Avenida del Lido s/n, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, 29620, Spain
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Torremolinos

A plane arriving at Malaga airportA plane arriving at Malaga airport

Tiled picture of Saint CarmenTiled picture of Saint Carmen

Tapas selectionTapas selection

Tiki RestaurantTiki Restaurant

sea shells

by surfsiderxyz

we are two srs

love to walk the beach and pick up shells

so

are there any shells on the beachs of torremolios or near by

not just cockells but a varied selection

Re: sea shells

by Durfun

Cadiz is the place for that! Can you make it to there??

Re: sea shells

by KakapoTheParrot

I was going to offer the same advice. We stayed in El Puerto de St. Maria. The beachs on the river estuary were ankle deep in shells. I found a small conch - the only one I've picked up in Europe. My daughter still has it, along with a bag full of other species. I think from where you are you need to get to an Atlantic coast, i.e. the other side of Gibraltar. I think my daughter probably started her collection at the age of about 2 in the Algarve :-)

Travel Tips for Torremolinos

Ugly Beaches

by solopes

I must confess that I found all the beaches in Torremolinos area very common, even ugly. Dark sand, artificial beaches, heavy construction, are negative details. In the positive side I may list the temperature in the water, the professionalism of Spanish hotels, the distance from Portugal and the competitive prices.

FRIED FISH - EL PESCAITO FRITO

by LoriPori

Fried Fish EL PESCAITO FRITO plays an important part in Andalucian gastronomy. Its preparation seems simple, but it requires a special skill for which Spanish cooks are famous. The star of the menu is locally-caught whitebait, although other fish are also popular, such as red mullet, squid ( calamari ), langostines ( large shrimp ), etc. The success of fried fish revolves around the quality of the fish and the talents of the chef. The ingredients needed are fresh fish, virgin olive oil, salt and flour and it is absolutely essential to use clean oil, to make it very hot and to use a deep frying pan.

Steak to die for

by nsutton about Robins Next

The Robin's Nest is a family run steakhouse. The owners, originally from Manchester England, are very friendly.

I don't know what their secret is but I'm glad I found this place. I've not had a single meal that I've not been happy with. Their steaks are cooked to perfection and the baby back ribs are fantastic!

I couldn't recommend this place enough. Since finding it I've been back at least 10 times and I always take guests I have staying with me there. Steak medium rare.

LUNCH MENU FOR 6,50 EUROS

by LoriPori about RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Friends of ours at Bajondillo suggested we go to RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON restaurant for lunch, so Hans and I, along with Fina, Gino and Rhoda did just that.
It was about a 20 minute walk from our Hotel (and up the 179 steps to C/San Miguel).
They feature a lunch menu for 6,50 Euros.
Our menu started off with a platter of mixed salad - Ensalada Mixta - consisted of lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, olives and a nice garnish of sweet shredded beets.
For the main dish, Hans and I each had Chicken Croquets - Croquetas de Polla - consisted of 6 Croquets with a side of patatas.
For dessert we both had Flan de la Casa - delicious.
Agua - also included.

Other selections included liver, pork chops, and mixed fried fish
There is also a lunch menu for 7,50 Euros

Take the lift to the center and Calle San Miguel.

by Regina1965

I refer to my previous tip on the steps leading to Calle San Miguel and the city center of Torremolinos. As the city center of Torremolinos is situated on a hill there is no way around the steps but the lift, given that you are coming from the Paseo Maritimo. Turn right, coming from the Malaga side, at the sign "Subida Torremolinos Centro" and "Calle San Miguel Iglesia" (see the photo included) and follow the passageway with a lot of shops. Instead of turning left for the steps, go straight ahead and up a flight of stairs leading you to the lift. The fee is 50 cents and it takes you straight to Calle Las Mercedes and from there is a very short walk on your left to Calle San Miguel. Turn right on Calle San Miguel shopping street and there you are - in the old city center of Torremolinos with all its shops and restaurants and cafés and bars.

Comments