Avda de las Torres 28, Zaragoza, Aragon, 50008, Spain

More about Zaragoza

Zaragosa - BasilicaZaragosa - Basilica

Feria del Pilar

by CaptainAmerica

Does anyone know when exactly the Feria del Pilar is supposed to take place this year? I should buy tickets to go there and would like to know what cuadrillas will participate.
Any help will be much appreciated

by Carmela71

This year the 12th october, (main day) is on sunday so the 13rd monday is bank holidays as well ....

I think this year is from the 4th till the 13rd .... at least thats what shows on the Cartel de feria ....

Hope you enjoy it, this is a festival I never been, and is in my list of must do activities one day!!

by CaptainAmerica

Muchas gracias. Puedo ir a la feria solo en fin de semana (a lo mejor con el lunes siguiento). Por esta razon, tengo que definir cuando exactamente.
Sabes como puedo consultar el Cartel (para ver las cuadrillas, etc.)?

by Carmela71

me referia al cartel de fiestas hehe no al de toros, lo siento no soy muy amante del toreo, pero mira este link, es lo unico que es conseguido y solo hablan de uan corrida, la del 11 octubre sabado y es del Juli

Que lo pases bien!

by CaptainAmerica

Oups, disculpe... y disculpe para mi espanol tambien.
Muchas gracias!

by Carmela71

Nunca he visto al Juli, pero unos amigos amantes del toreo, se recorren las plazas para verle.

Carmen
Have a great time, the page is in spanish but if you do nto understnad something just tell me

by CaptainAmerica

Thanks god, I understand written (and oral) Spanish better than I writte it myself.
As regards El Juli, who I saw twice in France, he is probably one of the best current matadores.
Effectively, the web site you mention only deals with the corrida of El Juli but I cannot figure out that no website at all provide the full Cartel... Anyway, one of my friend will have to deal with it.
Once again thanks for your help and be sure that I will test the Cartel de fiestas as well!

by Carmela71

No se si prefeires en ingles o en español, hehe

I am afraid I had not been able to find much information about bullfighteen in internet.

When I had tried to look for the carteles de fiestas, of other cities, I had never been able to find it, I do not know if they do not exist, or jsut that I do not find them...

And you write very well spanish

by CaptainAmerica

Hay un website sobre la plaza de toros de zaragoza, pero la ultima informacion es de 2002... Es probablemente muy interessante de conocer las cuadrillas de los anos passados y la opinion de los directores de la plaza, pero no me ayuda en mi busca.
Felicitaciones por tus paginas que estan muy muy interessantes.
Es hoy dia mi primer dia de travajo despues de las vacaciones y me da gana de llorar que mirar a estas paginas sobre mi amada espana...
Que le vaya bien.
Yannick

by trueman

Dear Friends:
I'm from this town and to say the truth it's a very normal town like many of this type along spain. Specially poor region, hotels, restaurants etc' prices are starting to raise to take profit from the political speculating idea of expo. My advice is clear: don't waste your money. If you want to come here, do it, but spending a reasonable amount of money. Don't let them spend your money as they wanted to do. Force your way pay your attention choosing right places.
Any help from me don't doubt to ask me.
Sincerely yours

by corporates

This will be shown on satellite tv on d+, canal+, the electronic programme guide says it starts on 5th October 2007.

Canal Feria Del Pilar
Satellite 19.2 degrees east (Astra) frequency 11154 vertical, symbol rate 22000
Hispasat 30.0 degrees west frequency 11771 vertical, symbol rate 27500

Hope this helps if you have satellite tv.

Travel Tips for Zaragoza

When to go?

by Belsaita

What is the best time to visit Zaragoza? I'd would say Spring and Autumn.

The climate is extreme there, purely continental. During summer 40 Celsius or more is the norm, in Winter you get frozen, and it's ALWAYS windy (good point, probably the less polluted city of Spain!).

There are very interesting Easter traditions, even not so well knows as others in Spain (as many things on this city). So Semana Santa is a good time to visit, and see a few impressive processions accompanied by the traditional Aragonese drums.

And... of course, El Pilar (October 12th). Around this date the city celebrates a big festival, during a few days. Street music and parties, parades... and finally the famous offer of millions of flowers to the Virgin. You'll see lots of local people proudly wearing their traditonal costumes.

ZARAGOZA

by parsix

My trip to Zaragoza was fast and short. I meat Alfonzo at Miami 1998 where we both attended University. He was in town for a weeding so we decided to come along and visit him.
I did the tourist mary go round the city... but did not take many pictures.
I know I will eventually come back, and them I will dedicate then more time to know the city.

Comments