Puente Real

Costs 100% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Puente Real

Don't go here!

by TripAdvisor Member Stubbzie

From the instant we wlked into the puente real we did not feel welcome. The staff are rude and lazy, our sheets in our room were changed once during the whole week. We were all inclusive, which was lucky because the prices are very expensive and the half board food get repitative. To put it into simple terms stay away from the puente real!

wicked week!

Hi guys!

Writting to let you know about this great hotel in Malaga, all I did there was fun, going out was my target when I booked my holidays and don´t regret at all. I spent my holidays getting tanned , drinking and clubbing with my mates, but the best was the hotel, food, rooms, staff, everything was great, especially the guys at reception.
It was wicked in all senses, I did really enjoy it. Go for Malaga and Puente Real.

Good compared to what I expected

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Puente Real. Very hesitant after reading some of the reviews about it but had a really good 2 weeks. Had a 1bedroom apartment for 4 people which was very cramped but apart from that everything was good. Didn't see 1 cochroach all the time we were there. Lots of sunbeds available and the pool and pool area was lovely. A bit of a walk to the shops and restaurants. The disco in the hotel was a laugh and games being played all day for both children and adults. A good choice if you have young children but not enough for the older kids in the evening.

Be Warned

We booked a late deal to this aparthotel and to be honest didn't pay very much. When we arrived the reception and pool area looked pretty good, we checked in and where given a map with our apartment circled. I was pretty sure I'd have no problem finding our room, not so, the map was completely inaccurate and when I did find our room (by asking directions from other guests) I realised the receptionist had marked the wrong side of the block, which has no access to the apartments.
The apartment had a small kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. There's no air con and the rooms where very hot, the kitchen area was pretty useless but we didn't plan using it much so it wasn't a problem.
The shower was just about the worst I've ever had to use, a trickle of water out of a loose head with no control over direction or temperature.
My biggest complaint was the lack of maid service, we where there for a week arriving on Tuesday, towels and linen where not changed all week and the first time we saw the maid was on the following Monday when we where packing to leave.
We were half board, but only tried breakfast once, it wasn't bad but not worth crawling out of bed with a hangover for :-) We did make dinner a few evening and it was ok, nothing special but more than I'd expected having seen the state of the apartments.
The pool looked great but was quite crowded so we headed to the beach most days, which was just accross the road.
I'll not be returning to the Puente Real, but as I said at the start, I didn't pay much for this holiday and to be honest I got what I paid for.

never again

i stayed at the hotel last month and i won t be goining back
if your spanish then you ll get on great
the hotel it self was clean and well looked after but the food
had a lot to be desired.
i went fully inclusive and all i ate for a whole week was bread rolls
and chips as this was the only thing that tasted normal and that was
actually cooked properly.
there was no thematic nights and there was suppose to two.
the entertainment was a SHAMBLES.The hotel next door was much better
(hotel beach club)
SO IF YOUR AFTER A GOOD HOTEL THAN DON T GO NEAR THIS ONE !!!!!!

Vile stinking filthy hotel for cockroaches

Major cockroache infestation where they would feel right at home in the layers of filth in the rooms. Even after complaining to the staff and a 'second' clean was given, it was still filthy as a condemned building and should not be in any holiday brochure but maybe in Building Destruction weekly. I would not put a family of pigs in any of these rooms as even they would find it just too dirty. Not much chance of getting poolside beds either. The poolside beds setup was one from the Germans pshyche. You know the 'get up at 6am to claim a bed' scenario. The whole place is as overcrowded as a Chinese theme park on a public holiday. Had to pay €1000 to stay in the hotel part for two weeks. Will be looking to claim this back from Budget travelwhom we will NEVER travel with again as they obviously do NOT keep constant reviews of their accoms or rather they dont care once they are cheap. Take my advice folks and forget about even thinking about staying at Faulty towers of the Costa del Sol.

If you have already booked, try to cancel!!!!

If you have already booked….. try to change it on the basis of these reports…

Guests: Very few Brits at the site, majority French, German and Spanish.

Pool Bar: Very rude and arrogant staff, as slow as they could be, especially so from 10.15 to 11.00pm when all-inclusive finished. They tried not to serve children at all, ignoring them if adults, especially fee-paying adults were queuing. Would not serve all-inc with espresso coffee, pizza or grilled meats etc as listed in the document they give you at reception. Chips, burgers, hotdogs or cheese/ham sandwich all available from raw to cooked with the same spatula!! Took many complaints before they would serve all-inc with pint glasses, saying you were allowed 2 plastic cups instead. No tea at all, although that’s Spain I guess.

Pool Area: Very nice pool, plenty of sun beds and parasols if you were inclined to get up at 07.30 with your towels! Even if you did, others would subsequently throw your towels on the wall and take the beds and parasols. One day security had to be called as the French and Germans were actually fighting over a parasol!

Restaurant: Generally good soups, excellent salads and sweets with lots of fruit, but main coarses left a lot to be desired if you are a fussy eater. Staff very good, polite and quick to clear away dirty plates. Some days we had to queue to get drinks before we sat down to eat. Excellent espresso in bar by reception, but not part of all-inc deal.

