Avenida Isabel Manoja 9, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Roc Hotel Flamingo

roc flamingo hotel

by TripAdvisor Member katie099

we had a great time at the hotel yes ok it could do with a little up dateing but the staff were great and the rooms cleaned every day and the food was fine and in my book they all make up for a great holiday and we hope to go back in september great time had

Greatly situated Flamingo

by TripAdvisor Member minibuslady

My husband & I spent 2 weeks in the Roc Flamingo in July. This was our second time staying there & if anything, things have got better on this occasion. Staff are marvellous, nothing is too much trouble & the food is absolutely brilliant. Dinner in the evenings is quite an eyeopener, so much food to choose from & all the wine, sangria & soft drinks & water you want to wash it down &, of course, desserts "to die for". We are going back there again at the end of October for 8 days & really looking forward to it. Shops, train & bus are all on your doorstep & not forgetting, Martin, Anne & Tommy in the Harp Bar just a few doors up the street - fab nights there with great company.

Hotel ok

by TripAdvisor Member Vegetarian5

Stayed at this hotel March 2007. The hotel is in a good location, close to the shops, bus and train station. The rooms are ok, but the decor needs updating. The food was good with plenty of varity and free wine. This hotel caters mainly for spanish people, which i like. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

good budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Danny_Ortiz

Greeted by a very friendly receptionist, speaking good english.
Hotel has a good location and is very central in Torremolinos.
Car parking is available directly opposite the hotel and reception can advise on discount for guests.
Rooms are basic but comfortable. Our room was spacious and very clean, including the bathroom. Regrettably the television was only in Spanish. Key cards allow access to bedrooms. We had a corner room and the balcony was tiny. We opted for b&b. The buffet breakfast included the usual continental choice but also a cooked breakfast. Staff struggled to keep up with demand for the cooked breakfast.
Hotel guests appeared to be mainly Spanish.
I'm due to return to this hotel in May 2007.

good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member andandgaenor

this is a well sitiated hotel with a no fuss aproach to self catering.very clean,very smart ,but also basic(this is reflected in the very good prices)
we arived back quite late twice and the staff were very polite.this hotel will firstly expect you to try to speak spanish even if broken or pigeon.excellent way to learn the lingo.if you don't speak any,don't worry there english is fine.

good food,great shopping

by TripAdvisor Member bethLanarkshire

I am a travel agent and have just returned from this hotel. It is a bog standard 3 star spanish hotel but with good food and an abundance of shops very close by infact I have never seen so many shops in the one resort. The food was very good at the hotel with an abundance of fuit,salads,bread and desserts along with a chicken,fish,pasta,rice and steak/port dish at each mealtime. There was also soup which got better as the week went on. The reception areas and rooms were clean if a little dated but nice enough. The bathrooms in the rooms werent great but not terrible - people had been leaning on the sinks which were kind of stuck back on and the fixings a bit rusty but they were ok. There was games on during the day and entertainment every night for an hour and a half or so. I found the staff plesant enough. We went all inclusive which was basically 3 meals a day, all your drinks and a sandwich or ice lolly between the hours of 4 and 5 at the bar. You helped yourself to soft drinks,wine,beer in the resturant but tea was only available in the resturant at breakfast which didnt please my mother saying that you could get tea at the bar. All inclusive drinks were at teh bar strictly between 11am and 11pm. The hotel is on a bit of an incline and I found the resort in general a bit steep however there was a lift to/ from the beach. The promenade itself is very flat with loads of shops around it. The catholic church is behind the picasso hotel in the centre. I felt the pool let the hotel down a bit as it had a bit of limescale around the top of it . I had a 9 year old boy with me and he had a great time. There was a pool table,table tennis, volleyball court and a few arcade style tables. Overall I had a great holiday and I would visit the hotel again but probabally wouldnt pay the £400 for the week that I just paid £300-£350 is a fair price for a week at this hotel all inclusive.

A must for families but great for short breaks with friends.

by TripAdvisor Member austand

My friend and I stayed here at the end of July 2007, for a long weekend. We had a fabulous time and are hoping to take our families next year.

We were all inclusive and found the choice of food second to none.

I am a frequent traveler all over the world so I know good value. Although the room was basic it was clean and well equiped.

The staff were friendly and entertainment varied. A must for people with children.

Thank you for a great stay. Hope we can get booked with our families for summer 2008.

Ali Gillies and Lisa Ramsay.

best hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member youngnewlywedNewry

my husband and myself stayed at this hotel for 5 days at £200. This hotel was fantastic. it was cleaned every day and i mean cleaned. you could have ate of the floor. really pleasant staff. there was entertainment on every night of the week. the outdoor pool was cleaned out everday. there was a games rooms, a reading room and there food was gorgeous. there prices are very reasonable. the day we left we had to check out at 12 but our flight was not until 23.00. the hotel let us store our luggage in there luggage room which was locked after each person puts there luggage in it and they also let us stay in the hotel until we were ready to leave for the airport. the hotel in situated right in the centre of everything. to get a taxi from the airport to the door of the hotel it is 15 euro. the beach is a street away, the shops are around the corner. no matter where you go every street leads back to this hotel. it was one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. i would advise everyone who is going to torremolinos to stay at this hotel if you want to make it more enjoyable. it is suitable for everyone, youngs couples, elderly people, groups etc. i will definetly be back at this hotel. it mademe and my husbands honeymoon alot more special and enjoyable. Torremolinos is a fantastic place so this hotel fits right in.

Clar & Michael Magill, Ireland

Low quality food

by TripAdvisor Member Northeastlads

We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Flamingo, the hotel is well situated for the train station and the main shopping area, and is also not to far away from the beach, we found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly, the food however left a lot to be desired, frozen veg, and tasteless main dishes, cheap meat and mechanically reclaimed meat, the desserts consisted of blamanche, jelly or little sponge cakes but you could if you wished have carrots and green beans for breakfast! this was however off set slightly by the fact that the red wine and sangria with your evening meal were free, which was nice if you liked chilled red wine. Would we stay at the Flamingo again perhaps, but only on a Bed & Breadfast basis

Beware of the Spanish Pensioners

by TripAdvisor Member Lancashiretravellers

Just returned from a 3nt stay at the Roc Flamingo.On first impressions the hotel was not bad for a 3 star rating. The hotel rooms were quite nice and very clean, although we were situated on the 11th floor(top floor)directly below the air conditioning units on the roof and were subjected to a constant huming noise 24 hrs a day. The hotel corridor on the top floor was a disgrace, it was dirty and grubby. On seeing other floors whilst the lift stopped at every floor they appeared to be of a higher standard.We were unlucky to visit the hotel when it was one of the spanish pensioners free holiday weeks, to say the British were out numbered was an understatement, everything in the hotel catered for the spanish. The meals were just okay, but lacked variety(Paella, chips every day)and everything was covered in either oil or sauces. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and found the variety of drinks available limited and the quality poor.

All-Inclusive Torremolinos

by One_Savvy-Traveler

Want to take an All-Inclusive holiday in Torrmelinos. Interested in a medium rated/priced hotel/resort. Does anyone have thoughts on the Roc Flamingo or Torrmelinos Beach Club? When does the 'high' season begin and end (what week and month)? Is it still warm enough to lay out on the beach? During the 'shoulder season?

Comments