Crtra Port Des Torrent Sn, San Antonio, 07830, ES

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Club San Remo

Absolute Rubbish!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Gav_7

We have just returned from a 5 night break at the San Remo hotel in Ibiza. On the whole, the hotel was very poor! When we booked we were advised that this property was a 4 STAR but in fact would have struggled to make standards of a 2 STAR.

The food was awful. You dont expect to go to Ibiza and eat fish fingers and crispy pancakes served with over cooked chips or hardened sweet potatoes......come on!!!

The rooms were filthy and the shower was broken so much so that it was a guess if you were getting hot water or cold water or even a mixture. The maids were reluctant to adhere to basic hygene standards and became very hostile after you had asked for new towels to be supplied.

On 2 occassions, our beds had'nt even been made up, never mind the bath being cleaned. It was evident that the hotel had received some kind of renovation, but believe me, you would not have lay in the bath for fear of coming out dirtier that you went in.

The entertainment.......now that was funny. We watched from the balcony as a man brought out what looked like an oversized CD player and played music at full blast. He even got fed up of DJ'ing to himself and would cut songs off not even half way through to put another one on. He was lucky if he attracted an audiance of 3 for the duration of his "set".

The hotel reception staff were exceptionally rude to us when we first arrived. They probably assumed that my girlfriend and i were just some random tourists willing to be treated with utter dissrespect. Little did they realise that i spoke fluent spanish and when i spoke back to her, the smug laugh swiftly disappeared from her and her colleagues face. We could'nt have been made more welcome from there on in.

Overall, San Antonio bay is a lovely area to stay in if you find the right place. Find the wrong place or somewhere not so good and it could potentially spoil your whole holiday. I recommend the boat across to San Antonio for 2Euros. It became a lifeline for us during the day and night. If i had the opportunity to stay at the San Remo again for free then i would not hesitate to decline in an instant.

Holiday from hell

by TripAdvisor Member felix16

We decided on this hotel in Jan 07 and booked as a family clubbing holiday that wasn't right in the centre of it all. After reading the reviews on this site i was impressed. However we arrived to the san remo to be told we were staying in sea view rooms in hotel S'estanyol. thought couldn't be that bad. What a mistake!! We had jacuzzi rooms bonus? They didn't work, satellite tv as advertsied didn't work. when you had a shower you flooded the bedroom. not nice to be cleaning up when you went all inclusive to relax. Most people on all inclusive intend on having a few drinks? Not if the bar runs out of vodka by the wednesday but they wouldn't get anymore in until Saturday when the new guests were arriving. Food was edible at times cold and very repetitve. They even ran out of strawberry jam but conincidently they had it for the saturday morning when they had new arrivals. Try to complain you get no help reception say they've log it but when you have air con not working and dripping mention it on the saturday when you first arrive. The engineer will be round by friday if you see him at all. Very disappointing hotel and this is a true review coming from a travel agent. Never ever recommend this hotel to anyone

ice

by TripAdvisor Member audrey147

Just back today from this hotel, cant fault the location not the cleanest of pool areas I've seen but passable if you don't mind a bit of dirt and the food was ok not always the hottest but you can survive on what's supplied. Stayed on all inclusive basis the bar staff were definitely the worst ever, one piece of ice and when asked for more as drink was warm my daughters boyfriend was told by the bar person called Clare that the shop sold ice across the street when i spoke to her about this she then threatened to call the police it was easier to leave the hot drink and keep getting fresh ones how that is avoiding waste is beyond me a glass of ice in time would definitely have saved the vodka and cokes I was on holiday and this rude woman was like a jailer other guests would not go to the bar while she was serving and several had bought carryout's rather than face the bar servers wrath. We were leaving on Saturday 28th June at 6.15am on the friday on return to our room to wash for dinner there were no towels so I rang reception who told us to pick some up at reception when we got there for we were in the attached hotel a 2 day camel ride from reception they had none about 2 hours later they did send up towels 2 hours too late. More and more crowds were arriving and pandemonium was setting in with guests in reception screaming about this that and the other thank goodness I'm home again i need a break to get over this holiday

Don't waste your hard earned money in this dive of a hotel, complete rip off!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NattyV1986