Apartments: These are in seriously in need of renovation. The rep thought they had all been updated, but ours, 711, had just had new curtains! We had to call maintenance out to fix the door lock and replace the door handle, which just came off in your hand! We had to get one mattress replaced as springs were poking through, and one pillow was badly stained with blood! The kitchen utensils were an absolute minimum, there is no way you could self cater! Bathroom needed retiling and re-grouting, showerhead was loose so you had no way to fix its direction, and hot water was not available before 7.30am. The housekeepers did clean the bathroom and make the beds, but not once did they go in the kitchen.

Torremolinos itself is uninteresting and the Aqua Land Park closes at 7pm, not 10pm as the brochures say. There are few bars in the area, and the restaurants around about think they are doing you a favour if you go in!

The beach and padded sun beds were far better than the pool area.

In our opinion, at very best this is a 1 star complex, and certainly the worst we have stayed in. Many people were complaining to the rep who was a little over whelmed by it all, but I have to say well done to Jose and the animation team who were the only staff who seemed to possess the will to smile!!

oh my god what a dump

by TripAdvisor Member huggy1

this place is an absolute no no. when we arrived we were sent to the hotel to check in and i said to my other half "[-] its lovely inside the hotel maybe the reviews on the internet were wrong" that feeling didnt last forever. when you check in you are given a map with your apartment number on it and sent on your merry way. we hadnt got a clue where we were going and had to ask other holiday makers. the apartments were absolutely filthy, someone was after urinating in the wardrobe and the maids hadnt cleaned it the smell just hit us when we opened the door, NO AIRCONDITIONING dont mind BUDGET TRAVEL STAFF telling you that you pay €100 per week when you arrive for it (thats what we were told) no mop, bucket or brush so we went and bought a few things ourselves (thank god we did because the maids only cleaned the place two times and at that it wasnt cleaned well) my fella found glass on the ground just minutes after the maids left having "cleaned" the place. the whole sunbed system changed coming into our second week which was a good thing. anyone who puts their towels out before 9 the security guard comes and takes them all off and puts them on the stage. thats another thing security guards, a french man and a polish man were fighting at the pool area one day (i mean literally fighting boxes and all) over umbrellas and since that the hotel employed a security guard gun and all to patrol the place. we were beside a lovely family from cork and one night they were having drinks on the balcony (bottom floor) and one of them went inside the apartment to get something and the security guard got stuck in to them for leaving their glass outside on the balcony!!! we had a disaster of a holiday my 5 year old was in hospital with pneumonia for 3 days the rep Jenny sent us to the hospital told us she had phoned ahead and told them everything about my lauren and that we didnt need to bring money because we had the doctor out already (we had the doctors out the the apartment twice and they said that she was ok, but call it mothers instinct i knew she wasnt thank god i sent her to the hospital) but when we got to the hospital they wanted the money up front but eventually they let us in when they realised how sick she was (she is a good bit better now thank god) when we got out of the hospital the apartments complex was over run with cockroaches everyone we spoke to had them in their apartments (we didnt) everyone and i mean everyone had something bad to say about the place. one good thing that i will tell you to look out for is the man who does the entertainment listen to him say nya nya nya nya that was the hightlight of our holiday. i will never as long as i live book another holiday with budget travel they are the most incompetant travel agents i have ever booked with never even phoned to see how my little one was after saying they would. but on the up side we met a great bunch of people of every nationality it was the type of holiday where everybody stuck together had a drink together ate together sat together. if you didnt want to be on your own you didnt have to be there was always someone there. NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN

Not Happy

Stayed from July 3rd to 10th. Arrived and got key to apt. First impression very disappointed- cramped, old fashioned clearly not the apts that featured on the brochure. Apts to the front seemed to be much better. Moved into the hotel for an extra charge - no problems here -quite nice enjoyed the stay but very annoyed that we were allocated the inferior apts at the back. Did not get what we paid for- 3star/2key apts. Will not go back.

Food ok but too many people in restuarant- good variety of salads and fruit /desserts. Poor start to hols could have ruined it for us. Trip to Gibraltar worth it. Nice beach accross the road.

great holiday

we arrived with aprehensive at reading some of the bad reviews.
We stayed in two apartments 708 and 710 next to the guy in 711.
We found our rooms in excellent order and they were cleaned every two days and the sheets and towels were changed daily.
Perhaps this was because we upgraded to all inclusive.
W e found the meals from breakfast to evening meal excellent with a very good choice. I f 500 guests go for lunch or dinner at the same time you would expect to wait for a drink.
The pool was crowded but if you timed it right after the guard shifted all the germans and italian towels it was great.
The reception did everything to help after my daughter locked the door and then lost the key.
The entertainment was poor but had some good nights.
The pool bar was sometimes crowded and you had to wait but that is expected.
We travelled with thomas cook and they were brilliant,
Some comments say do not go there or they wont go back but we found the
place clean tidy and no cockroaches.
overall we enjoyed our week

Comments