min. walk but there was a local bus and taxis outside the front of the Hotel. There was live entertainment every night in the Hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Hotel and Apartments.Also if you are there at Easter don't miss the Processions in Malaga (half hour by local train). They are incredible!

Not for us...sorry!

I travelled here as a teenager with my parents and our friends and we loved the place. I returned 10 years later with my own family and it was just not the place for us. The 2 children were 3 and 1 and we stayed in the apartments (Principito). At first we thought it was a joke when they put us in an apartment right at the furthest end, with no lock on the inner door or balcony door, light switches with wires hanging out, no fridge...just an empty gap with lots of dead cockroaches and a bathroom which obviously had not been serviced for a while.
This is supposed to be a 4* hotel !!! We asked to be moved immediately and we were told they were full. We asked if we could transfer over to a hotel room and we were wiling to pay the difference, but was told this was not possible. Both Skytours and the hotel management staff were not at all accomodating. We spent our first night with the pushchair and a cabinet pushed up against the door and did not wash in the bathroom!!! The next morning we spoke with them again and still they could not move us because it was full, but still they would not put us in the hotel because the rooms would not take 3 beds and a cot, so again we offered to pay for an additional room and they said they did not have one !!!! We arrived on Tuesday, tried to sort it on Wednesday, flew home at our own expense on Thursday.
Would we return.....what do you think !!!!!

Fab break

was very fortunate to be allocated on arrival at the pricipe apartments in may this year. could not have been more pleased as the apartment was very well equiped. the hotel facilities were not to be faulted in any way. the staff were friendly as were the other residents and the flinstone theme for families with small children was fab. all day pool watch and activities for every age were first class. the only complaint i have about the holiday was the weather and that was out of their control or im sure it would have been fab too, i will most certainly be going back this year and can:t wait i would recomend this hotel/apartments to anyone. thanks

brilliant

My mum, dad and brother all stayed here, me and my brother shared a rom and so did my mum and dad, it was the best holiday I have ever been on, the pool was nice, with two to choose from. The food was lovely and the staff wrere friendly and available if there was a problem. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms were cleaned daily. The views from the hotek were spectacluar escpecially where we were with and ocean view

Is this hotel expensif?

by Francisk

I'm googling for ages now to find a great & cheap hotel in Torremolinos (I've never went there!!)

Finally this one sound cool be http://www.zoover.es/shared/video/players/tvtrip.aspx?id=torremolinos-hotels/sol-principe
i wanted to know if this kind of hotel deserve this kind of price, if you see what i mean

I don't want my girlfriend to be disappointed u know

Re: Is this hotel expensif?

by LoriPori

My husband and I have stayed at Sol Principe three times. We have always enjoyed our stay here. The location is excellent, right across the street from the sea and beaches. They have lots of activities and entertainment. The swimming pool areas have recently been updated. We have eaten in their restaurant and it is pretty good. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Public transportation in Torremolinos is excellent.

Comments