Just returned from the San Remo hotel and I urge you not to waste your money on this actual 2 star accomodation. I feel completely lied to by all of the marketing material the hotel advertise and believe me the hotel does not look as clean as in the pictures and is a total rip off.
Me, my partner and our 2 friends who are also a couple came to Ibiza to see what all the hype was about as we are in our twenties yet we didnt want to be in rowdy san antonio so the bay seemed the better option. I read the reviews before I went to Ibiza and thought that I had to go with an open mind.
The minute I opened the front door to our room I was greeted by 2 cockroaches, 1 dead and the other pumped up on steroids (at least 3 inches long and an inch thick) crawling around the floor. The air con was lousy and we were baking in the heat yet couldn't open the balcony doors as they had no insect screens. We had paid all inclusive yet the air con was not on properly, the tv didn't work and I found a whole list of things down on a leaflet at the reception that we had to pay for if we wanted to use it. I'm sorry but I thought all inclusive covered this.
Yes you have a jaccuzi bath and a bidet but that does not constitute 4 star accomodation. Our bidet was stained from feaces as well as the loo, the jaccuzi jets and taps had mold growing on them. You were lucky to get a change of towels at all and considering we arrived on the monday our floor was not swept or mopped until the Friday. Our bed was not changed once.
The food is awfull, repetitive, foul smelling and worse tasting. If you want to live of chip rolls all week then you will love it here. The drinks machine in the resturant kept breaking and the all inclusive bar in the san remo was moved to it;s sister hotel next door halfway through the week. This meant if you wanted a coke or a tea or alcohol drink, even water, you had to go to the hotel next door. The San Remo bar was now a paying bar only and in order to get a drink you had to queue with everyone from the san remo and also the other 4 to 500 other guests staying in the hotel next door,only to get a drink the size of a shot glass. What a joke.
The outside toilets near the pool were locked so everyone had to use the one male and female toliet located downstairs in the reception. Despite having signs up that footwear andclothing should be worn upon entering the hotel, nobody did this and none of the staff challenged anyone, this meant that half naked people waltzed around the place all day, the tiled floors were soaking and I nearly slipped over twice. The toilet was filthy and soaked and smelt awfull.
Out of the two lifts there was one of them that was constantly broke and although a sign was placed on the door in the reception if you were on the 4th floor like us you were not aware of the problem until all of you became trapped in the lift between two floors in temperatures of 36 degrees plus.
Your snacks throughout the day are curly sandwiches in a beer fridge and pastries next to the window hatch that the flies have landed on all day.
I thought this break would be just what I needed from the stress of everyday ife back here in the U.K but I've come home absolutely disgusted with the amount of money Ive paid to stay there. Do yourself a favour and book somewhere you will have a holiday to remember for all of the right reasons and dont stay here.

I BEG YOU DONT STAY HERE

by TripAdvisor Member sammys1974

I had been to this site just after booking a two week all inclusive stay at the San Remo I saw lots of people saying how terrible this place was but a few (who must have been written by the hotel staff) said it was good. I thought oh well it cant be that bad lets try and make the most of it. I spoke too soon, we arrived very early Sunday morning to meet a nice guy who checked us in and off we went to our room, it was clean (no sea view) but had all we needed. (you will find from time to time no towels and even though your bed is made every day you'll be lucky to get clean sheets and the floor swept) in the morning we went down to breakfast and saw what could only be described as warm over cooked eggs, some spam disguised as bacon that wasn't cooked and bread for toasting that felt and tasted a little stale.. i hoped things would improve at lunch... Nop i was wrong, its school dinners and bad school dinners at that. Dinner by the way was no better! we eat out after the first week as we both could not take it anymore. we stopped eating lunch or breakfast, there are plenty of places up the road that serve excellent food at very reasonable prices.

Now we come to the bar, everything you get is in a small plastic cup with one ice cube don’t ask for vodka and orange coz it aint orange!! yuk.. you'll be ok if you stick to coke, sprite, orange or lemon fanta. The bar staff are ok, i met a nice girl called clare (she's English) she does the day shift and was pleasant.

The reception staff are i think the rudest people i've ever met in my life, they don’t smile are very unhelpful, when you ask a question like where do i catch a bus into Ibiza town your told i don’t know because they cant be bothered to help, you ask them to call you a taxi and they give you a dirty look... and on the last day when we checked out i asked where could i put my bags, well this ----- threw the key over the counter at me. I don’t know how i didn't punch her lights out but i made a point of handing back the key and asking her again "where should i put my bags and this time tell me properly" my face i think said it all. (watch out for this girl with the dark long curly hair) horrible person!

most of the hotel guests are either Spanish or Italian, some Germans and the English guest we did talk to said the same thing as us about the rude reception staff, when one of the guess went to complain about the rude staff the manager would not come out of his office to see them and another couple kicked up a stink also but were told don’t like it leave... they were then chucked out of the hotel onto the street, they had to book into another hotel up the road.

I beg you dont stay at this place you will hate it!

Comments