Hotel Nap

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Oviedo

Oviedo, old quarter.Oviedo, old quarter.

Old Town, Oviedo, AsturiasOld Town, Oviedo, Asturias

me and Katrinme and Katrin

houseshouses

The Oviedo Sudarium (Christ's blood stained cloth)

by eugene.uk

Does anyone know whether the Sudarium of the Oviedo cathedral is on public display, or is it kept away from view? I will be in the area soon and would consider visiting Oviedo just to have a look, but only if it is on display for the general public. Just curious.

by Belsaita

Sudarium-mark

by qaminari

Only if you will be there on Good Friday, or in September http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudarium_of_Oviedo

by dino335

In my opinion, Oviedo is worth a visit regardless of whether or you can see the Sudarium. In addition to Good Friday, it is also displayed the Feast of the Triumph of the Cross on 14 September, and its octave on 21 September.

by eugene.uk

Thank you all so much. I have been to Oviedo on several occasions but I had no idea the cathedral claimed to hold such a relic. I only found out recently while watching a programme on the Turin Shroud on TV. I just find it fascinating how people venerate such items, whether authentic or not. I will definitely try to organise a visit around Easter or September.

Thanks again, you have been great help.
Eugene

Thanks Pedro.

I do know Oviedo. I used to drive my dad to a well known eye clinic in the city (I am originally from Galicia, even though I have been living abroad for quite some time now). I totally agree with you, Oviedo is a cute little place.

I will definitely try to visit at Easter or September.

Thank you so much, all of you.

Travel Tips for Oviedo

FIRST VICTORY: HUNGARY 2003

by Chus69

We have the date: August 24th, 2003.
At last, Fernando Alonso won the first of a long list of victories in Speed Racing Cars. It took place on Hungary GP, in Budapest, one of the more beautiful cities in the world.
I was sticken to the armchair while he was running lap after lap in first position. The most important moment in the race was at 9 laps to the end, when Michael Schumacher (Ferrari driver, the actual World Champion) saw the blue flag which indicates him that Fernando is taking relay... Renault 23B

Comments