Hoyo 28, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain

Avenida Jesus Santos ReinAvenida Jesus Santos Rein

Vinoteca El ElefanteVinoteca El Elefante

help to norwegian

by slettajenta

I will arrive on Malaga airport 1900 in evening, and I will not be able to reach the bus 1930 to Estepona. How can I get from airport? Is there any buses going more frequently from Torremolinos-Marbella-Estepona? I sometimes have taken taxi to Torremolinos in daytime to get the bus to Estepona, and it seemes to go more often than the bus from Malaga Airport. Or maybe not, in the evenings? Please help me! Best wishes, Sigrid from North Norway

by Jesperp

Look at the web page http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Language=EN_GB&MO=1&SMO=1&SiteName=AGP&c=Page&cid=1048858947201&pagename=subHome

by puerto_lover

Have you looked at the Portillo bus times both from the airport and from Torremolinos and Malaga. There seems to be a Portillo bus to Estepona at 19.50 ?

The airport service direct to Marbella does not look good unless you can take the 19.30 to Marbella bus terminal. http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/aeropuerto.pdf then continue with maybe another bus or taxi?

by daarth

Hei fra Bergen!
Easiest would be to take the Airport bus that goes direct to Marbella, and then a taxi (or bus) the last 10 km's to Estepona.

Travel Tips for Torremolinos

Good FREE advice about Torremolinos

by birdie2

I don't have any first hand experience of this but in the past when I needed anything new to do with Torremolinos I have emailed the website www.TorremolinosIndex.com and they have never let me down. They have always given me a fairly swift reply with a good contact. You might like to try them.

Best of luck sounds like a great trip you are planning,

Birdie2

JAMON IBERICO

by LoriPori

A cured ham produced only in Spain,JAMON IBERICO is at least 75% black Iberian pig ( cerdo negro).
The piglets are fattened on barley and maize for several weeks. Later the diet is strictly limited to acorns for the best quality Jamon Iberico.
CURING: The hams are salted and left to dry for two weeks, after which they are rinsed and left ot dry for another four to six weeks. The curing process then takes at least nine months.
It's no wonder that they are the most expensive hams in the world - but oh so delicious.

Good and Inexpensive

by hquittner about La Raspa

This is a simple restaurant at which we were encouraged to eat by using our "eat-around" coupons that were part of our Torremolinos "extended vacation". There were many other places like this serving basic Spanish fare and others such as Chinese. Of the ones we tried, this one was the best and we came back on without coupons and ran the bill up eating their best seafood. Be sure to try a soup. Good seafood and soup

Guiri Street

by blint

My friend an ,ex Gaditano, now living in Malaga told me he had to show me this street which he named "Guiri Street", Guiri being a foreigner from Northern European. He wasn't wrong.

On this street leading down to the beach there were English bars, signs, shops and people among other nationalities. There were also some Spanish tourists from the north of Spain, the only locals I saw owned a few shops (I saw few because many shops were owned by Moroccans and Northern Europeans).

Most of the shops closer to the beach end were owned by Moroccans and Asians cashing in on Torremolinos' success as an English and German (among other) beach resort. They were selling any possible trinket and tacky souvenir you could think of: dirty postcards, cooking aprons with naked body prints, personalised name tags with silly comments, T-shirts with silly comments, squishy breast stress balls, an apron with a big willy hanging off it, you know traditional Spanish souvenirs (ummmmm).

I think they must think the English are dirty minded and due to the amount of 'dirty gifts' the English and German visitors must think that the Spanish are dirty minded too!!!!!!

When I arrived it was late in the day, I tried to take some photos but not many turned out, the results are attached.

Rolling countryside in the highlands

by Bwana_Brown

On leaving Alhama de Granada, we continued on the highway toward Granada itself but had barely left town before we had to stop several times to admire the beauty of the rolling countryside. This is prime growing land and the locals have been making use of it for centuries! Shortly after we took in those views, our highway forked and was not well sign-posted, so we almost missed the junction where the A-388 turns off the A-402. It soon revealed itself to be a beautiful little highway as it climbed over a mountain divide with the road lined in places by large mature Mediterranean Black Pine trees. Once over the top, we were amazed at the view we had of Lake Bermejales off in the distance (3rd photo). There seems to be a lot of sand showing along its shores - another indication of low reservoir levels.

It turned out to be the result of another water control reservoir and the highway eventually took us across the dam that created the lake. We were surprised at how busy the area was, but it was a sunny day and a holiday too, so why not? Apparently Bermejales is a real tourist mecca thanks to its swimming areas and sandy beaches, along with a few restaurants. Once we climbed out of the other side of the river valley, the landscape was not very spectacular - becoming even less so as we came closer and closer to Granada. However, since we had already spent two nights there near the beginning of our Spain trip, before reaching the city we veered off toward the Mediterranean Sea on the A44/E-902.

Comments