La Botica De Vejer

Canalejas 13, Vejer De La Frontera, 11150, es

Hotel La Botica de Vejer
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• coccinella169's Profile Photo

Nice - but could be improved!

In my consideration, the Casa de Califa would be the nicest hotel in Vejer. Since there was no free room I booked the la Botica instead. However, I had a pleasant stay there. It is located an about 2 minutes walk from Plaza Espana, Vejer`s main square and in a typical building of that area- white walls and a shady patio where you can take your breakfast. The breakfast was one of the things I did not like there by the way - it consisted of toast, jam or honey. There were some muffins which were not good at all as well. That`s quite ok if you stay for 2 nights only, but after a week a bit of variety would have been great!

In my first days there the patio also smelled a bit like cat pee - I don`t know where this came from, there was no resident cat at La Botica :). Apart from that strange smell, everything was perfectly clean and the rooms were simple but nicely decorated. There was also a nice flatscreen TV on the wall (which unfortunately did not work properly- but I had no time to watch TV anyway :)). Most of the other guest there were from Spain.

There is a roof top terrace from where you can enjoy a nice view over Vejer.

We had an exterior room, which normally is better than the ones around the Patio. It also had a small balcony. Unfortunately there were street works which woke me up every day at 8 a.m..

My résumé is, that I felt very comfortable there but they could improve the breakfast and maybe put some nice decoration objects to make the best of a very nice building!

Comments