Royal Al-Andalus

See Amenities

not brilliant

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 19, 2006

We toured Spain sept 2006 and stayed in 3 four star hotels and this one was the worse.

We expected more and were dissapointed on arrival. It was not the cheapest hotel and in my opinion should not be 4 star .

I must stress that there is nothing major wrong with this hotel, had it been advertised as a 3 star and we paid less I would have been happy there .

On entering our room it stank of stale smoke and whilst Im sure this is not the case of every room it was the case with ours. Our room did not have a balcony just a window overlooking the car park . Although the room was clean it was showing signs of wear such as stains on the carpet and a smashed badly repaired door frame and smashed TV. Two single beds made a double bed , reasonably comfy but not what expected in a 4 star establishment. The room was painted in a horrible salmon / orange colour.
Bathroom had 2 basins. Shower fell off wall when used and I had to make a repair with sticky tape. ( easier than complaining I thought)

The room had a minbar but it was empty!!. I told reception who replied it was supposed to be empty. I said thats ok ( perhaps they would have filled it if asked) and I filled it up myself with cut price drinks from the supermarket.

Air conditioning just worked ok. Extra charge for room safe.I asked for a bucket of ice at the bar and was given a small plastic cup full, I asked for 2 plastic cup fulls ...afterall this was a 4 star hotel.

On the plus side parking was free and the location is good, near beach and many bars / restaurants nearby.. Staff helpfull and friendly .Breakfast was ok , the typical spanish setup, nothing special.

Entertainment was at 10pm but cannot comment as we were always out . The pool was nice and clean but sunbeds ran out .

JoelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Great Hotel, great location!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2005

My stay here was a pleasureable one.
Hotel is very clean, staff are great and food is good. Breakfast was included in the price I paid and it was very good. Full continental or English breakfast was available. Rooms are clean spacious and air conditioned. Large size bathroom with two wash bowls. Each room also has it's own balcony with lovely views of the pool and outside bar area (see picture).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it's in a great location and is only 400 metres from the beach. It literally takes you 5 minutes from hotel to beach. It's one of the big hotels in Torremolinos and all taxi drivers know it in the unlikely event that you get lost. There are maps in the reception area for to pick up and they have the name and address of the hotel to show to a Taxi driver if your Spanish is not great.

Unique Quality: Multi lingual staff.
Very clean and cool rooms.
Great breakfast selection.

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Bar / Lounge

Torremolinos Travel Forum

Need advice about Torremolinos, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Torremolinos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Torremolinos hotel reviews