B&B Siesta

Sobrarbe, 34-36, Zaragoza, 50015, Spain
B&B Siesta
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

More about Zaragoza

Zaragoza - Museo del Foro de Caesare-augustaZaragoza - Museo del Foro de Caesare-augusta

IN SEARCH OF A VERY LOCAL RESTAURANT...please not a touristic restaurant!

by listenandlearn

Hi, I am touring a large group of 19 adults and 3 children (between 7 and 12 years old). Does anyone have a highly recommendable very local (not a tourists restaurant PLEASE!) NON-TOURISTS restaurant - if possible home cooking restaurant (money is not a problem)¿ These group are from Japan so, as you can see now they are about the easiest & enjoyable people to please and always very generous. I know Barcelona like the back of my hands although I have been to Zaragoza quite often for the feasta of Nuestra Sra. Pilar, we always end up having our meals back here in Barcelona...not for any particular reason, I think it´s just the timing. Cheers!

RE: IN SEARCH OF A VERY LOCAL RESTAURANT...please not a touristic restaurant!

by Belsaita

I was living in Zaragoza for 18 years! Usually tourists concentrate around Plaza del Pilar area, so anywhere else you'll find mostly locals and Spanish visitors. The most typical local delicacies are probably 'Cardos con piñones/con almendras' (a kind of vegetable with cream sauce and nuts), and 'Ternasco con patatas a lo pobre' (roasted lamb with potatoes), try these and you’ll be not disappointed!

As budget is not a problem, here you have some good (but pricey) options in the city centre:

- La Bastilla, c/. Coso
- Asador de Aranda, close to plaza de los Sitios
- La Mar, Plaza Aragon (very posh!)
- La Martilde, C/. Predicadores, old town (maybe my favourite from the pricey ones)
- Montal, Pza Torre Nueva, old town. I’ve never eat there, but it's said to be very nice, an old palace.
- Txalupa, but this one is specialised in Basque food

Have a look here for complete contact details: http://zaragoza.lanetro.com/guia/sitios/resultado.cfm?identificador=2&IdTipo=71

Not so expensive, but very typical: Posada de las Almas, Casa Emilio, La Filoxera, Alberto's... There is a huge variety of good places. You must try the fabulous aragonese food next time you go to Fiestas del Pilar (although I do prefer the city out of 'fiestas' time).

Enjoy!

RE: RE: IN SEARCH OF A VERY LOCAL RESTAURANT...please not a touristic restaurant!

by listenandlearn

Thank you for your kind suggestions of restaurants and menu to choose from. I will have my wife come with me along with 2 of my buddies who happens to be chefs at Botafumeíro & see what they have to say... prior to taking these Japanese tourists we shall have a trial dinner....Cheers.

by Belsaita

Let me know the outcome! :-)))

Feel free to write me about any question you might have about Zaragoza. I did not find the time to write my Zaragoza page and tips yet... But I'm in love with this city, my best friends are still there (hopefully Barcelona is not a jealous lover.... hahaha)

Travel Tips for Zaragoza

Waiting for an overnight train in Zaragoza

by marimalari

"Waiting for an overnight train"

I came from Madrid in the evening, and spent 4 hours waiting for a train to Barcelona here. The reason why I still remember this is because it is the safest and cleanest trainstation i have ever been to. I slept an hour in a shiny red "Ikea" sofa, at least thats what it looked like. After an hour I was "kicked out" by the security guards, because I was in the wrong area of the station. They had oganized it like an airport, and I was already in the "boarding zone". So.....tired or not, I had to go out to the check-in zone.....They even had a security check before one were allowed to go to the plattform, and they didn`t let us go there until 10 minutes before the train arrived.

Comments